Elton John and Leon Russell?

jr19jr19 Posts: 338
edited October 2010 in Other Music
i was wondering if anyone else picked up this album and what their impression was?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I got it last week and it's awesome. Very very cool melodies and Elton and Leon compliment each other so well. This is Elton's best album in decades, I think.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Saw them perform at Bridge School over the wknd and thought they were great. Leon Russell has a realllly cool voice.
    Elton John opened for PJ! Ha!!!
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I got it last week and it's awesome. Very very cool melodies and Elton and Leon compliment each other so well. This is Elton's best album in decades, I think.

I like this outlook. I was thinking about grabbing this. Some of Elton's earlier material is in constant rotation for me.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • jr19jr19 Posts: 338
    saw them play on Fuse a week ago and decided to get the album... really like "Hey Ahab", "Monkey Suit", "Jimmie Rodgers Dream", and "When Love is Dying".
  • mtade17mtade17 Posts: 41
    They were really good at Bridge School, but was so hoping to hear Eddie come out and sing "Tiny Dancer" or "Rocketman" with Elton John. :D
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    mtade17 wrote:
    They were really good at Bridge School, but was so hoping to hear Eddie come out and sing "Tiny Dancer" or "Rocketman" with Elton John. :D

If that did happen, and I was there...I think I would've went into cardiac arrest. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,671
    Leon Russell is one of the most underated musicians ever.

His Late 60's/Early 70's stuff is ice cream

To hear Leon play

1) Delta Lady
    2) Stranger in a Strange Land

is a thing of beauty.

The new album is pretty great too...Hey Ahab is killer!!
    These guys should have done this 30 years ago..
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    This is easily in my top 5 albums of the year.