The Big 5 College Basketball Thread

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    GREAT to see Omari Spellman get drafted in the FIRST round.
    And Brunson goes 33 to Dallas

BLUE BLOODS!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    And Brunson goes 33 to Dallas

BLUE BLOODS!
    I think Brunson should've been a 1st Rounder
    edited August 2018
    Having trouble embedding this Tweet, so here's the link of  Eric Dixon:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">
    Post edited by cutz on
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    cutz said:
    Having trouble embedding this Tweet, so here's the link of  Eric Dixon:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">
    he doesn't look that tall.  and has he gotten paid too?  :)

Five-star guard Nico Mannion is down to a final four of Arizona, Villanova, Marquette and Duke

11:12 AM - 11 Aug 2018

Nico MannionPoint guardclass of 20195 starRR 00PinnaclePhoenix  AZ1750lbs6 feet 3 inchesnational rank 24undecided

BRYAN ANTOINE a 5 Star guard has committed to Villanova. ( I'm on my phone and don't know how to post a link to the story). But, I was told that Nova has been recruiting this kid from around 8th or 9th grade and he was considering Nova for a couple of years. 

He  plays at the Ranney School in NJ.  I've seen this kid play and he's the REAL DEAL.  Another great get for Nova as Jay Wright is keeping this locomotive train rolling: BIG TIME. 

Antoine has a HS teammate that Nova is recruiting too who is a top 10 or so player. His name is Scottie Lewis.  Last rumor I heard he was leaning to Florida,  but that was near the end of HS season last year. 
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    cutz said:
    BRYAN ANTOINE a 5 Star guard has committed to Villanova. ( I'm on my phone and don't know how to post a link to the story). But, I was told that Nova has been recruiting this kid from around 8th or 9th grade and he was considering Nova for a couple of years. 

He  plays at the Ranney School in NJ.  I've seen this kid play and he's the REAL DEAL.  Another great get for Nova as Jay Wright is keeping this locomotive train rolling: BIG TIME. 

Antoine has a HS teammate that Nova is recruiting too who is a top 10 or so player. His name is Scottie Lewis.  Last rumor I heard he was leaning to Florida,  but that was near the end of HS season last year. 
    weren't there questions about how those 2 kids ended up at that high school? I recall seeing a story that one guy brought them to the school or something and the school had never won in basketball before these 2 kids showed up.  seemed kind of shady. between these two and Quinerly Jay seems to be getting closer to the line.  
    THE RICH GET RICHER
    chinese-happy.jpg
    JK_Livin said:
    I've only seen Ray play twice at some event after the HS season was over. He's a tough SOB. Based on the few times i saw him i think he'll do well at LaSalle.  MAYBE i'll see more of him this Winter.
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:

weren't there questions about how those 2 kids ended up at that high school? I recall seeing a story that one guy brought them to the school or something and the school had never won in basketball before these 2 kids showed up.  seemed kind of shady. between these two and Quinerly Jay seems to be getting closer to the line.  
    There was no question about the kids themselves as i have heard nothing bad about these kids. In fact i hear they are good character kids as i know someone who coaches AAU and knows them. 

Yes, ther were questions how they ended up at Ranney.  I admit the opitcs of it doesn't look good, but that's not on any of the kids who are at that school. If it's true parents are paying fair-markey value then i don't see anything wrong, but, again it doesn't look good. But, this shit has been going on for Decades that i know of. We hear stories quite often.

Here's the article you may have been talking of : https://projects.nj.com/investigations/kingmaker/

Lewis did come from out of State but was in grade school in NJ in 7th grade. Klatsky, and his son, knew  Antoine from 2nd grade. 

Some funny guys quoted in that article:

The Reverend from St. Benedict's made me laugh. They were suspended out of the State association (NJSIAA) for recruiting soccer players a long time ago. They recruit from all over the world now because they never rejoined the NJSIAA since that suspension. 

Bob Hurley's last few years he was getting players from NY and from other States. I guess the good players dried up in Jersey City. Hell,  i knew a BIG kid from Atlantic City was commuting there for his Frosh year. 

Newark, i think, has open enrollment for the city of over 280,000

Phil Colicchio , the Linden coach was getting players outside of Linden for years(He's  now the new coach at Elizabeth and the question around the basketball junkie, is how long will it  take Phil to have a GOOD team? Most say not long if he can get players to come like he did at Linden>LOL)

Not sure why they have Lewis' old AAU coach quoted as that's ALL  AAU does is recruit players.

Here's ESPN list of schools for Lewis : http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/224176/scottie-lewis

Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    edited October 2018
    And another great get for Nova(if he keeps his commitment) 

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Five-star-forward-Jeremiah-Robinson-Earl-commits-to-Villanova-124024637/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Five-star forward Jeremiah Robinson-Earl commits to Villanova
    by Evan Daniels
    21 hours ago

Five-star forward Jeremiah Robinson-Earl verbally committed to Villanova on Tuesday, his coach LJ Goolsby tells 247Sports.

Robinson-Earl, who is finishing his high school career at Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy, picked Villanova over Kansas. Robinson-Earl also took official visits to Arizona, Notre Dame and North Carolina.

Playing for KC Run GMC, Robinson-Earl is coming off a productive summer, where he averaged 19.5 points and 11.4 rebounds a game on the Under Armour circuit.

“Robinson-Earl is one of the most productive players in the country," 247Sports analyst Brian Snow said. "He has a tremendous motor and is an excellent athlete. He scores from the mid-range and in, and should be a big time multi-year contributor at Villanova.”

Robinson-Earl is ranked No. 18 overall and No. 4 at the power forward position in the 247Sports Composite Rankings.

With the addition of Robinson-Earl, Villanova moves to No. 2 in the 247Sports Team Rankings. The Wildcats now have four commitments in the 2019 recruiting class.

Robinson-Earl is their second five-star commitment. Bryan Antoine is also a five-star recruit, while Justin Moore and Eric Dixon are regarded as four-star prospects.

cutz said:
    And another great get for Nova(if he keeps his commitment) 

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Five-star-forward-Jeremiah-Robinson-Earl-commits-to-Villanova-124024637/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Five-star forward Jeremiah Robinson-Earl commits to Villanova
    by Evan Daniels
    21 hours ago

Five-star forward Jeremiah Robinson-Earl verbally committed to Villanova on Tuesday, his coach LJ Goolsby tells 247Sports.

Robinson-Earl, who is finishing his high school career at Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy, picked Villanova over Kansas. Robinson-Earl also took official visits to Arizona, Notre Dame and North Carolina.

Playing for KC Run GMC, Robinson-Earl is coming off a productive summer, where he averaged 19.5 points and 11.4 rebounds a game on the Under Armour circuit.

“Robinson-Earl is one of the most productive players in the country," 247Sports analyst Brian Snow said. "He has a tremendous motor and is an excellent athlete. He scores from the mid-range and in, and should be a big time multi-year contributor at Villanova.”

Robinson-Earl is ranked No. 18 overall and No. 4 at the power forward position in the 247Sports Composite Rankings.

With the addition of Robinson-Earl, Villanova moves to No. 2 in the 247Sports Team Rankings. The Wildcats now have four commitments in the 2019 recruiting class.

Robinson-Earl is their second five-star commitment. Bryan Antoine is also a five-star recruit, while Justin Moore and Eric Dixon are regarded as four-star prospects.

hmm arizona and kansas  on his list and they have been mentioned in the FBI reports.  plus nova already has one guy on the roster this year on the FBI reports. interesting...when you lay with dogs you end up with fleas???

they are re-loading though.  someone in the city better get them this year.  hopefully my Hawks.

THE RICH GET RICHER.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Jay Wright gonna get got soon. Then pull a Pete Carroll and go to the Sixers 
    Jay Wright is gonna take your mom out to a nice seafood dinner... and then never call her again. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    not sure what was worse. getting crushed by Michigan or losing to Furman?  Where the hell is Furman even located?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    not sure what was worse. getting crushed by Michigan or losing to Furman?  Where the hell is Furman even located?
    located in the city of one of the top 3 PJ show's i've ever seen that great city of Greenville SC.
    Lasalle will be lucky to win double digit games this year
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    pjhawks said:
    located in the city of one of the top 3 PJ show's i've ever seen that great city of Greenville SC.
    oh ok

Didn't realize they got knocked out of the top 25 this week.  Should be back in there this week i would think.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Nova/Temple tonight (i'll probably be watching the sixers game though)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    I was flipping back and forth too. Temple blew it. If there ever was a year that they could knock off the defending champs, it was this one.

Nova's winning games but clearly aren't gelling yet the way they hope they will be later in the season. Ugly game. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I was at this event but had to leave because they made our section move to let the DeMatha students sit ther. Many of us were ther since mid-day(12:30 for me), and the place was way OVER-SOLD so ther was no place to sit or even stand. I get the students need a section to sit but it should've been marked off at the start of the event. We would have NEVER sat ther. Was ther for just over 8 hours only to miss the 2 Nova recruits play, and i drove to DC from NJ. Oh well, i got home 2 hours earlier.

Here's a video highlight of the game and it will give you a little idea of how packed that gym was.(I wonder where the Fire Marshall was>LOL)

The 2 Nova recruits are from:

#10 Jeremi Robinson-Earl (Black Jesrsey )-IMG>He was game MVP
      #5 Justin Moore (White Jersey)-DeMatha 

Near the end they show the Stat sheet.

https://youtu.be/TLUzpVrQLOM
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Down goes Gonzaga.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    Down went St Joes, yet again. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Down goes Gonzaga.
    Wrong thread as  Gonzaga is not in the Big 5. Plus, i DVR'd the Tennessee-Gonzaga game when i read your post and now i know who won.

If Penn can't beat Nova it will be another undefeated season in the Big 5. If Nova doesn't get beat this year this streak may go on for another couple of years or so.