The 2018-19 Big 5 College Basketball Thread

1585960616264»

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 9,041
    Down went St Joes, yet again. 
    maybe next year we will actually get to play you with a healthy roster. our best player and top rebounder missed the game.  Not saying Hawks would have won with Brown and Oliva mostly because our coach is a fucking moron but chances would have been much greater.  I'd luv to ask Phil the thought process on letting a team with zero inside presence take 43 3s in the game.  just fucking dumb coaching.

I think Penn has a great chance to upset nova Tuesday.  And if Penn does they could be setting themselves up to at least get into the conversation for an at-large. they beat an ACC team last week. that would be two really big wins. 

and you would think a player whose parents got paid could get on the court more than a few minutes against a mid major missing 2 of their top 5 players.  think jay is going to regret taking Quinerly.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there.Posts: 32,660
    "Maybe next year." Maybe!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited December 2018
    maybe if we had guys on our team whose family got paid to play in college we'd be better.  But hey ill still be there.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    edited December 2018
    pjhawks said:
    maybe if we had guys on our team whose family got paid to play in college we'd be better.  But hey ill still be there.
    Maybe next year?
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 27,491
    Was listening to some Ringer podcast recently and the dude that works for the Ringer who was on the Oden Ohio State team said the going rate for a top recruit is $50k and a car.  Would make sense why Nova was number two for the Arizona kids if they were willing to kick it up a notch.

Jay gonna get got.
    Was listening to some Ringer podcast recently and the dude that works for the Ringer who was on the Oden Ohio State team said the going rate for a top recruit is $50k and a car.  Would make sense why Nova was number two for the Arizona kids if they were willing to kick it up a notch.

Jay gonna get got.
    Aww, that's cute.

Is this Mark Titus? His book was pretty entertaining. Juggler recommends. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 27,491

Jay gonna get got.
    Aww, that's cute.

Is this Mark Titus? His book was pretty entertaining. Juggler recommends. 
    Yes, I believe that is it. I always forget his name.  He also said that Oden claims to this day he didn't get anything and that he got made fun of relentlessly for not getting anything when he got to the NBA

Jay gonna get got.
    Nah nova people think Quinerly's family only whored themselves out for Arizona. You know cause prostitutes pick and choose who they are gonna charge for services.
    pjhawks said:

Jay gonna get got.
    Nah nova people think Quinerly's family only whored themselves out for Arizona. You know cause prostitutes pick and choose who they are gonna charge for services.
    Maybe next year, Hawks...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Tip of the cap to you, Penn. Congrats. 

And Jahvon’s not happy here anyway. Do it the Villanova way or hit the road, kid. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Tip of the cap to you, Penn. Congrats. 

And Jahvon’s not happy here anyway. Do it the Villanova way or hit the road, kid. 
    ahh if only someone had posted that Penn had a great shot at the upset...oh wait I did.  

of course knowing Jay he will go to Allen Fieldhouse and they will beat Kansas on the Saturday.  I guess nova doesn't do exams for their players.
    Losing to Penn and then taking Kansas down to the wire are probably the best things that could have happened to this young Nova team. Dominating win yesterday. Feeling pretty good heading into Big East play. Go Cats. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South JerseyPosts: 6,811
    From 0-10 to 2-10 over the Xmas break. Explorers trending up!!!  Always help when the opposing team scores on themselves on an inbounds play. https://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/video/1405490755845?utm_campaign=share_buttons&utm_medium=fscom&utm_term=post&utm_content=return_visit&utm_source=share_url
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer