all better now

thank u
    MoonTurtle wrote:
    Ok I totally suck at this
    I downloaded RAR for mac and nothing
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    tremors wrote:
    Here is the unedited show just broadcast on Sirius Radio. Straight from Bridge soundboard to my soundcard and now straight to you. (Via The Rob of course!). I'm hoping this will be cool, since this is not a commercially available release. If not, please take it down Mods!

This upload is all about speed, simplicity and my laziness, so no complaining about quality (which is excellent btw) or that I haven't broken it down into individual songs! ;) It is recorded at 320kbs MP3 - and if you are wondering why there is an extra track on the end it is because I didn't know when to break off, and couldn't bring myself to interrupt when this track started!

Enjoy

http://www.mediafire.com/?nfifu0xsyg6bao6

split into tracks

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0LY82HSH
  • Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    tremors wrote:
    gecko wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    Here is the unedited show just broadcast on Sirius Radio. Straight from Bridge soundboard to my soundcard and now straight to you. (Via The Rob of course!). I'm hoping this will be cool, since this is not a commercially available release. If not, please take it down Mods!

This upload is all about speed, simplicity and my laziness, so no complaining about quality (which is excellent btw) or that I haven't broken it down into individual songs! ;) It is recorded at 320kbs MP3 - and if you are wondering why there is an extra track on the end it is because I didn't know when to break off, and couldn't bring myself to interrupt when this track started!

Enjoy

It gets better and better. Thanks!

Is the first time I've ripped stuff in this way, so I'm not sure if the quality could have been better - it's the best I could do though!

I grabbed it on my way out and listened today, while on the move, I thought it was excellent. Way to go :)
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,483
    tremors wrote:

Are you sure it's from the soundboard? The version The Rob's been playing on non-Sirius PJ Radio is a really good audience recording. You can tell because there are several prominent audience members expressing their joy when certain songs start.
  • Options
    Little ItalyLittle Italy Rochester, NY Posts: 404
    tremors wrote:

Enjoy

First off, thank you so much for putting this up! Those strings from Black have been in my head all week. Is there a place where we may be able to find night 2 or a soundboard recording of the whole show?(all artists)
    "he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    tremors wrote:

Are you sure it's from the soundboard? The version The Rob's been playing on non-Sirius PJ Radio is a really good audience recording. You can tell because there are several prominent audience members expressing their joy when certain songs start.

I'm just sharing whatever Rob played last night! I thought it was soundboard when I posted having listened once during the broadcast - but having listened through a few times it sounds like it might be audience. Is very good. Don't know. Sorry for being misleading! At an acoustic show audience members can get in the mix pretty easily. We better ask the Rob!

I just assumed they would be broadcasting soundboard. I can record tonight's in the same way if it is of use / interest.
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    tremors wrote:

Enjoy

split into tracks

Thanks norm - I figured somebody could do something with it!! Weren't you at the shows? Good stuff!!

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    tremors wrote:

I'm just sharing whatever Rob played last night! I thought it was soundboard when I posted having listened once during the broadcast - but having listened through a few times it sounds like it might be audience. Is very good. Don't know. Sorry for being misleading! At an acoustic show audience members can get in the mix pretty easily. We better ask the Rob!

I just assumed they would be broadcasting soundboard. I can record tonight's in the same way if it is of use / interest.
    Great job and thank you so much. Yes, PLEASE do the same thing for night 2 if you can. THANKS!
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    norm wrote:
    tremors wrote:

Enjoy

split into tracks

Thanks norm - I figured somebody could do something with it!! Weren't you at the shows? Good stuff!!

My Brother from the UK!! You are the man Tremors. Thanks for sharing this, it sounds great.
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    ]
    tremors wrote:

Enjoy

split into tracks

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0LY82HSH (thanks norm)

My Brother from the UK!! You are the man Tremors. Thanks for sharing this, it sounds great.

Hey Cam4Pres! Shouldn't you be resting after your recent exertions?? I know, it's a lifetime commitment - keeping on spreading the Jam!! :D

I intend to record and upload tonight's show in the same way before going to bed again. If some kind person (like norm) can translate it into individual MP3s for us, then that is even better. It took about 30 minutes to upload from when the show finished last night. I was pleased that there were no 'buffering issues' with night 1 - but it has been known in my house, so fingers crossed for tonight's.

• Options
    Little ItalyLittle Italy Rochester, NY Posts: 404
    edited November 2010
    thanks......
    Post edited by Little Italy on
    "he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
  • Options
    Re: Bridge School night 2 - recording from Sirius Radio broadcast

Hi - I'm afraid I had some problems with the online player & broadband link tonight, and I didn't manage to record the show nearly as smoothly as last night. There were quite a few 'skips', and half way through 'The End' the entire connection seemed to go down, and that effectively split the recording into two pieces. I'm listening through currently, and on the actual mp3 the skips I heard while listening to the show don't necessarily seem to have transferred to the recording - so it may turn out better than I fear. Bear with me!

I'm not optimistic about being able to salvage 'The End' - but I am pretty confident Other Side and many other songs are absolutely fine, and my first impression is the overall quality is even better than last night's.

I'll see what I can do - it may be that simply uploading the two halves as two MP3s is the best I can do for now, or trying to stitch them together as one - and maybe it is mainly The End which has been affected.

Back soon!!

• Options
    tremors wrote:

Hi - I'm afraid I had some problems with the online player & broadband link tonight, and I didn't manage to record the show nearly as smoothly as last night. There were quite a few 'skips', and half way through 'The End' the entire connection seemed to go down, and that effectively split the recording into two pieces. I'm listening through currently, and on the actual mp3 the skips I heard while listening to the show don't necessarily seem to have transferred to the recording - so it may turn out better than I fear. Bear with me!

I'm not optimistic about being able to salvage 'The End' - but I am pretty confident Other Side and many other songs are absolutely fine, and my first impression is the overall quality is even better than last night's.

I'll see what I can do - it may be that simply uploading the two halves as two MP3s is the best I can do for now, or trying to stitch them together as one - and maybe it is mainly The End which has been affected.

Back soon!!

have decided for now the best thing to do is to upload the two halves, and people can have a listen, and see what they think - a lot of it is very good! I don't think the End is going to be readily salvageable though :( . Someone that knows more about editing and MP3s might be able to make it up from the 3 pieces of it on my HD - but I'm not sure if this is necessary or worth it. I'm not uploading the missing piece, but if some techy type wants it, let me know. I can see what people think to this recording tomorrow morning

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    tremors wrote:

Back soon!!

have decided for now the best thing to do is to upload the two halves, and people can have a listen, and see what they think - a lot of it is very good! I don't think the End is going to be readily salvageable though :( . Someone that knows more about editing and MP3s might be able to make it up from the 3 pieces of it on my HD - but I'm not sure if this is necessary or worth it. I'm not uploading the missing piece, but if some techy type wants it, let me know. I can see what people think to this recording tomorrow morning

Here is what I ripped / recorded from tonight's radio show online- again at 320kbs MP3.

Part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?v0ncc3s3l0yp5h3
    Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?3gqaq9amq3y5z23

I believe these songs were completely unaffected:

Other Side
    Walk With Me
    Lukin
    Just Breathe
    Black
    Elderly Woman

These songs each have one skip

Daughter
    Down

and the End is cut in half with a chunk missing!! eeek

So most of the problems appear to be in part I of the recording - but I won't know 100% until I have listened through properly.

Hope you enjoy despite the skips.

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,483
    tremors wrote:
    tremors wrote:

No need to apologize! I appreciate your efforts here. As far as I know, the version The Rob's been playing on the non-Sirius PJ Radio is different from all of the other audience recordings circulating. So, if the version on Sirius PJ Radio is the same, then you are the first to try and get a recording of it.
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

No need to apologize! I appreciate your efforts here. As far as I know, the version The Rob's been playing on the non-Sirius PJ Radio is different from all of the other audience recordings circulating. So, if the version on Sirius PJ Radio is the same, then you are the first to try and get a recording of it.

That's cool. Thanks for the message.

I didn't get on so smoothly with last night's show, but it is still completely listenable (link on previous page). I believe The Rob intends to broadcast these shows again, and hopefully before too long, so maybe we will be able to get a better rip next time around, or somebody else out there in internet land has recorded night two?? Is frustrating though, since I think the quality of last night's broadcast recording was even better than night one. I don't know why my connection was so bad last night - the only difference I can think of between recording last night and thursday night was that last night was a friday night, so maybe there were more people on the network - although knowing next to nothing about how broadband works I have absolutely no idea if this would be a factor. The recording of Night 2's broadcast is not half bad - but is a shame because night one seemed to pass off flawlessly.

• Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    tremors wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    tremors wrote:

Back soon!!

Here is what I ripped / recorded from tonight's radio show online- again at 320kbs MP3.

Part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?v0ncc3s3l0yp5h3
    Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?3gqaq9amq3y5z23

I believe these songs were completely unaffected:

Other Side
    Walk With Me
    Lukin
    Just Breathe
    Black
    Elderly Woman

These songs each have one skip

Daughter
    Down

and the End is cut in half with a chunk missing!! eeek

So most of the problems appear to be in part I of the recording - but I won't know 100% until I have listened through properly.

Hope you enjoy despite the skips.

Thanks.
  • Options
    ;)

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Wow incredible news to hear about these soundboard tracks, was it just Night 2?

Did you record FLACs?
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:

Did you record FLACs?

We don't think they were soundboards necessarily - maybe just very good audience recordings that The Rob played on Sirius radio on Thursday & Friday. I expect they will repeated as a scheduled broadcast, but no idea when. I just ripped them from my soundcard at 320kbs MP3, from the onlline player. I don't know what bitrate the player is - probably less than that - but less room for dilution. I expect there may be better ways to record Sirius radio, but this is the best I can do! :D Night one proved a flawless MP3 recording of the broadcast, whereas unfortunately night 2 I lost connection a few times, and as a result there are a couple of 'skips' and 'The End is cut in half - and I ended up with two MP3s - I don't have the time to edit this into individual tracks I'm afraid, but norm kindly did this for night 1. I will include the links below. Maybe the OP could put norm's Night 1s edited upload on the front page?

Edit, I may have one more try at ripping the night 2 of the bridge from PJ radio tonight - to see if it turns out any better. After that I'm done for now.

Edit 2: It obviously wasn't meant to be - the clocks changed here today, and for some reason I had it in my head that PJ radio would be playing Night 1 then Night 2 - so I missed hearing all the bits that were problematic on the last rip. I'm obviously not the most reliable taper! Am gonna give up on it now, since it is quite stressful when it goes wrong and can spoil my enjoyment of the music!
    ________________________________________________________________________________________

PEARL JAM ripped from Sirius Radio broadcast online player

Bridge School Benefit 2010, Night 1 (Split into tracks MP3 @320kbs)

Bridge School Benefit 2010, Night 2 (2 x single mp3s @320kbs - not split into tracks - The End interrupted half way through)
    Part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?v0ncc3s3l0yp5h3 (Daughter - The End)
    Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?3gqaq9amq3y5z23 (The End - Elderly Woman)

• Options
    My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 926
    tremors wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

Did you record FLACs?

We don't think they were soundboards necessarily - maybe just very good audience recordings that The Rob played on Sirius radio on Thursday & Friday. I expect they will repeated as a scheduled broadcast, but no idea when. I just ripped them from my soundcard at 320kbs MP3, from the onlline player. I don't know what bitrate the player is - probably less than that - but less room for dilution. I expect there may be better ways to record Sirius radio, but this is the best I can do! :D Night one proved a flawless MP3 recording of the broadcast, whereas unfortunately night 2 I lost connection a few times, and as a result there are a couple of 'skips' and 'The End is cut in half - and I ended up with two MP3s - I don't have the time to edit this into individual tracks I'm afraid, but norm kindly did this for night 1. I will include the links below. Maybe the OP could put norm's Night 1s edited upload on the front page?

Edit, I may have one more try at ripping the night 2 of the bridge from PJ radio tonight - to see if it turns out any better. After that I'm done for now.

Edit 2: It obviously wasn't meant to be - the clocks changed here today, and for some reason I had it in my head that PJ radio would be playing Night 1 then Night 2 - so I missed hearing all the bits that were problematic on the last rip. I'm obviously not the most reliable taper! Am gonna give up on it now, since it is quite stressful when it goes wrong and can spoil my enjoyment of the music!
    ________________________________________________________________________________________

PEARL JAM ripped from Sirius Radio broadcast online player

Bridge School Benefit 2010, Night 1 (Split into tracks MP3 @320kbs)

Bridge School Benefit 2010, Night 2 (2 x single mp3s @320kbs - not split into tracks - The End interrupted half way through)
    Part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?v0ncc3s3l0yp5h3 (Daughter - The End)
    Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?3gqaq9amq3y5z23 (The End - Elderly Woman)

Page 1 updated! Thanks tremors!!
  • Options
    My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 926
    Page 1 also updated with second audience source. This may be the same source as D posted a page or two back. Not sure. Nights 1 and 2 are bundled together as disc1 and disc 2. FLAC and MP3 posted.

source info:
    103 Sunday

Source: Schoeps MK4 microphones>Nbox>Edirol R-09>Soundforge for slight editing
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    thank you for uploading these. they sound great. What was used to record these? They aren't soundboard, but Damn good. Thank you, thank you, thank you. :D
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    red mos wrote:
    thank you for uploading these. they sound great. What was used to record these? They aren't soundboard, but Damn good. Thank you, thank you, thank you. :D

We don't know the source of the Sirius radio broadcast recordings. I agree they are very good. We could ask The Rob in one of his threads. I just ripped them from the Sirius online player using some standard mp3 ripper.

• Options
    Do we have a good version of the sirius broadcast for the 2nd night that is split into tracks like someone did for night 1?
  • Options
    Do we have a good version of the sirius broadcast for the 2nd night that is split into tracks like someone did for night 1?

I'm not very good at splitting them up - gives me headache. Norm did this for night 1. Problem is it wasn't a good rip for night 2, few skips and 'The End' sliced in two with a bit missing. I was hoping another recording would surface. I'll have a look at the schedules and see if there is another broadcast coming up. Would be nice to get a clean rip.

• Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,093
    Technical help needed please :oops: !!

I've downloaded night 2 Ok but when I try to extract from Winrar I get error message

"The parameter is incorrect" and
    "the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect" - I looked up this one on the net and it says its because files have been 'packed' in a different language or system, but I can get round it by renaming the files - but when I try right clicking a file to rename it I get another box up (which I can't describe as I'm at work and files are on home PC)

Anyone else get this problem?, any help would be ace!! :thumbup:
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    Chazz wrote:

I've downloaded night 2 Ok but when I try to extract from Winrar I get error message

"the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect" - I looked up this one on the net and it says its because files have been 'packed' in a different language or system, but I can get round it by renaming the files - but when I try right clicking a file to rename it I get another box up (which I can't describe as I'm at work and files are on home PC)

Not sure - try downloading a different 'rar' file and see if that works OK. It may be you or it may be the file. Winrar is a bit temperamental I find, sometimes you just need to make sure you click in the right place (the 'top level' of the directory, to extract from) - this is impossible for me to describe however - try a few files to make sure you are doing it right.

Edit: Night 2 from Sirius radio is simply a single mp3 file. If that is what you have, then you just need itunes, not winrar!

• Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,093
    tremors wrote:
    Chazz wrote:

Not sure - try downloading a different 'rar' file and see if that works OK. It may be you or it may be the file. Winrar is a bit temperamental I find, sometimes you just need to make sure you click in the right place (the 'top level' of the directory, to extract from) - this is impossible for me to describe however - try a few files to make sure you are doing it right.

Edit: Night 2 from Sirius radio is simply a single mp3 file. If that is what you have, then you just need itunes, not winrar!

Thanks I'll have another look at home tonight, the files play fine 'inside' winrar, but I just can't extract them - I used the FLAC link below

FLAC http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V0B3OXP9
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22