Options

Can't figure out where I got my Pearl Jam Bootlegs in 1993

voorsonvoorson Posts: 7
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I just found a tape cassette in my garage with a live PJ album from 1993. I have no memory of where I got that tape. Did the sell bootlegs back then?

Just trying to figure it out

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Got my old boot's at a shop called Uncle Sam's....
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    HopperHopper Posts: 203
    The Discount Den in Morgantown, WV???

nothing like buying a shitty quality $30 bootleg!

i loved that place.....
    "To be the man, you gotta beat the man! WOOOOOOOOO!!"
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    4000 Holes and Rockin' Rudy's baby!!!
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    jecicajecica Posts: 954
    I got my Seattle 93 cassette boot from a car show vendor in Rhode Island. Problem is, I can't get it to mp3 format without it sounding like static crap.
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,687
    But after first listen these boots sound like shit. Im just comparing it to past boots and they sound like they were mixed by a rookie or something. Im not gunna demand my money back or stop loving pj but I just wont buy any more from this tour. The quality is not top notch. I was at MSG2 and the boot does not give it justice. Its ok, I can voice my opinion and still be a good fan. The boot sound sucks.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    All of our boots from that era sound awful, but it was pretty much what was available at the time. Kind of like what we personally taped on our little recorder. :D There were no "official" boots available then. We got several cd's from local independent record stores and actually paid quite a bit for them. Some of the ones from Italy weren't that bad though. The internet has done wonders for boots! :) There were always quality tapers but no real way to distribute them. ;)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I used to buy mine at a place called Mainstream Music Store. All the bootlegs were in the back in the Metal Shop. lol
  • Options
    lephtylephty Posts: 770
    flea markets always had bootleg vendors. i got PJ Covering Themselves probably more than 10 years ago now that i think about it.
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    I used to drive 20 miles on borrowed gas to get these bootlegs....no wI bitch when they don't downloadd fast enough ;)
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    I used to get all of mine at a shop called Almost Live. I remember paying a pretty penny for them back then. Quality was garbage on most but I was happy to have them. I was in that place all the time and they used to let me preview some of the boots before I bought them.
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 856
    Hopper wrote:
    The Discount Den in Morgantown, WV???

nothing like buying a shitty quality $30 bootleg!

i loved that place.....

Holy hell, the DEN!!

Spent a good chunk of change there from 92-96. :D

I still stop in every once in a while when I'm up there, their music selection isn't half of what it used to be though. The place looks like they sell more incense than anything now. :(
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    release30 wrote:
    Got my old boot's at a shop called Uncle Sam's....
    hey, I've been there- the one in Lauderdale or Pompano????? Are they still open?

Edit: I guess they are, they have a myspace page

http://www.myspace.com/unclesamsmusic
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I used to go to the local record store and they would have them under the counter. I was known as Pearl Jam Mike and they always would pull out the selections for me. They ran $30 a pop and the quality varied from one to the next.
    #FHP
  • Options
    prince119prince119 Posts: 104
    4000 holes at 3 different locations over the years.........Love ya Bob!!!
  • Options
    Left PorchLeft Porch Posts: 837
    Listening Material, which is now a dry cleaners I think. Gotta miss independent music stores.
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    Wrigley. Brooklyn 2. Hartford. 2013
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Global Citizens Festival. 2015
    MSG 2. Fenway 2. Wrigley 1. 2016
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,924
    ah, taz records here in halifax, nova scotia. i must of spent a fortune buying all those unofficial pearl jam bootlegs over the year's.

think there was a torrent out there year's back where i torrented all my collection via mp3 style. i also have them all backed up via shn, data dvd style.

but .. ah the memories of spending 30 bucks a pop on a single disc, and 60+ on 2 discs.

ah the year's ...