Options

Australian Tour

matt.ormematt.orme Posts: 11
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Can we get a tour down here, rather than waiting for a world tour again please. A members only gig in Brisbanes Tivoli Theatre would be nice !!
"Into the Wild' is awesome too. It would have been nice to hear a cameo from Mike, or at least of had Ed plug it in once.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    no.

you just had one.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    no 10 club only gigs
    some of us dont feel the need to get xmas pressies from the band, so why should we miss out
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    dunkman wrote:
    no.

you just had one.

yeah, and i was over there, now i am back here, i would like another aussie tour!!
    besides, you have had one more recently than us poor folk over here!
    now go jump in a freezing loch and maybe you will see the light and head somewhere warmer, where pj like to tour! :p
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    no 10 club only gigs
    some of us dont feel the need to get xmas pressies from the band, so why should we miss out

but then why should members miss out because you wont pay $20 for a yearly membership? :confused:

joining the club has a ticket benefit... either join or you dont have the right to moan when it comes to having 10club only shows.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    besides, you have had one more recently than us poor folk over here!
    now go jump in a freezing loch and maybe you will see the light and head somewhere warmer, where pj like to tour! :p

pj havent played in Scotland since 2000

:p
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I would not oppose an Australian tour. Infact I would endorse it. AMd could you imagine a members only gig at Sydney opera house????

I got a little excited by this thread, because it is tuesday night here, and I was just hoping this was a sticky, but still, It is nice to dream.....
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    sydney opera house would be a mad gig too, i would probably come down to that after the tivoli.....mmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    keep dreaming.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    dunkman wrote:
    pj havent played in Scotland since 2000

:p

that is coz they don't like being flashed by hairy men in kilts!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    matt.orme wrote:
    sydney opera house would be a mad gig too, i would probably come down to that after the tivoli.....mmmmmmmmm
    That you said PROBABLY should disqualify you from attending any 10c-only show, ever.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    pffft. fanclub show is at the melbourne forum ;-)
    I went to the concert
    And I fought through the crowd
    Guess I got a little too excited
    When I thought you were around
  • Options
    A skin and Bones type show....
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    jessejesse Posts: 170
    we've included us on the last two tours so i wouldnt expect to see them next tour and plus sydney's church like reaction to them wont help either
  • Options
    jesse wrote:
    we've included us on the last two tours so i wouldnt expect to see them next tour and plus sydney's church like reaction to them wont help either

They will be here. I will put my house on it. Maybe not my house, but you get the picture.

I would question 3 concerts in sydney though the 3rd got us back in the good books.

Plus I am probably wrong, but I reckon the reason why they didn't tour oz in 00 was because of what happened in Denmark. Or maybe not. I just read somethibg that said they toured the U.S after the Denmark incident.

So in closing, Pearl Jam WILL tour Australia......
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    memebrs pay to get access to better tickets-
    I line up overnight and get mine the hardcore way.
    members pay to get xmas singles
    good luck to them
    members pay to get access to cool stuff that members Always get access to before everyone else
    Good luck to you
    I have been a fan since 93, I have bought all albums and singles etc released in the standard way and every boot of everyshow Ive been to as well as a couple of extras ( recomended BY MR). I have never joined a fan club.
    10 club gives its members a hell of a lot. BUT MOST OF YOU JUST WHINE about what you dont get for a lousy $20 bucks a year.
    then you want fan only shows. NAH stuff yas. I deserve to be there as much as somebody who pays 20 a year. And I hope that ED being the hardcore music lover wont bend over to those who only join to reap the FAN benifits.
    MUSIC FOR ALL. dont be a hog
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    pjfan31 wrote:
    They will be here. I will put my house on it. Maybe not my house, but you get the picture.

how long is this bet open for?

pjfan31 wrote:

yeh i think they will.. but not for a long time.
  • Options
    memebrs pay to get access to better tickets-
    I line up overnight and get mine the hardcore way.

good on ya for being hardcore. i like to sleep in and get better seats for my $25. ;)

actually.. i also like to log into ticketek.com.au at 8:50AM on the day of release and get tickets online. sleeping over night is so last century. :)
  • Options
    pjfan31 wrote:

put my house on it.. not really mine anyway ;) they'll be here...

:D
    wah
  • Options
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Plus I am probably wrong, but I reckon the reason why they didn't tour oz in 00 was because of what happened in Denmark. Or maybe not. I just read somethibg that said they toured the U.S after the Denmark incident.

'00 was never on the cards. You're thinking of the interviews with Ken West and Vivian Lees who said they went to Roskilde in '00 and were going to be locking PJ into doing the '01 BDOs until the accident happened.

I'm gonna move away from this country so it costs less to travel to a PJ show. Or 20. If you don't think I'm serious, you don't know me. I'd be locking in plans for Bonnaroo if
    a) I'll have just enough money to squeeze it in (I actually will, but it'll be way too tight for my comfort)
    b) another 3 days of annual leave by then

Can't be arsed to give up this job just yet and switch to something else in Sydney when I know I'll wrap it up at the end of the year so I can bugger off to the promised land.
  • Options
    As i have said a trillion times before..we DEFINTILEY have to have some live PJ once again in Aus...I am frothing at the mouth at the mere thought of seeing em live once again...can't get enough!!!

Being a 10c member, I would also love the opportunity for all us Aus 10c members to have some one off members only shows..how cool would that be..I mean we pay our $25 a year so i can only hope & pray..But an Aus tour would totally top off my year, I guess we will all just have to wait with baited breath huh for any tour announcements

FINGERS CROSSED XXXX :)
  • Options
    put my house on it.. not really mine anyway ;) they'll be here...

:D

Well I have quarter shares in two houses. So thats worth like 300, 000 to me, so I won't put them up. They will tour oz for there next album. I feel it in my fingers, i feel it in my toes.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I think when they come next they will headline the BDO festival... just my feeling they have been up and playing festivals now for a few years again.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    good on ya for being hardcore. i like to sleep in and get better seats for my $25. ;)

actually.. i also like to log into ticketek.com.au at 8:50AM on the day of release and get tickets online. sleeping over night is so last century. :)

I take pride in being very last century then. nothing like talking to others who are as keen as myself. and sorry My tickets for both sydney 1 and Newcastle were as good if not better than some 10 club seats ( that info from posts here and talking to 10 clubbers on the nights)
    I reckon it should stand that you get your great seats. thats only fair, but blocking those of us who arnt in 10 club would be alienating a lot. and would be unfair. maybe a show where you can buy tickets through ten club would be ok. I can see and agree that a venue filled with only those who are hardcore fans would be great. block out the general public.
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    I really hope they don't do the Big Day Out, that festival sucks so much. They majority of people who go are just tourists. I want a stand alone tour late 08 or early 09.
    Ben, the two of us need look no more

Nothing changes...torture then reward
    torture then reward...torture then reward,
    follows torture...follows reward....

• Options
    yeah No way for BDO. just what you would need a bunch of fools tripping on E's. what fun.
    dedicated shows for the band would be much better.
    I think we wont see a tour untill next year. at the newy show in 06 ed said that the show would be called the TRIannual Mark Richards Invitational
    thats 3 years between shows. so next year going by what ed says
    But really ed says a lot of stuff
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    PJ at the BDO...As much as i am completley OVER the BDO (Been to 6 of em) I would go just to see PJ play, although I would much rather see them doing their own gigs, cause at least then u don't have to wait right up until the end of the night and ALL the other bands throughout the day to see what u came for...

I'm sorry if that sounds dumb, but i am SOOO over the whole festival Thing, although i did watch a BDO Doco on channel V where Ken West said that they had wanted PJ to headline a couple of years back..but they pulled out cause of Roskilde...I guess we shoull all just wait and see huh! :)
  • Options
    The only good thing if they play BDO is if they play a side show in some little club...;)
  • Options
    I wouldnt be against them doing BDO. Anything to bring them to the country, they would have to do some other stuff.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    Fuck the BDO. I am by no means against festivals,but BDO is so jam packed fully of idiot 15 year olds it's not funny.

Give me Falls, give me Splendor.

I'd still go, but I'm gonna fucking punch out any 15 year old emo tool who gets in my way of enjoying PJ
  • Options
    PJ playing the BDO would be like gettin a bad blow job.