Options

Vitalogy Vinyl

pjstarrpjstarr Posts: 270
edited August 2008 in The Porch
I just added to my PJ vinyl collection a piece that I didn't have, Vitalogy.
I got two one opened and one sealed from 94' for 33.00 I think I made out ok, what does anyone think? I like having two so I can listen to one whenever I get a damn record player.
"I think this is the coldest red wine I've ever had"
E.V- Ice Bowl, Alpine Valley 2000

Alpine Valley 6 -27-98 Palace 10-7-00 Alpine Valley 10-8-00
Shoreline 6-1-03 DTE 6-25-03 DTE 6-26-03
Pepsi Center 7-2-06 Pepsi Center 7-3-06
Riverside Theater E.V solo 8-19-08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NewDamageNewDamage Posts: 1,913
    jjstarr wrote:
    I got two one opened and one sealed from 94' for 33.00 I think I made out ok, what does anyone think? I like having two so I can listen to one whenever I get a damn record player.

$33 for the both? You did quite well my friend. I've seen sealed copies on ebay go for more than that alone, not that Vitalogy is all that rare. Find me a "Binaural" for that cheap! That's all I am missing!
    I am lost, I'm no guide. But I'm by your side...

8/25/92, 10/4/96, 10/5/96, 9/1/98, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/16/08
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,018
    both for $33? nice!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    I do the same thing, I own multiple copies of all studios sans Yield.
    I will be honest, I have never opened any of my copies of No Code and Yield

I do however spin the rest of my collection quite often.

My mom gave me a bunch of vinyl when I returned home from College...she had some hendrix, and zep..tons of beatles and really opened me to vinyl.

I worked in NYC for 8 years following college and raided the best record shops I have ever seen.....bruce, and the who, you name it....

Love the sound that needle makes...I think it warms the music...makes it feel real....

Viva La Vinyl
    Too many young males beleive that manhood is defined by the ability to injure a man, rather than helping one.

There are two kinds of women in this world....one that will give you strength....the other will take it away.....
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,948
    ive ordered sealed RIOT ACT, NO CODE AND YIELD. it was nice to rip into a 10 yr old record and play for the first time.....if you are never gonna sell it, why keep it sealed is my line of thought. they are my records forever!

but ya, you scored for 33 bucks!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    pjstarrpjstarr Posts: 270
    ive ordered sealed RIOT ACT, NO CODE AND YIELD. it was nice to rip into a 10 yr old record and play for the first time.....if you are never gonna sell it, why keep it sealed is my line of thought. they are my records forever!

but ya, you scored for 33 bucks!

good point, and thanks everyone else for all the other input, I thought I scored decently. I know it's a less rare album but I needed it to add to the collection and the price seemed right.
    "I think this is the coldest red wine I've ever had"
    E.V- Ice Bowl, Alpine Valley 2000

Alpine Valley 6 -27-98 Palace 10-7-00 Alpine Valley 10-8-00
    Shoreline 6-1-03 DTE 6-25-03 DTE 6-26-03
    Pepsi Center 7-2-06 Pepsi Center 7-3-06
    Riverside Theater E.V solo 8-19-08
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    jjstarr wrote:
    The Vitalogy vinyl is the first one i ever got. It was a gift and i love it!!!! After all these years, i just opened it a few months ago!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!