Options

a Live 'Vs.'

13»

Comments

• Options
    tremors wrote:

Thanks, great stuff!

Am just listening thru properly now and agree the other dissident doesn't work as well as Atlanta, cos it is too 'flat'. I haven't got to my alternative indifference yet... ;)

I have a possible title tho!

'Turpentine & Nepotism: Vs. Live'

'Turpentine & Nepotism: Vs. Live' I like it, and our final version will definitely need a title. If you don't mind me asking... Where did you come up with that?
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    tremors wrote:

Thanks, great stuff!

Am just listening thru properly now and agree the other dissident doesn't work as well as Atlanta, cos it is too 'flat'. I haven't got to my alternative indifference yet... ;)

I have a possible title tho!

'Turpentine & Nepotism: Vs. Live'

'Turpentine & Nepotism: Vs. Live' I like it, and our final version will definitely need a title. If you don't mind me asking... Where did you come up with that?

Morning Cameron4president!

I have to say this is seriously good stuff!! I think the collection is almost perfect now, and definitely does work as an 'album' in its own right. Well done!

The one change which I think would make it perfect now, so I hope you might consider it, is fading out with the Indio Indifference. Have a listen to the two versions side by side and at the end of the whole thing. I think the indio indifference is easily good enough sound quality to follow our leash, and I think the performance is far better, far moodier than atlanta's. See what you think. I think this would round things off perectly now. Maybe just needs a tiny 'pause' before going into this.

'Turpentine and Nepotism' I got from chopping up ed's snl daughter tag, just before the neil young stuff. I imagine these lines are a tiny bit of improv. He sounds a bit jim morrison here!!

Well done mate, most excellent collection!
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

I have to say this is seriously good stuff!! I think the collection is almost perfect now, and definitely does work as an 'album' in its own right. Well done!

The one change which I think would make it perfect now, so I hope you might consider it, is fading out with the Indio Indifference. Have a listen to the two versions side by side and at the end of the whole thing. I think the indio indifference is easily good enough sound quality to follow our leash, and I think the performance is far better, far moodier than atlanta's. See what you think. I think this would round things off perectly now. Maybe just needs a tiny 'pause' before going into this.

'Turpentine and Nepotism' I got from chopping up ed's snl daughter tag, just before the neil young stuff. I imagine these lines are a tiny bit of improv. He sounds a bit jim morrison here!!

I will add it to the mix today. You are right, it does sound very good, perhaps one of the best versions ever of "Indifference".
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

I will add it to the mix today. You are right, it does sound very good, perhaps one of the best versions ever of "Indifference".

Brilliant - I'm pleased!! Yes I have been listening to the two versions and keep thinking how the Indio Indifference is one of the best performances I've ever heard. I think it's a great collection now. Definitely 'listenable' on loud and on repeat, as the Backspacer one is too I'm finding.

What do you want to do about any 'bonus material'? - a new disc or a few new songs on the end of this one, or none at all? I think this one works perfectly as it stands really - whereas Backspacer is a little short. I'll be guided by you on this - am also thinking that when we get this one finally wrapped up - maybe we should have a pause to take stock, listen to the two we've managed to produce, and think about how to best proceed with the others. ie - have a rest!!

:lol:

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    tremors wrote:

Brilliant - I'm pleased!! Yes I have been listening to the two versions and keep thinking how the Indio Indifference is one of the best performances I've ever heard. I think it's a great collection now. Definitely 'listenable' on loud and on repeat, as the Backspacer one is too I'm finding.

What do you want to do about any 'bonus material'? - a new disc or a few new songs on the end of this one, or none at all? I think this one works perfectly as it stands really - whereas Backspacer is a little short. I'll be guided by you on this - am also thinking that when we get this one finally wrapped up - maybe we should have a pause to take stock, listen to the two we've managed to produce, and think about how to best proceed with the others. ie - have a rest!!

Version 2 - Revised with Indio Ending
    http://rearviewmirrorbootlegs.blogspot. ... ion-2.html

I think that the bonus material for our final version should be:
    Angel
    Sonic
    Free World

PS - I couldn't do much w/ the beginning of Indifference - Sorry :cry:
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

Version 2 - Revised with Indio Ending
    http://rearviewmirrorbootlegs.blogspot. ... ion-2.html

I think that the bonus material for our final version should be:
    Angel
    Sonic
    Free World

PS - I couldn't do much w/ the beginning of Indifference - Sorry :cry:

Briiliant work! Will download when I get home

Thanks so much for all the time and attention you've put into these projects cam4pres, I think we've come up with another kick ass mix that hopefully others will enjoy too.

Those extra tracks sound great. Do you have ideas on which versions to use?

• Options
    tremors wrote:

Thanks so much for all the time and attention you've put into these projects cam4pres, I think we've come up with another kick ass mix that hopefully others will enjoy too.

Angel - Bridge School '92
    Sonic - Rotterdam or Atlanta
    Free World - '93 MTV Music Awards
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

Sounds great - I might wait until you put them up, my brain gets a bit too clouded doing all this downloading etc - you're more neat! No hurry though, am currently enjoying Version 2 immensely.

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    tremors wrote:

Sounds great - I might wait until you put them up, my brain gets a bit too clouded doing all this downloading etc - you're more neat! No hurry though, am currently enjoying Version 2 immensely.

"Turpentine & Nepotism: Vs. Live" (Version 3) should be ready tomorrow. I will PM you with the link so that you can download it first and let me know what you think of the bonus tracks added to the existing set up. If it meets your approval and you think its ready, then we will release it to the wild. Thanks for all of your help, Indio turned out to be a great suggestion.
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

"Turpentine & Nepotism: Vs. Live" (Version 3) should be ready tomorrow. I will PM you with the link so that you can download it first and let me know what you think of the bonus tracks added to the existing set up. If it meets your approval and you think its ready, then we will release it to the wild. Thanks for all of your help, Indio turned out to be a great suggestion.

Thanks, makes sense. We've made a good team I think, cos we each focus on different elements of the music. You obviously care a lot about your Pearl Jam, which is always nice!! Even if nobody else likes it - the two of us have some scintillating mixes for our ipods :lol:

I'm aiming to record the Bridge school tomorrow from Sirius radio onto 320kbs MP3 - but I don't know what the rules are for sharing these yet. If I pick up that it's cool, then maybe you could put them on your blog.

Thanks for pulling this all together - you've been exactly what this idea needed. I think we've produced some shit hot mixes through this process, and we're still on speaking terms - so not a bad achievement! Most grateful. You've done most of the work - and the song selections you made - Leash, etc, were all bang on the money. You were right - Atlanta does work as the backbone of the thing. It's a pretty intense mix overall.

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    Thanks, makes sense. We've made a good team I think, cos we each focus on different elements of the music. You obviously care a lot about your Pearl Jam, which is always nice!! Even if nobody else likes it - the two of us have some scintillating mixes for our ipods :lol:

I'm aiming to record the Bridge school tomorrow from Sirius radio onto 320kbs MP3 - but I don't know what the rules are for sharing these yet. If I pick up that it's cool, then maybe you could put them on your blog.

Thanks for pulling this all together - you've been exactly what this idea needed. I think we've produced some shit hot mixes through this process, and we're still on speaking terms - so not a bad achievement! Most grateful. You've done most of the work - and the song selections you made - Leash, etc, were all bang on the money. You were right - Atlanta does work as the backbone of the thing. It's a pretty intense mix overall.

This has been a lot of fun, and you're right "Even if nobody else likes it - the two of us have some scintillating mixes for our ipods". My ipod has benefited from having a couple of great new playlists.

Is the Bridge School going to be Soundboard? I have a decent copy of the 24th, but I would love a SB copy if you don't mind sending me a link after you record it.

Thanks for helping me out with these projects, I couldn't have done them without you. I have a few other projects in mind that I will PM to you sometime tomorrow or Friday. One is real easy and almost complete, the second one would take us about as much time as the last two have, and the third one would take quite a while.
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

This has been a lot of fun, and you're right "Even if nobody else likes it - the two of us have some scintillating mixes for our ipods". My ipod has benefited from having a couple of great new playlists.

Is the Bridge School going to be Soundboard? I have a decent copy of the 24th, but I would love a SB copy if you don't mind sending me a link after you record it.

Thanks for helping me out with these projects, I couldn't have done them without you. I have a few other projects in mind that I will PM to you sometime tomorrow or Friday. One is real easy and almost complete, the second one would take us about as much time as the last two have, and the third one would take quite a while.

:thumbup: PM sent

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    tremors wrote:

:thumbup: PM sent

PM sent back to you, we are almost there!!
  • Options
  • Options

Great stuff! Great work.

Link now added to first post.

• Options
    Bump - In case if anybody missed this earlier in the week and still would like a copy.

Turpentine & Nepotism: Vs. Live
    http://rearviewmirrorbootlegs.blogspot. ... ion-3.html