Options

Who Will Be The First To.....

pjstarrpjstarr Posts: 269
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Who will be the first to be unappreciative of the show/shows at the Garden? Who will be the first to bitch that Pearl Jam didn't play all 30 songs that they had on there "Wishlist"? Who will it be? After all these epic shows and somebody surely after every show saying it was the worst setlist of the tour; Who will be the first and the rest that will forget how lucky they were to see the greatest band on Earth? Who are Who? Who you are?
"I think this is the coldest red wine I've ever had"
E.V- Ice Bowl, Alpine Valley 2000

Alpine Valley 6 -27-98 Palace 10-7-00 Alpine Valley 10-8-00
Shoreline 6-1-03 DTE 6-25-03 DTE 6-26-03
Pepsi Center 7-2-06 Pepsi Center 7-3-06
Riverside Theater E.V solo 8-19-08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,736
    The setlists at the MSG '08 shows were average, at best.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    FrankieJFrankieJ Posts: 602
    After all this hype, I'm hoping they are gonna play 3+ hours with tons of great songs, but... If they don't, there probably will be alot of upset fans.

I am so lucky I got tickets, so I'll be happy with a normal set.
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS
    7/14/03-PNC NJ ~ 6/1/06-CAA1 NJ ~ 6/3/06-CAA2 NJ ~ 8/5/07-Lolla IL ~ 6/24/08-MSG1 ~ 6/25/08-MSG2 ~ 8/7/08-NJPAC (eV Solo)

"I'm feeling kinda righteous right now...with my Bad@$$-M0therf*ck!n'-Ukulele!"
    -eV 8/7
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,348
    me....because I wont be there :(
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    Only 3 hours and 45 minutes played for MSG II 08!!!!

I have too say, I felt kind of cheated.

They could have at least played Dirty Frank during the 3rd encore instead of playing it during the 1st.

But you know what really ticked me off about Wednesdays show???? RITFW and then Baba O' Reily, come on end the show on a high note for christs sake!!!!
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    u can bet your life somebody will
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    what was that otherside song that everyone was going crazy about? An RHCP cover? Cmon... I wanna hear Pearl Jam... play Jeremy for fuck sake.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,078
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    u can bet your life somebody will

i'm taking odds now..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    I'd just be happy to be there :o:(
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    At MSG1, it was pretty cool when Ed took that blow up doll from the guy in the 3rd row and started to dance with it, but I swear he seemed distracted by it the rest of the night and his singing was just awful because of it.

Also at MSG2, it seemed like they cut down Mike's solos on almost every song...why? Just so they could play MORE songs with no solos? I get it that people complained about the short setlist for MSG1 on Tuesday, but guys, really.

But seriously...F THE COMPLAINERS! JUST ENJOY THE SHOW!!!
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • Options
    P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312
    I just think the hype is too much. People are expecting an orgasmic experience, and the actual show just can't live up to their expectations. MSG will get pretty much the same shows that have been played so far. PJ are not going to do anything way out of the ordinary from the type of shows so far on this tour. I think that is great. The shows have been fantastic, just don't build MSG up so high it can never live up to your expectations. Go in with lower expectations and then be blown away.
    Hope this helps
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    The way people bitch and complain on this board, there will be some.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • Options
    whoYOUarewhoYOUare Posts: 274
    jjstarr wrote:
    Who will be the first to be unappreciative of the show/shows at the Garden? Who will be the first to bitch that Pearl Jam didn't play all 30 songs that they had on there "Wishlist"? Who will it be? After all these epic shows and somebody surely after every show saying it was the worst setlist of the tour; Who will be the first and the rest that will forget how lucky they were to see the greatest band on Earth? Who are Who? Who you are?
    why start a thread like this?
    peace
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I'd just be happy to be there :o:(

quoted
  • Options
    whoYOUare wrote:
    why start a thread like this?
    Just curious who the first of many ungrateful people that will complain. I know i'm wasting my breath but maybe I could enlighten someone and maybe just maybe they will realize how lucky they are. All Hail the Lucky ones! Its tough being a couple thousand miles away from the shows watching the setlist unfold online or watching a 45 second clip from Spin Magazine and being very excited for the showgoers to see all of these epic concerts, only to have to weed through the "worst setlist of the tour" people. I know what your gonna say and yes people have the right to complain but damnit realize that you are lucky enough to be alive let alone see the greatest band on Earth play in front of you.

• Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    Some people are never happy. Unless PJ plays a private concert for them and Ed gives them a lap dance, while Stone has "wardrobe problems" they will bitch and complain. The first one that does it tomorrow I'm messing with them (even though I'm not going to the show.)
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Now Way Msg Or Any Show Can Top Camden 1. Sorry.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    whoYOUarewhoYOUare Posts: 274
    jjstarr wrote:
    Just curious who the first of many ungrateful people that will complain. I know i'm wasting my breath but maybe I could enlighten someone and maybe just maybe they will realize how lucky they are. All Hail the Lucky ones! Its tough being a couple thousand miles away from the shows watching the setlist unfold online or watching a 45 second clip from Spin Magazine and being very excited for the showgoers to see all of these epic concerts, only to have to weed through the "worst setlist of the tour" people. I know what your gonna say and yes people have the right to complain but damnit realize that you are lucky enough to be alive let alone see the greatest band on Earth play in front of you.

i understand that this will go on, it just seems a bit silly to call it out. i do my best to ignore all the negativity that goes on here, and I am not trying to call you out, or saying you are being negative, its just odd to me.
    I feel like this board has gotten increasingly more negative over the last few years and it kinda deters me from reading and posting here. maybe I have changed over that time, but gone are the days of post after post of people genuinely loving everything that goes on here. not that everything should be loved, but why b!tch about things we have no control over? the thing about this band is that they really do try to do what is best for us fans, and a lot of times we take it for granted and/or complain about the most innate details.
    I honestly dont care if I am in the front row or on the lawn for this weekends shows, because for me I am happy enough to be there listening to what you describe as "the greatest band on Earth" (which i happen to agree with).
    I dunno, sorry for the rant, it just bothers me that some people are too caught up in the “what have they done for me lately” and not happy about the fact that they have what they do.
    Peace, Love, & Happiness
    (and please recycle)
    peace
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    well, we now know the first negative thread concerning this-

you brought it up !

:rolleyes:
    :rolleyes:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    kh65 wrote:
    Some people are never happy. Unless PJ plays a private concert for them and Ed gives them a lap dance, while Stone has "wardrobe problems" they will bitch and complain. The first one that does it tomorrow I'm messing with them (even though I'm not going to the show.)

This sounds like fun. How do I make it happen?
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • Options
    whoYOUare wrote:
    i understand that this will go on, it just seems a bit silly to call it out. i do my best to ignore all the negativity that goes on here, and I am not trying to call you out, or saying you are being negative, its just odd to me.
    I feel like this board has gotten increasingly more negative over the last few years and it kinda deters me from reading and posting here. maybe I have changed over that time, but gone are the days of post after post of people genuinely loving everything that goes on here. not that everything should be loved, but why b!tch about things we have no control over? the thing about this band is that they really do try to do what is best for us fans, and a lot of times we take it for granted and/or complain about the most innate details.
    I honestly dont care if I am in the front row or on the lawn for this weekends shows, because for me I am happy enough to be there listening to what you describe as "the greatest band on Earth" (which i happen to agree with).
    I dunno, sorry for the rant, it just bothers me that some people are too caught up in the “what have they done for me lately” and not happy about the fact that they have what they do.
    Peace, Love, & Happiness
    (and please recycle)

I don't know why I felt compelled to Bitch about the bitchers, but I guess I was just fed up with all the negative remarks from setlists to posters to people not using proper punctuation. Maybe one less person will complain because of this, probably not but what the hell.
    Sounds like we need more fans like you around here, nice post. Cheers! By the way have a great time at the shows!

• Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    RockMama wrote:
    This sounds like fun. How do I make it happen?
    you can either start a thread about how bad the show was or egg one of them on and then we ask for their MSG II tix and watch what happens.
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    People make me laugh on here. I couldn't believe my eyes when i was reading the fanviews for the DC show and some people were saying that the setlist was bland. BLAND???? Maybe it was less spectacular than the other shows so far this year, but compared to most shows throughout the band's history it was one of the best ever.

I can't believe people could call a show bland that had:

Who You Are
    Hard To Imagine
    You Are
    Come Back *tour debut*
    U
    Evacuation *partly*
    I'm Open
    Light Years

Anyways, the people hype up certain shows waaaaaaaaay too much, so if it doesn't meet your ridiculous expectations then you only have yourselves to blame :)

Hell, PJ could play a show tonight that is basically the same as any other show so far on this tour and it'd be a stellar setlist and i'd be insanely jealous that i wasn't there!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    Now Way Msg Or Any Show Can Top Camden 1. Sorry.

Columbia my friend :)
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \