NW ohio is where i would build.

Northwest Ohio...what's there? My family is from Youngstown
    Soybean fields. Etch a scetch and dum dum suckers
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    runaway wrote:
    tinkerbell wrote:
    A work mate went over to Whistler in August - said it was epic!

As for me I would love to live in the bush in a tree house!

I love your avatar...never had a treehouse, but always wanted one...how about a really cool house with a hole in the floor...you build it around your favorite tree :D

Check this out! he.who.forgets posted this a while ago.
    http://fincabellavista.net/

And thanks I like your avatar too!!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • runawayrunaway Posts: 427
    81 wrote:
    runaway wrote:
    81 wrote:
    NW ohio is where i would build.

Northwest Ohio...what's there? My family is from Youngstown
    Soybean fields. Etch a scetch and dum dum suckers

sounds cool for kids...I am assuming you have some!! I shouldn't assume...I love soybeans
    Music is the universal language
    What's better than a cigar? Ed with a sitar
    tinkerbell wrote:
    runaway wrote:
    tinkerbell wrote:
    A work mate went over to Whistler in August - said it was epic!

As for me I would love to live in the bush in a tree house!

I love your avatar...never had a treehouse, but always wanted one...how about a really cool house with a hole in the floor...you build it around your favorite tree :D

Check this out! he.who.forgets posted this a while ago.
    http://fincabellavista.net/

And thanks I like your avatar too!!

those homes are beautiful!! we have to work real hard and we could own one, ya know? I don't know if you're married or single, but I am single and I know I could do it....jobless now, but not forever!!
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    runaway wrote:
    those homes are beautiful!! we have to work real hard and we could own one, ya know? I don't know if you're married or single, but I am single and I know I could do it....jobless now, but not forever!!

Thanks! I'm not legally married but am in spirit to my man of 15 years and have 2 kids (who would love to live in a tree house!) My house is close enough to a tree house (as we are surrounded by bush) so it will have to do for now... :)
    all you need is love, love is all you need
    tinkerbell wrote:
    runaway wrote:

Thanks! I'm not legally married but am in spirit to my man of 15 years and have 2 kids (who would love to live in a tree house!) My house is close enough to a tree house (as we are surrounded by bush) so it will have to do for now... :)

sounds very cool...atleast you are close enough to your dream home.... :D
  • LexorLexor Posts: 69
    runaway wrote:
    Lexor wrote:
    I'd have to say Southwestern Ireland. The scenery is amazing.

I have never been to Ireland, but I am Irish...my stepdad's aunt was a dancer way back...her mother was an actress in black and white movies...during war she lived in Estonia for a bit and became a dancer, anyway...she was invited to the owners house where the famous Blarney stone is....at that time they didnt' duck and kiss, just a very interesting story to me...this year she will be 100

Wow, that's a cool story. I went to Ireland this summer. I spent time in County Kerry (Cahersiveen and Killarney) in the SW and Dublin. To all the Irishmen here, your country is awesome! :D
    "I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks." -Stone
    Lexor wrote:
    runaway wrote:
    Lexor wrote:
    I'd have to say Southwestern Ireland. The scenery is amazing.

I have never been to Ireland, but I am Irish...my stepdad's aunt was a dancer way back...her mother was an actress in black and white movies...during war she lived in Estonia for a bit and became a dancer, anyway...she was invited to the owners house where the famous Blarney stone is....at that time they didnt' duck and kiss, just a very interesting story to me...this year she will be 100

Wow, that's a cool story. I went to Ireland this summer. I spent time in County Kerry (Cahersiveen and Killarney) in the SW and Dublin. To all the Irishmen here, your country is awesome! :D

Oh how I would love to go, there Prague and Italy...my three nationalites...where are you from?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,022
    if i had enough money to own a mansion itd be a solar powered cabin in the woods by a lake, a creek or some body of water, on a large tract of wilderness.
    this. wrap around porch. What comes to mind at the word mansion, not really needed. roomy and comfortable is enough. big fireplace is a must. I would think a lake. Must be in a region that experiences all 4 seasons too. At least as I know them now.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    if i had enough money to own a mansion itd be a solar powered cabin in the woods by a lake, a creek or some body of water, on a large tract of wilderness.
    this. wrap around porch. What comes to mind at the word mansion, not really needed. roomy and comfortable is enough. big fireplace is a must. I would think a lake. Must be in a region that experiences all 4 seasons too. At least as I know them now.

a big fireplace and all four seasons sounds nice...it was just a thought....ya, know...with the economy, all i know is I wouldn't buy an island in Dubauy...I'd rather donate and have a big enough house for family and friends...family I don't see too often
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    No mansion for me, thanks, I'd go for a little trailer I could tow all over North America and the dogs and I would have all kinds of adventures. Mr. Unlost would fly in to meet us as he doesn't appreciate constant PJ and audiobooks...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    runaway wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

a big fireplace and all four seasons sounds nice...it was just a thought....ya, know...with the economy, all i know is I wouldn't buy an island in Dubauy...I'd rather donate and have a big enough house for family and friends...family I don't see too often
    in that case , I could see a few out buildings for just such an occasion.

And I forgot to mention a modern real log cabin. Single story I should think with vaulted ceilings, with a big enough footprint to allow for a home office and a theater room and say 2-4 bedrooms.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    runaway wrote:

i have a problem with dubai. im not quite sure why it exists. to me, and this could be me being ignorant, i think dubai, i think shopping. and cause shopping gives me hives i see no point to dubai.
    mickeyrat wrote:

but not 4 seasons in 1 day.

i think id like the cabin to look over a lake.with a little jetty for thinking and dangling my feet in the water and for when i want to gaze up at the moon. but i will require some running water somewhere in my woods.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    mickeyrat and catefrances...those both sound nice...I have been raised in So Cal, so I am little fearful of winters...honestly....but a lake and a log cabin do sound nice to visit
  • markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,075
    17 mile drive, Monterrey, CA.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
    17 mile drive, Monterrey, CA.

is that the address?? :P :lol::lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    runaway wrote:

i have a problem with dubai. im not quite sure why it exists. to me, and this could be me being ignorant, i think dubai, i think shopping. and cause shopping gives me hives i see no point to dubai.
    mickeyrat wrote:

but not 4 seasons in 1 day.

i think id like the cabin to look over a lake.with a little jetty for thinking and dangling my feet in the water and for when i want to gaze up at the moon. but i will require some running water somewhere in my woods.
    yes to the running water. an old friends family has some land in the hills of southern Ohio, on this property is a natural spring. crisp , clear , clean water. that would also do very nicely. Oh, and some area of wetlands, marsh style. not to deep , so as to attract some avian friends, like the Great Blue Heron.

mickey will you help me build my cabin?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    RIGHT NEXT TO CATES HOUSE
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

pfft. :roll:

having someone peek over the fence is hardly anything to excite me. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

nobody said i would peek..just said i would live next to yuo

besides...you woulld be peeking over my fence
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

:lol::lol::lol:
    come on jason.. you know me.. at least you maybe think you do... do you seriously think peeking over the fence would satisfy me? 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

come on jason.. you know me.. at least you maybe think you do... do you seriously think peeking over the fence would satisfy me? 8-)

no :oops: :mrgreen:

no :oops: :mrgreen:

yeah.. i figured as much. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    mickey will you help me build my cabin?

Well, I would have, but now that I know a cell phone will be living with us... no deal!
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,267
    Pacific Coast of Chile up North where the water is warmer ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    nowhere
    i don't do mansions
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    Bora Bora, it looks so beautiful.
    Would love to visit there one day...too bad it's so damn expensive.
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    edited October 2010

I'd do the same although I already live in a log cabin. And by a remote mountain lake preferably. And I'd have a dock with a boat and kayak.
    Post edited by Jeanwah on
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Jeanwah wrote:

I'd do the same. And by a remote mountain lake preferably. And I'd have a dock with a boat and kayak.

You two stay out of my woods and away from my cabin at the high mountain lake! Seriously though, do you have any idea how many times I have used that metaphor, that image, in my writing? Someday scholars will write about ol' eyed's cabin and what he truly meant by it in all of his various works.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/