Options

Having No Halloween Plans = Depressing.

FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 972
edited October 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Last year at the Spectrum was kind of like...idk...the climax of Halloween in my lifetime. I'm only 19 too. Everyone Halloween now is gonna suck, after that epic adventure/life-changing experience last year. Oh well.

What's everyone up to this Halloween?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    NOTHING ..ITS FOR CHILDREN
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157

and i am not at all depressed about it
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Thats where the fun lies!!
    Back to tradition for us, a way too scary front porch, family and friends to hand out candy and see the little ones and some very creative big ones too Have good food and drink and tunes.
    Yes I will also fondly be remembering Halloween 09 one of very best nights of my life :D and will be sure to play some tunes in honor of it
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    Back to tradition for us, a way too scary front porch, family and friends to hand out candy and see the little ones and some very creative big ones too Have good food and drink and tunes.
    Yes I will also fondly be remembering Halloween 09 one of very best nights of my life :D and will be sure to play some tunes in honor of it
    i do not understand adults who trick or treat
    my parents made us stop trick or treating by teenage years
    in fact
    when i could drive we stole our parents' car and my two younger brothers went trick or treating in their everyday attire. they went to about 10 houses up the road.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    chadwick wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    in fact
    when i could drive we stole our parents' car and my two younger brothers went trick or treating in their everyday attire. they went to about 10 houses up the road.

its pretty sad
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    mini_tbmini_tb Posts: 420
    We'll be trick or treating with a 19 month old dressed up as Yoda. Should be fun!!
    Glorified version of a pelican
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I hate dressing up. I'm glad Australia doesn't do Halloween....although more and more people are having Halloween parties. No one really trick or treats though....just used it as an excuse to have a party and get dressed up like dicks.

I can kinda see why people like it and it would be great for kids....but dressing up for fancy dress parties etc is just way too much trouble for me. All I want to do is grab my bag, grab my esky full of beer and rock up....not have to plan it for 2 weeks in advance.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    chadwick wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    in fact
    We don't trick or treat we hand out and the parents, if they choose, dress up to have fun with their kids not to trick or treat :?
    The teens that come though many are very creative and I enjoy them as much as the little ones. Fun for all :D
    I can't imagine a Halloween not getting involved in the fun
    Manning the Fog machine is the best!
  • Options
    i like it when people leave their front porch light off.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    chadwick wrote:
    i like it when people leave their front porch light off.

that's what i do
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,250
    October 31st... :think: :idea: Oh yeah!... It's my birthday! :D We don't celebrate Halloween in Greece but now I'm doing my master degree in UK so it'll be my first time celebrating my birthday and Halloween! :P Let's see how will that look like... :mrgreen:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124

Or for adults.
  • Options
    Half Full wrote:

Or for adults.
    who has peed their pants because they were scared?

currently i am terrified
    and just wet myself a good one

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104
    holloween has always been a favorite holliday for me...perfect oppertunity to dress like a whore and see how the other half lives...while dressed as as a woman i have had sex.(with a woman)..got into a great fistfight(with a dude)...and laughed my ass off at myself...as for me this year a trip to boston/salem for holloween.on the 31st i will be at a witch trial...cool....it will be hard to beat last holloween at the spectrum with all those pj fans i met from everywhere rocking our asses off!!!!hands down the best concert of my life(and i've seen alot!).
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    There is a thing called Moonfest here in West Palm Beach. Since it is still usually warm (and on the brink of cooling off), there is some notion that all the women need to dress as slutty and revealing as they possibly can. I dig Moonfest. :P
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    My wife likes all those Haunted attractions

So...Next Friday we're going to one with 6 Attractions...haunted hay ride and all that stuff

She's making a cupcake costume for are 8 month old baby

:roll: ;):)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I usually go to a haunted house and then attend a great party with all my friends in a ridiculous get-up. I'm over trick or treating, but I still have a great time dressing up in something outrageously funny and having a drunken good time.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I usually go to a haunted house and then attend a great party with all my friends in a ridiculous get-up. I'm over trick or treating, but I still have a great time dressing up in something outrageously funny and having a drunken good time.
    dress up as eyed, yes/no?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    chadwick wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Because I have no idea what he looks like, my imagination could run with this.

Bearded tranny it is.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    holloween has always been a favorite holliday for me...perfect oppertunity to dress like a whore and see how the other half lives...while dressed as as a woman i have had sex.(with a woman)..got into a great fistfight(with a dude)...and laughed my ass off at myself...as for me this year a trip to boston/salem for holloween.on the 31st i will be at a witch trial...cool....it will be hard to beat last holloween at the spectrum with all those pj fans i met from everywhere rocking our asses off!!!!hands down the best concert of my life(and i've seen alot!).

:lol: You must be a blast during Halloween - great story...

Its going to be tough to beat last years concert at the Spectrum....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Because I have no idea what he looks like, my imagination could run with this.

Bearded tranny it is.
    dress up as a potato field

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    For years my best friend has hosted a halloween party and the preparation goes on and on for two months and i get so sick of it. Don't understand grown folks getting dressed up in halloween costumes for a party. Don't like it at all, but I've been a good sport about it and dressed up like a jackass along with everybody else.

Every year though, people ask me 'what are you going to be' and I've always said 'Jake the Drunk.'
    This year...I am finally going to keep that promise and just be plain old Jake the Drunk. Screw em. I ain't wasting a bunch of dough on something I'll wear 3 hours and never bother with again.

Gonna fill the cooler, sit back and get drunk....it don't get any better than that.
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    spending mucho cashola to decorate the house, the costumes, buying too many pumpkins and having to carve them, going to the town parade on the 24th, house parties on the 30th, trick or treating on the 31st-its a major commitment I tell ya

SEEING YOUR KIDS HAPPY=priceless

but as an adult, I would pretty much skip this one=unless a cool band was playing
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    For years my best friend has hosted a halloween party and the preparation goes on and on for two months and i get so sick of it. Don't understand grown folks getting dressed up in halloween costumes for a party. Don't like it at all, but I've been a good sport about it and dressed up like a jackass along with everybody else.

Every year though, people ask me 'what are you going to be' and I've always said 'Jake the Drunk.'
    This year...I am finally going to keep that promise and just be plain old Jake the Drunk. Screw em. I ain't wasting a bunch of dough on something I'll wear 3 hours and never bother with again.

Gonna fill the cooler, sit back and get drunk....it don't get any better than that.
    for you my friend
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmjM1GWB61Y
    :lol:

crazy Protractor beard guy :lol:
    the entire clip is a riot
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    As I am getting older ( Im 36), i enjoy putting out the candy and checking out the little ones costumes. I decorate the front of my house with a few haloween lamps and lights, put out a few pumkins, pour a glass of red or a thick rye and coke and.....enjoy. Its on a sunday though this year so there wont be heavy drinking....well I say that now .......
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:

for you my friend
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmjM1GWB61Y
    :lol:

crazy Protractor beard guy :lol:
    the entire clip is a riot
    CLASSIC!!! Given my profession, crazy newspaper face would work great!!!
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 972
    Halloween on a Sunday seems like it can be such a buzzkill lol.
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    Staying home and watching a Ghost Hunters marathon and their live special. And have some halloween candy :) I avoid being out on Halloween if I can, people just take advantage of it for getting fucked up and being assholes.