Accupuncture

he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
edited October 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone ever try it? My back is completely fucked and I'm considering trying out accupuncture rather than seeing a chiropractor.
We were but stones your light made us stars
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i don't see the point.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    DO IT!!!

My back was completely wrecked!! could only take tiny baby steps went to a Chiro and everything..nothing helped!

I went twice and its almost back to normal!! GO GO GO!! you have nothing to loose but MAYBE 40 bucks!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Go for it. I go to acupuncture every week. I have a chronic pain condition and acupuncture has been the only thing that has given me relief, and with it I have been able to do almost everything that I want to do. It has totally changed my life and I can't recommend it enough.

Good luck and feel better!
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    Go for it. I go to acupuncture every week. I have a chronic pain condition and acupuncture has been the only thing that has given me relief, and with it I have been able to do almost everything that I want to do. It has totally changed my life and I can't recommend it enough.

Good luck and feel better!

SEE told ya! :D
  • Anyone ever try it? My back is completely fucked and I'm considering trying out accupuncture rather than seeing a chiropractor.

I had terrible times with my back for many many years. L4 and L5 disc out of whack, affecting my sciatic nerve.
    accupuncture was the very next thing I would try, but i never got around to it.
    I am very anti-medications and pain pills and whatnot, but my last doctors visit, they gave me a mild steroid, which I was very reluctant to take, but it was like magic. I've been great ever since. If you have similar symptoms, I can find out what the steroid was called if you like?

I'm curious how your accupuncture goes.. if you decide to do it, let us know.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,659
    dunkman wrote:
    i don't see the point.

nice play there
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    For a 22 year old, I've got a back that needs some readjusting and healing myself. Haven't gone down the road of accupuncture, but recently I've been seeing a chiropractor who is a real honest, and concerned guy and he seems to be doing stuff that works. My back is already beginning to feel better, stronger, and I am in less discomfort when I do my stretches at home.

Try the accupuncture, maybe it'll work...but I wouldn't exactly rule out a chiropractor. Since seeing him and learning some of the stuff he's been teaching me, a healthy back is essential to a good quality of life.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    go have it done and keep going back.
    i am positive it will be a great thing for you.
    i never have had it done but i am going when my better insurance kicks in.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Boo Boo wrote:
    DO IT!!!

My back was completely wrecked!! could only take tiny baby steps went to a Chiro and everything..nothing helped!

I went twice and its almost back to normal!! GO GO GO!! you have nothing to loose but MAYBE 40 bucks!

Boo, I'd be happy to stick sharp things into you for just $20 bucks.

Let me know.

:lol: :twisted: :lol:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    Boo Boo wrote:
    DO IT!!!

Boo, I'd be happy to stick sharp things into you for just $20 bucks.

Let me know.

:lol: :twisted: :lol:

You're a dirty girl! :twisted: :twisted: I LIKE IT!!!
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i remember in 8th grade
    a girl named Gale (or is it Gail?) took her sharp pencil and slammed it into Lyle's arm; she was fed up with being teased. i wonder if Gale is actually unlost dogs, yes/no?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    I wonder if Lyle's arm felt better?
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Boo Boo wrote:
    I wonder if Lyle's arm felt better?

I wonder if Lyle kicked some Gale (Gayle, Gail?) ass?? :?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Years ago a friend of mine talked me into doing it as a form of relaxation. It was pretty cool and interesting but one spot on the back of my neck got messed up. It bled a little and lumped up. No big deal eventually it was fine.
    Well shortly after that I started having problems with my eye. I started getting recurrent corneal erosion. AKA the most painful thing I’ve ever dealt with in my life. I never had an issue with dry eyes previously it just seemed to come out of the blue.
    Well come to find out the area I had the acupuncture “issue” was VERY close to the area on the chart that was associated with your eyes.

I’m not saying it caused it, but I’ve always been suspicious.
    So I don’t mention this as a deterrent but I would just be sure the person you pick to stick you with needles is good at what he or she does. A smart person would probably do that before they allow someone to prick them but I was young and dumb :( at the time.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    chadwick wrote:
    i remember in 8th grade
    a girl named Gale (or is it Gail?) took her sharp pencil and slammed it into Lyle's arm; she was fed up with being teased. i wonder if Gale is actually unlost dogs, yes/no?

Nope. My name isn't Gale, Gail, Gayle or anything close to that. And there weren't any Lyle's in my class.

However, I cannot deny my involvement in an unfortunate incident involving a sharp pencil and the calf of a typing teacher who turned his back to me, but I swear to God I never intended it to impale him. Honest.
    :?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • I've had extensive acupuncture.

I have a problem with my right shoulder through years at the same job, mountain biking and various other strains on my muscles. I went about 2 years ago for physio and they recommended that along with physio massage I had some acupuncture...

The first time was scary, I won't lie. I don't like needles and the thought of having them shoved deep into my muscles wasn't appealing. The first time was slightly painful because of my nerves but as soon as I relaxed it was awesome... I used to have them in for about 10 mins and i'd float out of the physio room after my session; the relief was amazing.

The pain relief was first class and I was amazed at how better I felt generally for about 24 hours after a session.

I had needles inserted at the base of my neck, the base of my head (where it joins my neck), in my trapezius muscle (about 3-5 were inserted here very deeply) and in my hands. I have to say that I didn't like the ones in my hands and they made me feel sick because the feeling was too intense so we omitted those after about 3 sessions.
    The needles are inserted and left for a few minutes. After a few minutes of relaxation the therapist would rotate and move the needles (this did include pushing them deeper but you don't notice) and then I was given a few more minutes relaxation before they were removed.

Acupuncture is most definitely a good way to relieve pain and relax problem muscles for me. Give it a try and see how you get on :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.