Undercover Boss....

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited November 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Is a good show, anyone a fan?
We got an Australia version premier tonight, was a good story.
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Yeh i like it. I realised tonight I missed the aussie version
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    It is a very good show, but after watching 5-6 episodes, you will notice that it is EXTREMELY repetative.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'm holding out for the strip club episode.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    i'm holding out for the strip club episode.

:clap:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    my question and it only occurred to me watching last nights episode...

what do those employees think the whole being followed by a camera crew thing is about??? wouldnt they be at least a little curious? and who do they think this person is that comes and goes so quickly?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    It is a very good show, but after watching 5-6 episodes, you will notice that it is EXTREMELY repetative.

I agree. The boss "works too hard" or "doesn't have time for his family" and learns in the end that "family is the most important thing" and there's always some single mom trying to raise her kids and she's doesn't make enough money and she works too hard and in the end the boss pays for her to go to college/and or the kids get child care - we stopped watching.

what do those employees think the whole being followed by a camera crew thing is about??? wouldnt they be at least a little curious? and who do they think this person is that comes and goes so quickly?

They say its a a documentary about someone changing career paths. I was looking forward to last nights but I missed it. Boost juice is some of the worst service I have ever had. All young kids fucking around.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    pjfan31 wrote:

They say its a a documentary about someone changing career paths. I was looking forward to last nights but I missed it. Boost juice is some of the worst service I have ever had. All young kids fucking around.

yes that came through at one of the stores. the u/c boss was horrified.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Was it Boost juice Hornsby by any chance?
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Was it Boost juice Hornsby by any chance?

dunno. but i recognised boost liverpool.

also learnt that boost and salsas are the same mob.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • toodeetoodee Posts: 89
    Will the Aussie version ever film an episode in the public service? I'd love to see Julia Gillard or my state's premier, Anna Bligh, slugging it out in the civil sector :lol:
    toodee wrote:
    Will the Aussie version ever film an episode in the public service? I'd love to see Julia Gillard or my state's premier, Anna Bligh, slugging it out in the civil sector :lol:

well itd be valuable experience for anna cause shes gonna need a job after the next qld state election. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Or Corrective services boss Ron Woodham.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    If only all middle and upper management had to do this!! Most of our lives would be a lot easier!!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Enkidu wrote:

I agree. The boss "works too hard" or "doesn't have time for his family" and learns in the end that "family is the most important thing" and there's always some single mom trying to raise her kids and she's doesn't make enough money and she works too hard and in the end the boss pays for her to go to college/and or the kids get child care - we stopped watching.

Agreed.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Couple things about this ridiculous show that really irk me.

1.) Boss comes into board room and tells board members that he is going undercover to "really" understand what it's like to be a front line employee Before they do this they show the chucklehead playing catch with his kids or something else sentimental to give him a human element. Then he proceeds to shave his goatee or put on a hat and act like no one is going to recognize him afterwards. Like he's friggin Clark Kent. Then, when he makes his announcement, the board acts all horrified like, What if he never comes back? The truth is, the board is comprised of yes men and ass kissers that will spend most of there away time from him making photocopies of their asses and starting an intramural trash can basketball league.

2.) CEO meets front line employees while working menial positions and looking like a complete F-up How many of you could walk into a factory and just start jamming out on a forklift? This is why I really believe producers of this show treat us like ten year olds. Ha Ha Ha...that dude totally spilled all the jelly beans in the store. Every episode I've seen; the boss is trying to get something done and the salty old employee is just standing there shaking his head. Get to work, motherfucker. Just because some dude is slacking off, can you really justify standing there and watching him? Where is your boss? Is he standing there shaking his head at you? Is it a network of morons standing and nodding? How do we ever receive our Eggo waffles or DiGiorno pizzas on time if the crackheads running the operation can't motivate each other?

3.) The Hard Luck Cases So let's run down what seems to be happening at every company in America right now. Single mom is overworked, old guy is on dialysis, immigrant employee is unappreciated and there is a pervy/slimy/lazy mid level manager that needs to be taught a lesson. This is the sound of me having an aneurysm. OMG WTF Really? Where the hell do they find these people? I'll finally be able to get my family farm back when I don't have to pull tricks on the weekends. Give me a break. just because something is on TV doesn't mean it has to seem like it was written by the war room of The Simpsons.

4.) The Resolution Basically it runs down like this. Mom and kids go to Disney World, old guy starts a liver failure awareness program, immigrant makes manager and the mid level guy promises to be a boy scout from now on. It's exhausting. Not to mention redundant, as some of you have said. I just really despise how the producers of the show basically dressed Extreme Makeover in a hard hat and called it a whole new show.

Some people like it, though. Rant over. I guess I'm making up for lost time in the few posts I make here.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

Watch tonight to learn what it takes to put a losing team on the field for over a century.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    81 wrote:
    Watch tonight to learn what it takes to put a losing team on the field for over a century.

I hope the don't expect the maintenance fella to clean the bathrooms when he goes to spring training with his family...that would be pretty fucked-up!
    his give aways were pretty crappy. a spring training vacation, an intership and swimming lessons? did i miss something?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    81 wrote:
    his give aways were pretty crappy. a spring training vacation, an intership and swimming lessons? did i miss something?

Well, the swimming lessons are with a well-respected college swimming coach, and, a family trip to spring training for a week is worth a few grand.

However, why didn't they give the groundskeeper a permanent front-office job? An internship isn't too commital on the teams behalf!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I just don't get how many people really would want to pour out their heart and soul, tell their problems to a 'complete stranger' AND in front of TVs? Seems way too coincidental that UB gets matched up with a 'charity case' employee. C'mon now, there are people struggling EVERYWHERE, knowing a single working mom for a few hours is grounds for promotion to shift manager? :crazy:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:
    I just don't get how many people really would want to pour out their heart and soul, tell their problems to a 'complete stranger' AND in front of TVs? Seems way too coincidental that UB gets matched up with a 'charity case' employee. C'mon now, there are people struggling EVERYWHERE, knowing a single working mom for a few hours is grounds for promotion to shift manager? :crazy:
    which is why I don't buy them not knowing what is going on....
    Lizard wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

are you trying to tell me that this reality tv show isnt all that real??? say it aint so. :o :? :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Lizard wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

are you trying to tell me that this reality tv show isnt all that real??? say it aint so. :o :? :lol:

:think: :x :P