coffee gives me bad anxiety...

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited October 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
damn it's bad today, I enjoy the taste though so it is hard to give up.
Anyone else have problems with coffee?
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    decaf
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • appieappie Posts: 1,441
    My coffeemachine just broke so now i got a problem with coffee,i aint getting it!!! :evil:
    luckely i still got a can of Monster Energy..... :D .
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Ummm yeah, can't drink much more than a cup of a light roast, otherwise I get the gitters so bad I walk around shaking for a few lol...
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Had a glass of red wine tonight with dinner, it is an instant cure.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • KM43590KM43590 Posts: 298
    I've never drank coffee nor have I ever smoked cigarettes, so I could never understand the addiction of either, although I hear they are quite hard to stay away from, as I've witnessed with friends and family. I took the more rebellious route in life and became addicted to both alcohol and marijuana. I couldn't quit on my own because of almost 10 years of overindulgence and constant bouts of long term depression. However, I did recently spend 32 days in a rehab facility and since then, (8 months later) I haven't had a single urge or desire to do either since, and I haven't had to replaced my vices with anything else, except I've become obsessed with buying Pearl Jam Show Posters to be honest... but that's not here nor there. My suggestion to all you Coffee and Cigarette people is to just take a week or more maybe, go to a secluded (vacation) place and take someone you trust with you so they can deny your urges and too help you through what may be, at best; an uncomfortable withdraw situation. It can be done, you just have to stay focused, enforce some will power, and take responsibility for your actions! Regardless, Goodluck. Thanks! ;) A good nights sleep should be all the fuel you need to get through the day!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    My daughter too, really bad. And decaf still seems to affect her.
    Coffee is the only thing I hope I never have to give up, it is peace in a cup.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,267
    Haven't drank coffee in months don't plan on ever going back to it specially since i do suffer from high blood pressure ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    appie wrote:
    My coffeemachine just broke so now i got a problem with coffee,i aint getting it!!! :evil:
    you can brew great coffee without a coffee maker.
    when i drove truck that exactly what i did.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • yep, me too. after I had my first anxiety breakdown coffee is the third thing I had to quit (behind weed and booze). One cup made me jittery, but after not sleeping all night from my mind racing, it was a difficult cycle to break. I went to decaf for months, then tried caf again, and I'm good. But if I have too much I get all jumpy, but the anxiety doesn't affect me in that way anymore.

I find my anxiety gets bad two days after a boozie night with friends. First day: hungover and tired. Second day: super anxious. But I might start a new thread on that. :)
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    The only problem I have with coffee is not having coffee.

Mmmmm...

I'm an addict. I admit it. :D
  • appieappie Posts: 1,441
    chadwick wrote:
    appie wrote:
    you can brew great coffee without a coffee maker.
    when i drove truck that exactly what i did.
    Yeah i know,but i only own a expressomachine,but after visiting a couple of friends and my parents today,i have the complete picture ready to make the brown goodie tommorow morning :D:D:D ....
    Infect i am even drink one now....
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Funny this thread cropped up... earlier today I went for a run and I was thinking about giving up my morning Dunkin Donuts large with cream only. I was thinking there's a lot of fat and calories in that cream, but drinking it black is beyond me. I thought I might stick with the little Koerig cups at work, limit myself to one cup. Start with milk, then eventually get down to 1% milk. Save the Dunkin' for when I'm traveling.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    http://www.ravensbrew.com/
    Some great coffees are found here.
    If high-powered coffee isn't your cup of tea :mrgreen: don't drink "Deadman's Reach"
    I used to drink that sometimes when I was truck driver.
    It'll crank ya up quite nicely.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    chadwick wrote:
    If high-powered coffee isn't your cup of tea :mrgreen: don't drink "Deadman's Reach"
    I used to drink that sometimes when I was truck driver.
    It'll crank ya up quite nicely.

As I sit here bleary eyed from having to get up at 5:20 this morning, Deadman's Reach is sounding way better than the cup of tea I'm drinking....

I try not to drink coffee that often (2-3x a week) but if the caffeine weren't an issue I'd guzzle it all day every day - I love the energy and the taste.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • i am very sensitive to coffee as well. i get all jittery.

on a side note, i was given a couple of shots of coffee patron last night...ugh, not good....whoever thought of coffee flavored tequila should be fired...
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    I do not drink coffee at work for this very reason, I am already wired from being around people, I don't need to be all jittery too
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i am very sensitive to coffee as well. i get all jittery.

on a side note, i was given a couple of shots of coffee patron last night...ugh, not good....whoever thought of coffee flavored tequila should be fired...

you don't shoot it...you add it to coffee or hot chocolate...sooo good

i used to get the jitters from coffee when i was younger...i kept drinking...no more jitters and now i'm even been drinking it in the late afternoon...i love coffee :D
  • the owner of the bar my band was playing made us shoot it. it is black like jagermeister, which is our favorite shot, and was served up in shot glasses. he told us it was jager so we took it. it was nasty....then we fell for the same trick later that night...i guess he thought it was funny to make us shoot coffee flavored tequila, and even worse that we fell for it multiple times...our singer referred to it on the microphone as "that coffee shit..."
    norm wrote:
    i am very sensitive to coffee as well. i get all jittery.

you don't shoot it...you add it to coffee or hot chocolate...sooo good

i used to get the jitters from coffee when i was younger...i kept drinking...no more jitters and now i'm even been drinking it in the late afternoon...i love coffee :D

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    the owner of the bar my band was playing made us shoot it. it is black like jagermeister, which is our favorite shot, and was served up in shot glasses. he told us it was jager so we took it. it was nasty....then we fell for the same trick later that night...i guess he thought it was funny to make us shoot coffee flavored tequila, and even worse that we fell for it multiple times...our singer referred to it on the microphone as "that coffee shit..."

what a jackass
  • norm wrote:
    the owner of the bar my band was playing made us shoot it. it is black like jagermeister, which is our favorite shot, and was served up in shot glasses. he told us it was jager so we took it. it was nasty....then we fell for the same trick later that night...i guess he thought it was funny to make us shoot coffee flavored tequila, and even worse that we fell for it multiple times...our singer referred to it on the microphone as "that coffee shit..."

what a jackass
    oh well, it made for a fun night even though it was nasty..

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    norm wrote:

what a jackass
    oh well, it made for a fun night even though it was nasty..

fool me once... :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    pandora wrote:
    it is peace in a cup.
    yes, yes it is :)

I love coffee. Doesn't matter to me which brand, although I do like my Folgers...
    i love a good cup of coffee
    i remember when i was young my parents and grandparents always drank coffee after dinner
    with or without pie

that is a very peaceful memory in my mind

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • I was up to 3 or 4 cups a day as well as some diet Dr.Pepper. Went great until I started getting PVCs (heart beat issues). Quit all caffeine cold turkey. I had bad headaches for the first three or four days and then I was great. Heart issues stopped after a week. I'm amazed at the great sleep I get now and I've lost some good weight as well.

I would highly recommend to anyone that they should stop all caffeine.

I do miss the taste and the rituals of brewing, drinking, hanging out at the coffee shops but it sounds like Starbucks is getting ready to start serving wine and beer so I can get some of that back.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183

You damn right, the second I take a sip in the morning I have to go to the bathroom.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

i'll tell you what gives me bad anxiety
    stupid ass people

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

• fool me once... :lol:
    yeah i know... :oops: but you really don't have a lot of time to thoroughly inspect the shot you are getting in a dark club when you only have about 45 seconds between songs. it is a "alright shot time! cheers" and you slam it, hoping the whole time that it will be something good..... maybe if we had done the smell test we would have known, but i have learned never do the smell test on drinks given to you by the bar owner...they are usually always nasty except for jagers...i can't even imagine the smell of tequila and coffee mixed...

i did enjoy a nice coffee at a restaurant after the show though...it was much better than the coffee shit/cafe' patron or whatever the hell they call it...