Quality In-Ear Headphones

Dark StarDark Star Posts: 496
edited November 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anybody know of any good headphones out there? I just got the Klipshe 4 or something for 90 bucks and they sounded horrendous, returned them after half a song.

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,413
    Sorry to hear that. I've had the Klipsch 4's for a year now and I think their sound is superior to anything else offered in that same price range. My only knock against them is the silicone ear pieces that seem to always slip out of my ears. If you happen to find a better pair in your opinion, I'd like to stumble across that post.
  • In the price range, Shure E2, E3, and E4. Gotta dig a bit to find them, might have to purchase used (replace the silicone or foam sleeves) but you can do it. I'd also recommend Ultimate Ears generally, but I don't know what models are in your price range.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Dark StarDark Star Posts: 496
    Hmm interesting that you liked the Klipsh, maybe I didn't give them enough time. I've heard a lot of good things about Head Direct REO, you have to order them from Japan, but I might give those a go and I'll let you all know what I think.
  • Dark StarDark Star Posts: 496
    In the price range, Shure E2, E3, and E4. Gotta dig a bit to find them, might have to purchase used (replace the silicone or foam sleeves) but you can do it. I'd also recommend Ultimate Ears generally, but I don't know what models are in your price range.

Yeah I heard about them too. I'm looking in the 80-100 price range. For that I expect something pretty decent.
  • Bump30Bump30 Posts: 446
    I have and love my Bose! Around the $100 range.
    Toronto - 2009
    Hartford - 2010
    Ed Solo - Hartford - 2011
    Toronto X 2, Ottawa & Hamilton - 2011
    Ed Solo - Jacksonville - 2012
    London, Pittsburgh & Buffalo - 2013
    No shows in 2014 :-(
  • I have the Sure SC-5 and love them. I had the 4 series previously and they were good as well.
    What ain't a country I ever heard of. Do they speak English in what?
  • I'm currently on my 2nd pair of shure se210's, and they are excellent. I bought my first pair 4 years ago and after an overwhelming amount of use during gym sessions, nap time, and travel, they finally bit the dust. When I needed new headphones, I didn't think twice and went right back to the se210's. They provide a snug fit, cancel all ambient noise, and deliver a nice combo of deep bass with sharp highs. I think they retail at around $150, but if you search around, you can find them online (eBay sometimes) for closer to $100.

Their warranty plan is also pretty nice; it's like $15 for 2/3 years of full replacement coverage (I'm not completely sure of some of the warranty details, just know it's nice ;) ).
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    A buddy i studied audio with in college started up a pretty unique line a couple years ago.
    I haven't used them personally (not in the market) . But they supposedly compare very well to a lot of high end in ears. On top of that, his environmentally friendly approach doesn't hurt.

check 'em out if not anything else.
    http://www.thinksound.com/index.php
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • A buddy i studied audio with in college started up a pretty unique line a couple years ago.
    I haven't used them personally (not in the market) . But they supposedly compare very well to a lot of high end in ears. On top of that, his environmentally friendly approach doesn't hurt.

check 'em out if not anything else.
    http://www.thinksound.com/index.php

those are sexy. I'll remember those...