Options

Alleged sighting of David Gilmour in New York City...

FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 972
edited October 2010 in Other Music
at the Roosevelt Field Mall.

For anyone wondering why this matters, he announced that he's playing 1 show with Roger Waters this tour, randomly, and tonight and tomorrow happen to be the 2 nights Roger Waters is in Uniondale at the Nassau Coliseum.

If you like Pink Floyd, I'd get my ass to NYC if I were you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NYCPJNYCPJ nyc Posts: 761
    FirstExit wrote:

For anyone wondering why this matters, he announced that he's playing 1 show with Roger Waters this tour, randomly, and tonight and tomorrow happen to be the 2 nights Roger Waters is in Uniondale at the Nassau Coliseum.

I had assumed he would show up in the UK, but if not, at MSG (he didnt).
    Nassau makes sense-- it is the site of the last shows in the US that featured both Gilmour and Waters (1980 wall shows)
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    FirstExit wrote:

As the other poster mentioned, I always thought if he did do it in the States, it would be at Nassau because of the history. I have a hard time believing Mr. Gilmour would be trolling the Long Island malls though. Do you think he'd cause a riot as big as Mr. Bieber's from about a year ago? :lol:
  • Options
    And did you pick up this information for the forums at BodyBuilding.com?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=560692341
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Think there's been a sighting in a few other cities too. I'm gonna guess if he plays a show over here he'll be there for one in london

Wish me and the wife could hit up a show for less than $500
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    jamburger wrote:
    FirstExit wrote:

As the other poster mentioned, I always thought if he did do it in the States, it would be at Nassau because of the history. I have a hard time believing Mr. Gilmour would be trolling the Long Island malls though. Do you think he'd cause a riot as big as Mr. Bieber's from about a year ago? :lol:

I've personally driven musicians headlining at Nassau Coliseum over to Roosevelt Field Mall the same day they were doing a show, so it's definitely possible. :)
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:
    jamburger wrote:
    FirstExit wrote:

I've personally driven musicians headlining at Nassau Coliseum over to Roosevelt Field Mall the same day they were doing a show, so it's definitely possible. :)

Hey Rog, I'm going to pop out to the mall and get an Orange Julius before soundcheck. Can I bring you back something?
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    jamburger wrote:
    Hey Rog, I'm going to pop out to the mall and get an Orange Julius before soundcheck. Can I bring you back something?

Rog: Yeah, go by Hot Topic and get me a Pink Floyd "The Wall" shirt for the show so I look cool :D
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:
    jamburger wrote:
    FirstExit wrote:

You mean you worked at MSG with musical acts? I had no idea, you never mentioned that before :lol:
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:
    jamburger wrote:

You mean you worked at MSG with musical acts? I had no idea, you never mentioned that before :lol:

:roll: Who said MSG?

...and strangely, I recall musicians asking for Taco Bell on a few specific occasions.
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:
    ...and strangely, I recall musicians asking for Taco Bell on a few specific occasions.

You see... that I have trouble believing. Taco Bell was only good if you were stoned off your ass. I just can't see any musician wanting Taco Bell for that reason alone! ;)
  • Options
    jamburger wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

You see... that I have trouble believing. Taco Bell was only good if you were stoned off your ass. I just can't see any musician wanting Taco Bell for that reason alone! ;)

LeAnn Rhymes and Bruce Hornsby are the two in particular musicians that wanted Taco Bell.
  • Options
    Bruce still had a contact high from playing with the Dead those years. LeAnn... I've got nothing.
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    CJMST3K wrote:
    jamburger wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

LeAnn Rhymes and Bruce Hornsby are the two in particular musicians that wanted Taco Bell.

What did they order? no seriously, :D Taco bell has some really good fast food, for cheap, not the best, (Taco Bueno was better), but just curious what they wanted off the menu?
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    red mos wrote:
    What did they order? no seriously, :D Taco bell has some really good fast food, for cheap, not the best, (Taco Bueno was better), but just curious what they wanted off the menu?

I forget what LeAnn wanted. Bruce wanted a chicken quesadilla or chicken something. We got lost in NJ looking for Taco Bell after a show there, and he pointed out a 7-11 type place we were passing as a substitute for that, all the while listening to some dead cassettes I had and he was telling me about his days with the dead. ...in NYC though, I was able to accomplish the Taco Bell mission.
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    CJMST3K wrote:
    red mos wrote:

I forget what LeAnn wanted. Bruce wanted a chicken quesadilla or chicken something. We got lost in NJ looking for Taco Bell after a show there, and he pointed out a 7-11 type place we were passing as a substitute for that, all the while listening to some dead cassettes I had and he was telling me about his days with the dead. ...in NYC though, I was able to accomplish the Taco Bell mission.

Nice. Bruce seems like a good guy, and pulled the Dead out of a tough spot. Maybe all that grease helps him speed up his playing.

I'll derail the thread a little further, and admit that I worked at Taco Bell in high school. I grew up outside of Calabasas, Ca where a ton of celebrities (and quasi celebrities) live. I distinctly remember Eddie Van Halen coming through the drive through (late 80's), he had ordered a few burritos. Ben Stein too, although I don't remember what he ordered.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    If Gilmour plays Nassau I'll cry as I saw opening night 2-24-80 and will never forget it.

When Roger announced this tour I thought about going back to Nassau. But knowing that Roger and David getting together had as good a chance as me winning the Boston Marathon I decided to just go for closer to home shows.
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw David Gilmour pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Will it be tonight instead?
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    jamburger wrote:
    My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw David Gilmour pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Will it be tonight instead?

thank you simone. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    pearljim wrote:
    If Gilmour plays Nassau I'll cry as I saw opening night 2-24-80 and will never forget it.

When Roger announced this tour I thought about going back to Nassau. But knowing that Roger and David getting together had as good a chance as me winning the Boston Marathon I decided to just go for closer to home shows.
    I'll be crying in delight tonight if Gilmore shows up :o . I'll never forget Gilmore's solo on top of the Wall 8-) . Seeing a repeat performance now would be F**kn Incredible! It's time to get ready for the tailgate party. Not making my magical guacamole dip, but there will be "magic" ;) in the air & a huge smile on my face :mrgreen: .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    perhaps he is staying at rogers house in the hamptons
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    FirstExit wrote:

Someone did get a picture of the sighting at the mall, but it's kind of hard to tell if it is Gilmour or not. I'll let you guys decide:

SirDavidGilmour2.jpg&t=1
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    FirstExit wrote:

Someone did get a picture of the sighting at the mall, but it's kind of hard to tell if it is Gilmour or not. I'll let you guys decide:

SirDavidGilmour2.jpg&t=1

lmao, maybe.....
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    FirstExit wrote:

SirDavidGilmour2.jpg&t=1

It's either Gilmour, or Frampton really let himself go.