Why Auto Insurance is so high

Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
edited January 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
So yesterday I went to the grocery store with my family and when pulling into a spot I tapped the car in front of me. I get out and I was about to say I was sorry when this woman rubs her bumper, where near the part of the bumper that raps around to the side of the car. There was a huge dent there. No granted I did hit her but I stopped in the spot straightened my wheels and let off the brake some to straighten out a little. So we say things to each other that probably we should not have said but it got that way because she started swearing in front of my kids (2 years and 10 months) and in front of her kids (about 11, 12 and 6). I said please stop swearing and she said she was a grown woman that is 40 and she can say whatever the fuck she wants. With my reply of you are a Ghetto Bitch aren't you.

Well to get back to insurance the police said that it was not new damage and they would not fill out a accident report that they would only exchange information. So I talk to my insurance company and she is stating that there was not damage before the incident and that the grocery store bagger was injured when I hit her car and her car hit him. The funny thing is that there is not even a scratch on my car no paint from her car. So now my insurance has to send out a investigator and investigate this incident, which is going to waste time and money. I asked if they find her story to be bullshit what do they do. they said there is a fraudulent division it will get forwarded to.
96 Randall's Island II
98 CAA
00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
09 Phillie III
10 MSG II
13 Wrigley Field
16 Phillie II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Crazy
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    insurance is so high cause the insurance companies need your money to play the stock market to increase their bottom line and the dividends they pay to their shareholders.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    "ghetto bitch" that's great.
    I'll be back
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    insurance is so high cause the insurance companies need your money to play the stock market to increase their bottom line and the dividends they pay to their shareholders.

Actually, Insurnace is high because now she is going to get a lawyer. And then this lady will present an injury claim for her and her 3 kids. And each of them will settle for a few thousand dollars for all their "pain and suffering". And there is nothing anyone can do about it because the system is set up so you can't prove fraud.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

Actually, Insurnace is high because now she is going to get a lawyer. And then this lady will present an injury claim for her and her 3 kids. And each of them will settle for a few thousand dollars for all their "pain and suffering". And there is nothing anyone can do about it because the system is set up so you can't prove fraud.

yeah sure insurance companies are set up more for our benefit than theirs. what the hell was i thinking. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,436
    not to be a jerk but how is it the insurance companies fault that you HIT another car and that the other person is a dick? 2 things occured that were not the insurance companies fault but yours and the other person's. and no i do not work in insurance but don't like when people blame others for their own problems. this issue was caused by the accident happening 1st.
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    pjhawks wrote:
    not to be a jerk but how is it the insurance companies fault that you HIT another car and that the other person is a dick? 2 things occured that were not the insurance companies fault but yours and the other person's. and no i do not work in insurance but don't like when people blame others for their own problems. this issue was caused by the accident happening 1st.
    True but the point the OP is making is that the person whose car was hit was trying to claim for damage that wasn't the OPs fault. It happens here all the time. If you have an accident and damage someones car you can admit to the damage and it gets sorted. If they fraudulently claim for other damage the wheels start rolling and becomes costly. That is why the premiums go up.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    insurance...legalized.... organized... crime :lol:
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    pandora wrote:
    agreed
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    chadwick wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    agreed
    Yeh. Like banking... traffic cops... traffic wardens... etc. etc :(
    question about insurance...
    if i am buying my car or home...wait
    and maybe they are paid off even...

if i decide to not claim the loss
    can i burn my shit down without going to prison?

house/car... 5 gallons of gas
    light it up and move on without a care

can i do this without being sent to prison for arson?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    edited October 2010
    chadwick wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    agreed
    personal injury attorneys are just as bad. The whole system is screwed up.
    Post edited by pjsteelerfan on
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    chadwick wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    agreed
    personal injury attornies are just as bad. The whole system is screwed up.
    attorneys make my skin crawl
    yes offence to those ladies and gentlemen on here :twisted:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    81 sells car stereo & cellular phone insurance.
    frickin millionaire

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    So Mama Lou had a hip replacement this past summer. It has begun to pain, she was doing good.
    I saw the other day on a lawyer commercial...hip recalls... :wtf: HIP RECALLS!!!.... what is that?
    How can that happen?
    and a little old lady must go through it all again?
    No no no can't be. Better not be!
    Lawyers have their place but money isn't the answer to everything.
    Money matters little when you are 86 and tired.
    chadwick wrote:
    81 sells car stereo & cellular phone insurance.
    frickin millionaire

i do need to find a supplier. I could sell audio gear on ebay. no problem. anybody know how to buy the shit?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    insurance paid 17% of my truck.... :) the only downside is, i drive around with a couple of dented fenders and bumper with a few dings. :D

i once had a car totaled by state farm. they paid me more for the car than i paid for it. :D

i once had a motorcycle that the insurance company paid me what i paid for the bike for a busted front fender.

i like insurance.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    pjhawks wrote:

When I tapped her car I was moving slower then probably 1/4 mph. There is not even a remote scratch to my bumber while hers is dented completely away from the point my plate tapped hers. She is trying for a pay day, that is all. There was not even a police report filled out because the cops said that the damage was obviously from another time.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    I got T-boned last week (*rimshot*). Completely the other driver's fault.

My vehicle is going to get totaled and I'm not going to get anywhere near what it was worth to me in utility usage because it was 10 years old. I'm going to get Blue Book value at best. I took great care of it and it ran excellently.

Now I'm going to get a pittance and I still have to buy a replacement. :(
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
    HeavyHands wrote:
    I got T-boned last week (*rimshot*). Completely the other driver's fault.

My vehicle is going to get totaled and I'm not going to get anywhere near what it was worth to me in utility usage because it was 10 years old. I'm going to get Blue Book value at best. I took great care of it and it ran excellently.

Now I'm going to get a pittance and I still have to buy a replacement. :(
    fix it up the best you can and drive it.
    and or go buy a used $500.00 or $1,000.00 dollar piece of shitcar.
    beaters are the best cars.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    chadwick wrote:
    fix it up the best you can and drive it.

Found out yesterday it's going to get totaled. :( No idea yet what they're going to give me for it, but it's going to suck compared to what that thing was worth to me.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    81 wrote:
    insurance paid 17% of my truck.... :) the only downside is, i drive around with a couple of dented fenders and bumper with a few dings. :D

i once had a car totaled by state farm. they paid me more for the car than i paid for it. :D

i once had a motorcycle that the insurance company paid me what i paid for the bike for a busted front fender.

i like insurance.

Yeah well the insurance companies are still making a profit so they're still doing better than you.

I wish auto insurance wasn't forced by law, but then again there are too many irresponsible people out there to go that route. Some of us would be better off without it, though.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
    speaking of auto insurance...

quoting out mine. lets just say Flo is smoking that good bud.

holy nutty qoute batman. 2.5 times my current lowest quote.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:

Flo gave me shit for the honda...$2000 less than what I know my car is worth... :evil:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Flo gave me shit for the honda...$2000 less than what I know my car is worth... :evil:

on the payout side, you have to be a wheel that needs grease. i fought with state farm a long time ago and ended up making a tidy little profit on my 600 jalopy
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    4and20 wrote:
    81 wrote:

on the payout side, you have to be a wheel that needs grease. i fought with state farm a long time ago and ended up making a tidy little profit on my 600 jalopy

I tried to...and the guy was all 'we don't negotiate anymore...we use JD Power consulting and they took an average from 4 different hondas within a 150 mile radius of where you live'. So that incuded a crappy honda that had 200K miles on it, mine only had 134K. :evil: that just means I'm gonna be really hardnosed when I negotiate for the replacement
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless