Options

BOYCOTT BALCONY hold out for a PIT(TicketMaster is A BROKER)

j-birdj-bird Posts: 40
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Ticketmaster holds all the good tix for themselves and re-sells them through Tickets Now....
then we are left to chose from second balcony, limited view...wtfrack?
why dont i just sit on the roof and put my ear to wind...

this is eddie vedder, not opera...

this is a monopoly that is unstoppable, 5 years from now $300 will not even get you in the door, the rock experience is dead, like vinly and tapes...
passed over for technology, ticketmaster no longer sells tix, they are a BROKER....selling out for the highest bidder...

now matter's are worse -yoda

.....society crazy indeed -ev

this city desreves and good criminal, and i'm gonna give'em one-joker

EXTRA CHICAGO?MILWAUKEE? keep me in mind....i'll make ya famous -billy the kid

rock.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,422
    yea I saw that, but it also said the artist does not support it

what the heck does that mean?
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    i enjoyed reading your quotes.....good stuff.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    it's a nice way of saying the artist does not support the practice of re-selling the best seats in the house as a thirdparty(TICKETS NOW) but are obligated and bound by the contract to allow this to happen or forfeit the right to use TM
    and if you cant use TM you cant tour...

or so they say....

....so say we all-BSG
  • Options
    LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,422
    y can't they tour without ticketmaster?

a few years back united palace used to sell tickets to their concerts at local stores
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    j-bird wrote:
    Ticketmaster holds all the good tix for themselves and re-sells them through Tickets Now....
    then we are left to chose from second balcony, limited view...wtfrack?
    why dont i just sit on the roof and put my ear to wind...

Guess it all depends on the venue. No "limited view" in second balcony
    at Massey Hall. Unless you get one of the odd "obstructed view" seats
    behind a pillar. That would be a non view.

but yes I agree, it's immoral for TM to be doing this.
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    artists are forced to work in conjunction with TM...
    otherwise the venues, who have contracts with TM, would not allow the performer to work there...

on a scale as Big as PJ, and Mr.Vedder, the options are few and far between...

wrigley field $5bucks' -ev 95
  • Options
    she came through with flying colors,
    offering presents and candys from her wings,
    she said chicago on friday is something we can do...
    i said yes yes yes thank you...

now lets blow this thing and go home' - han solo
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    y can't they tour without ticketmaster?

a few years back united palace used to sell tickets to their concerts at local stores

There are venues here and there that sell tickets without using ticketbastard. but not many. Most of these are venues smaller than ones Pearl Jam normally plays in.

PJ tried to avoid ticketbastard in 95 & 96 but found it to be such a hassle that they went back to ticketbastard for the 98 tour.
  • Options
    in ottawa they use capital tickets. it's not much better, but still...it shows that they don't have to use ticketmaster all the time. i think most if not all shows in ottawa use this broker
  • Options
    once

when i was 21 i bought tickets for pearl jam in san jose from a total seperate independent ticket company...
    it was the 95' Abort TicketMaster Tour, Let me repeat that...

you heard right, THIS BATTLE has been raging forever...still fighting the ticketmaster scam to this day, same as back then

so i got tix for san jose through a ticket agency, i don't recall their name, mighta been ata tickets?
    It was as simple as 1 2 3...
    best show ever, floor seats, pit...
    ben harper,fastbacks,pearljam
    same thing for new orleans 95'
    the ramones
    pearljam
    AVOIDED TICKETMASTER....show was INSANE
    drove from champaign to new orleans in my van...
    with a bunch of girls...
    the tickets were designed by the bassist or his brother or something like that:)
    pretty cool colors, it felt like something was happening, somethin special...
    like jordan on the break...

joey ramone sang during the encore...

it seems it has been done before, and by the afermentioned...

sometimes you feel like anut, sometimes you don't- 7up

this has all happened before, and will happen again-BSG (cylon hybrid)

why go home'- ev
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    j-bird wrote:
    once

when i was 21 i bought tickets for pearl jam in san jose from a total seperate independent ticket company...
    it was the 95' Abort TicketMaster Tour, Let me repeat that...

you heard right, THIS BATTLE has been raging forever...still fighting the ticketmaster scam to this day, same as back then

so i got tix for san jose through a ticket agency, i don't recall their name, mighta been ata tickets?
    It was as simple as 1 2 3...
    best show ever, floor seats, pit...
    ben harper,fastbacks,pearljam
    same thing for new orleans 95'
    the ramones
    pearljam
    AVOIDED TICKETMASTER....show was INSANE
    drove from champaign to new orleans in my van...
    with a bunch of girls...
    the tickets were designed by the bassist or his brother or something like that:)
    pretty cool colors, it felt like something was happening, somethin special...
    like jordan on the break...

joey ramone sang during the encore...

it seems it has been done before, and by the afermentioned...

sometimes you feel like anut, sometimes you don't- 7up

this has all happened before, and will happen again-BSG (cylon hybrid)

why go home'- ev

Interestingly enough, that was my first PJ show, San Jose Spartan Stadium 1995. Weird how the world turns until it comes full circle, no?

=)

http://pearljam.dreamhosters.com/Images/My_First_PJ_Ticket.jpg

Peace

P.S. I believe it was Jeff himself that made Mr. Point, the image on the ticket.. and Sometimes you feel like a nut = Almond Joy, sometimes you don't = Mounds (Peter Paul)

Oh and last but not least, it was FUCK Ticketmaster, not Abort! lol
    Just me
  • Options
    Zanne wrote:
    Interestingly enough, that was my first PJ show, San Jose Spartan Stadium 1995. Weird how the world turns until it comes full circle, no?

=)

http://pearljam.dreamhosters.com/Images/My_First_PJ_Ticket.jpg

Peace

P.S. I believe it was Jeff himself that made Mr. Point, the image on the ticket.. and Sometimes you feel like a nut = Almond Joy, sometimes you don't = Mounds (Peter Paul)

Oh and last but not least, it was FUCK Ticketmaster, not Abort! lol

my man, great times...
    yes indeed...

it cetainnly was and always will be brother...
    thanks for the tix picture...

the whole world will be different soon-brain of j
    nothing like the first time-ev
  • Options
    welcome Zod
    you are a Soldier of love, i can see

this is a test of the emergency alert system- eveywhere
  • Options
    Super_FanSuper_Fan Posts: 249
    Don't worry. Ticketmaster will have their contract running out with LiveNation in January/February of '09. Thats why they bought ticketsnow. So ticketmaster will be in the cellar and eventim will be selling tickets in the United States for LiveNation concerts.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Super_Fan wrote:
    Don't worry. Ticketmaster will have their contract running out with LiveNation in January/February of '09. Thats why they bought ticketsnow. So ticketmaster will be in the cellar and eventim will be selling tickets in the United States for LiveNation concerts.

And the pricing, fees, and practices won't change much at all...
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,740
    Ticketmaster accused of price gouging in Canada:

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/07/14/ticketmaster-accused-of-price-gouging-by-canadian-elton-john-fans/

As if the imminent Live Nation ticketing venture wasn’t enough for Ticketmaster, the company now has to deal with accusations of “price gouging” by angry Elton John fans in Saskatchewan. When tickets for Elton John’s performance in the capital city of Saskatoon went on sale, fans discovered that Ticketmaster had already sold out of their allotment, and instead recommended fans try to buy tickets at Tickets Now, a secondary ticketing site owned by Ticketmaster. Not only did Tickets Now already have tickets for sale, but they were also demanding much higher prices than originally posted on Ticketmaster, leading fans to accuse the company of scalping and getting the province’s Justice Minister involved.

Ticketmaster said they were not aware they were shuffling fans to Tickets Now and has since removed the link. The company’s head of ticketing in Saskatchewan said, “The inventory belongs to the promoter and artist, and the artist determines who has what privileges in advance of the public on sale or not, like fan clubs for instance.” The situation is similar to an incident last year where angry parents of Hannah Montana fans accused Ticketmaster of being easily penetrable by scalpers looking to hit big on the secondary ticketing market.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...