Happy Anniversary Ice Bowl!!!

go prego pre Posts: 662
edited October 2010 in The Porch
can't believe it's already been 10 years. what an experience for my first pj show!
There's a trapdoor in the sun.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hard to believe it was that cold at this time of year... its gonna be like 80 all weekend :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • go prego pre Posts: 662
    hard to believe it was that cold at this time of year... its gonna be like 80 all weekend :D
    no kidding. crazy wisconsin weather.

ten years and nine shows later it's still one of the most memorable shows i've seen.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    My first show as well. I was so damn excited, I didn't even realize how cold it was! I think it's going to be in the 80s there this weekend! :lol:
  • PRLJM1PRLJM1 Posts: 584
    a little short, but a great show none the less. time to head over to pjlive and have a listen again
    Summerfest '95,Alpine '98,Ice Bowl(Alpine'00),Alpine'03,Chicago'06,Summerfest(x2)'06,Riverside Theater '08(EV),ChicagoII '09, PJ20-Alpine Valley 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Voodoo Fest '13 (New Orleans), Milwaukee '14, Wrigley 1,2 '16
  • A copy of the show can be found here if anybody needs one:

http://dp-rearviewmirror.blogspot.com/2 ... ber-8.html
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    is Ice Bowl an informal nickname for the venue..or show?

describe it for us!
    broloco wrote:

describe it for us!

The Ice Bowl is a nickname for the 1967 NFL Championship game between the Packers and Cowboys. Game time temp was -13 degrees. The show at Alpine that night was 26 degrees. After a couple of songs Ed says "Good evening....welcome to the Ice Bowl".
    Summerfest '95,Alpine '98,Ice Bowl(Alpine'00),Alpine'03,Chicago'06,Summerfest(x2)'06,Riverside Theater '08(EV),ChicagoII '09, PJ20-Alpine Valley 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Voodoo Fest '13 (New Orleans), Milwaukee '14, Wrigley 1,2 '16
  • brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    Payson wrote:
    broloco wrote:

describe it for us!

The Ice Bowl is a nickname for the 1967 NFL Championship game between the Packers and Cowboys. Game time temp was -13 degrees. The show at Alpine that night was 26 degrees. After a couple of songs Ed says "Good evening....welcome to the Ice Bowl".

chill. thanks!
  • ten years ... darn cold show though awesome ... feels like yesterday ... all those yesterdays ... : )
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    I believe this show has been overrated. I was there, and yes, it is one of my most memorable shows. This is because of how cold it was though. I'll never forget thinking that the band must be saying "we'll never fuck up and schedule an outdoor show in Wisconsin this late again". The show was great, although I don't think I've ever seen a bad PJ show. Compared with other shows I've seen though, it was way too short. I understand that it was cold, but I still remember thinking it was too short, and if we were willing to stay, so should the band. There were a lot of songs played, but they seemed like they were playing at a faster pace.

This all could just be in my head, and it was a normal length show that was just that great, that it seemed like it went by too fast. At any rate, I'll never forget it.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
    Kevinman wrote:
    I believe this show has been overrated. I was there, and yes, it is one of my most memorable shows. This is because of how cold it was though. I'll never forget thinking that the band must be saying "we'll never fuck up and schedule an outdoor show in Wisconsin this late again". The show was great, although I don't think I've ever seen a bad PJ show. Compared with other shows I've seen though, it was way too short. I understand that it was cold, but I still remember thinking it was too short, and if we were willing to stay, so should the band. There were a lot of songs played, but they seemed like they were playing at a faster pace.

This all could just be in my head, and it was a normal length show that was just that great, that it seemed like it went by too fast. At any rate, I'll never forget it.

I agree to some extent. I can remember thinking that it was kind of a short show, maybe it's because of only 1 encore set. I looked at the setlist and to my surprise it was 26 songs. I thought for sure it was going to be less.
  • DM44143DM44143 Posts: 73
    Kevinman wrote:

The show went over two hours, so while not long by PJ standards it wasn't real short. I may have seemed a bit short with RVM closing, I remember being suprised there was not a follow up. I was just happy the show wasn't cancelled. I thought I was tailgating before a Big 10 football game. Everyone in stocking hats and gloves while drinking.
  • chuck nevittchuck nevitt Posts: 247
    One of the best .