Captian Jack Sparrow to the Rescue

BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
edited October 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46952

Depp's pretty F'n Cool!

Seems Johnny Depp showed up in a London primary school (donning full pirate attire and in character as Captain Jack Sparrow) in answer to a message he'd received from a nine year old student there asking Captain Jack to lead a mutiny against teachers.

Yes, this story would be far more interesting if Captain Jack had actually laid siege to the school, expedited said mutiny, or whisked the girl away to the PIRATES 4 set. Imagine a parent's response to that uncomfortable and awkward phone call from the school: "Your daughter has been kidnapped by Captain. Jack. Sparrow."

Still, this is cool. A publicity stunt? Absolutely. But a damn fun one, an admirable and classy move by Mister Depp, and most certainly a magical moment that the kids in that school will never, ever forget.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Saw this on the news this morning. Thumbs up for him!! Must have made the kid's day.
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    Awesome!! I love Johnny.
  • number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    I wonder if I write him a letter if he would come to my school and take over and wisk me away? There would be absolutely no complaints from me. He is my favorite. I think I will give go and give it a try.