Who's to blame?

edited October 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Sounds like there is a lot of blame to go around in these cases. From the school, to the parents of the other kids, to the kids themselves.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    I've been there bullied through 7 grade mainly due to being placed a grade ahead. Therefore being much younger than everyone else and with a slight accent I was picked and tormented to no end. My mother was too busy trying to take care of 3 children by herself, I was on my own. So after a year of this I would take NO-MORE. I picked out the weakest one of the bullies ( bucked tooth kid named Juan). One day they went too far and I lost it and I beat the living daylights out of this kid, I mean I went ballistic to point they thought I was crazy.

I was suspended for 3 days reduced to 1 after I told the administration what was happening and my good grades helped. I however was more afraid of what my mother was going to do to me, but she understood and didn't whip my butt.

As far as today it's far worse and I really don't know if what i did would be the correct thing to do. In my time that was the 70's and fists were used but today kids bring knives and even guns to school so who knows what is the thing to do. One thing can be done is to monitor your children closely and if you see a disinterest in school or a drop in grades find out what could be wrong.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)