I'm a criminal... I think!

nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
edited October 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
The ugly police officer with bad teeth looked extremely pleased with himself as he looked at me and said "anything you say may be taken down and used in evidence against you". I was ecstatic, I'd never had this said to me before. My crime was doing 42mph in a 30mph limit about 3 hours ago. It didn't matter that it was down a lane near my house that has no roads or driveways leading on to it and that I could do 60 down there and be of no danger to anyone. No, this is the great British police force fund raising.

The only funny part was me getting fed up with sitting in the car and getting out. Suddenly he was no longer like a bird of prey with it's victim but with someone 6 inches taller and at least 30lbs heavier. He took 3 steps back... priceless. I was tempted to see if he could swim in the canal, or ask him when he was going to get a proper job, or ask if he was looking for a promotion to a traffic warden but I just glared and said nothing.

I will however dig out some print outs that show hundreds of police have been let off speeding offences and send them to the chief constable of Hampshire asking for an explanation. And keep on sending until I get an explanation. Wankers!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    They still don't carry guns over there, I take it?

Don't try that in the states, unless you fancy a few more holes in ya.

;)
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    My mate was out of town and was a passenger in a car (his car) and cops pulled them over. The person driving only had his learners licence and my mate was drinking (which is illegal) so cops said they weren't allowed to drive the car blah blah and the learner got a fine. They'd been pulled over right near the cop shop funnily enough. They had dogs in the car and the car was in direct sun so my mate decided to put the keys in the ignition and push the car to the shady park just a very short distance up the road so they could get the dogs out of the sun, have a rest for a few hours and drive home. Cops came out -- charged him with drink driving -- even though he was pushing the car! :lol::lol::lol: Fuck I laughed!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • you can come here..noone give a shit whats your speed is...they have a ...coffee break during the whole shift.. :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    My mate was out of town and was a passenger in a car (his car) and cops pulled them over. The person driving only had his learners licence and my mate was drinking (which is illegal) so cops said they weren't allowed to drive the car blah blah and the learner got a fine. They'd been pulled over right near the cop shop funnily enough. They had dogs in the car and the car was in direct sun so my mate decided to put the keys in the ignition and push the car to the shady park just a very short distance up the road so they could get the dogs out of the sun, have a rest for a few hours and drive home. Cops came out -- charged him with drink driving -- even though he was pushing the car! :lol::lol::lol: Fuck I laughed!
    That is funny but anger inspiring at the same time. :lol:
    you can come here..noone give a shit whats your speed is...they have a ...coffee break during the whole shift.. :lol:
    D! I have driven in Greece and I know how you guys drive! :shock:

I once drove around the Pelion peninsular and at the end my face and knuckles were white. I think it took me an hour and a few beers to recover. Cliff side roads with no barriers, memorials to the dead... it was insane! :o
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,709
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Here in the US you can be charged with drunk driving if the keys are in the igniton and you're behind the wheel...car doesn't have to be turned on.
    My employer's daughter was arrested for it while sleeping in her car. She was parked, car was off, but keys were in the ignition.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Poncier wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Here in the US you can be charged with drunk driving if the keys are in the igniton and you're behind the wheel...car doesn't have to be turned on.
    My employer's daughter was arrested for it while sleeping in her car. She was parked, car was off, but keys were in the ignition.
    I think in Canada you get charged if you even have the keys in your possession.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    you can come here..noone give a shit whats your speed is...they have a ...coffee break during the whole shift.. :lol:

it's not much difference here. turn left on red? sure. do 80 in a 55 on the "expressway" no worries. the best is fighting the cabs downtown. yikes.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Poncier wrote:

that's pretty crappy when they do that. you are doing the right thing and sleeping it off, yet you still get busted.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980

;)

Not to mention the tazing, pepper spray, and billy club action. We're pretty thorough around here...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    eyedclaar wrote:

;)

Not to mention the tazing, pepper spray, and billy club action. We're pretty thorough around here...
    They're too rough over your place. No guns over here unless it's for shooting innocent tourists. All I received was a vicious smack of his handbag and a puckered lipped ticking off.
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I had a mate during the week have a serious accident when a speeding driver crashed into him, t-Boned him. Witnesses say that when they got to the car, they were expecting that my friend would have been killed.

So please, slow down. Not being a dick, but my best mate was a bees dick away from being killed this week...

But, having said that, we all experience fuck head cops. If it wasn't for their badge and their title, well, I'm sure there would be a few more in the river..... And with black eyes....
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • nuffingman wrote:

I once drove around the Pelion peninsular and at the end my face and knuckles were white. I think it took me an hour and a few beers to recover. Cliff side roads with no barriers, memorials to the dead... it was insane! :o
    Pelion!!!ha ha!u was in my home town then!!!Volos baby!!!and yes i know about memorials..there are everywhere...
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    nuffingman wrote:

Pelion!!!ha ha!u was in my home town then!!!Volos baby!!!and yes i know about memorials..there are everywhere...
    :lol: We flew into Volos and were told to put our cameras away as it was military. Pelion is gorgeous but scary roads. :?
    I think we stayed at a place called Afissos at Easter time. It was brilliant.
  • nuffingman wrote:
    :lol: We flew into Volos and were told to put our cameras away as it was military. Pelion is gorgeous but scary roads. :?
    I think we stayed at a place called Afissos at Easter time. It was brilliant.
    yeah..i was at that base for 7 years.its in Anchialos.i probably go back in the future..
    and Afissos is the beach i go with my friends in the summer!! :)