Anybody have a jailbroken iPhone?

Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
edited October 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
What are the benefits to jailbreaking? I googled my question but didn't get the answer I was looking for. Is there any way to view flash content and flash movies. Is it true if you restore a jail broken phone that it deletes all your pics/videos and contacts? Can you use the apple apps after u jb the iPhone? Would there be any reason to restore my phone after it's jb? Does the iPhone run slower once it's jb? Any glitches once it's jb?
I'll be back
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    you can use it on other carriers.

you can install non apple apple store apps

no flash. you need froyo on an android for flash. flash on a phone is ok for movie watching or radio streaming. it sucks for anything that you need to touch the screen for.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dccrash23dccrash23 Posts: 160
    Jbing your phone is taking a big risk, once your phone is jail broken you void the warrant on it. I jail broke mine once, it was fun with all the apps and freedom you have with it, but over time it did slow down and it eventually crashed and i lost all my music, photos, and etc. I was lucky enough to get to restore it to factory settings. Its back to normal now and it works good but i'm not going to try and jb again. If you are very tech savoy than i would say go for it, but if not it can be a very big headache.
    Calgary 08/08/09
    Calgary 21/09/11
    Edmonton 23/09/11
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I never cared for it. I have an ipod touch, an iphone 3GS and now the iphone 4 and I never saw a need for it. Especially with the iphone 4 since it does so much more anyway.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Had a 3G and besides being able install custom themes and apps, it's nothing really.

Although an iPhone is a lot easier to restore than an Android device.

I miss my iPhone but i'm happy with my Droid Incredible
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I have one. I primarily use it for custom themes and spoofing my location so I can watch live Yankee games on the MLB app. (blacked out in CT). I agree that If you aren't tech savvy you should stay away. Alot of the crashing comes from "cracked" cydia apps that aren't from the official developers. I always pay for mine so I don't have to worry about the crashing