do you think this is flirting?

Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
edited March 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
i work with this guy that has an enormous ego, if a girl just smiles at him it means she wants him. really, all it takes is a cashier at a gas station to say she liked his shirt for him to come back telling me how she was coming on to him. about two months ago a lesbian at work said she liked my shirt and i kept joking with him saying i must have turned her straight and kept bringing it up all that night, he kept act really dismissive saying maybe she just liked my shirt and that's it. i didn't really think i turned her straight, i just thought it was funny to mess with him.

so anyways, his hair is about to his shoulders and for about a week he's been wearing it in a pony tail and tonight a female coworker said "your hair looks nice like that" and he wouldn't let it drop how this meant she was coming on to him and kept asking for affirmation from me. not seeing how it happened or the body language i said "it's possible" and this seemed to make him mad and he kept trying to make his case how it HAD to mean she wants him, which really made no sense. maybe it's just me but sometimes people are just being nice and it doesn't mean they want to fuck you. and i don't think those words alone mean they are being flirtatious.
don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    your dude is a goofy bastard
    it could be flirting, yes.
    either way your guy is fucked in the head.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    i work with this guy that has an enormous ego, if a girl just smiles at him it means she wants him. really, all it takes is a cashier at a gas station to say she liked his shirt for him to come back telling me how she was coming on to him. about two months ago a lesbian at work said she liked my shirt and i kept joking with him saying i must have turned her straight and kept bringing it up all that night, he kept act really dismissive saying maybe she just liked my shirt and that's it. i didn't really think i turned her straight, i just thought it was funny to mess with him.

so anyways, his hair is about to his shoulders and for about a week he's been wearing it in a pony tail and tonight a female coworker said "your hair looks nice like that" and he wouldn't let it drop how this meant she was coming on to him and kept asking for affirmation from me. not seeing how it happened or the body language i said "it's possible" and this seemed to make him mad and he kept trying to make his case how it HAD to mean she wants him, which really made no sense. maybe it's just me but sometimes people are just being nice and it doesn't mean they want to fuck you. and i don't think those words alone mean they are being flirtatious.

You work with Dunk?
  • great stuff.
    I can't wait to see tomorrow's episode.
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I would jokingly say to my mates if someone said that to me

'ah she wants me'

But no it is not flirting. Girls are so much more open about giving compliments about fashion, hair cologne.

Tell the bloke to eat some cement, and harden the fuck up.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • There are a few different directions i would like to go with my response. however this seems like the type of thing that a person shouldn't put too much thought into - which is what your friend is doing an it appears he has pulled you down with him.
    it may or may not be flirting - these women may or may not be interested.
    there is only one way to find out
    A - always
    B - be
    C- closing

Always be closing! 8-)

tell your friend i said he doesn't get any fucking coffee - coffee is for closers.

peace
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    pjfan31 wrote:
    I would jokingly say to my mates if someone said that to me

'ah she wants me'

But no it is not flirting. Girls are so much more open about giving compliments about fashion, hair cologne.

Tell the bloke to eat some cement, and harden the fuck up.

That's the problem he already is....all day.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

You work with Dunk?

if he did then that lesbian would be pregnant right about ...................... now.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    dunkman wrote:

You work with Dunk?

if he did then that lesbian would be pregnant right about ...................... now.

Geez, that was quick. You know there's a nasal spray to help you go for longer....
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • dunkman wrote:

You work with Dunk?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I have a feeling he could be hot ;)
    but its very unattractive when a person knows this about themselves
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Geez, that was quick. You know there's a nasal spray to help you go for longer....

i dont use my nose for sex but thanks for the tip.... which is what the prostitute said to the leper
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • A chick once rubbed my penis, do you think she was flirting?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    A chick once rubbed my penis, do you think she was flirting?

nah, most likely blind and looking for a golf tee.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    dunkman wrote:

To rest her balls on? Titleist, most likely.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435

i think your friend is not real popular with the ladies and uses any compliment to make him feel better about himself. but that's just my opinion. and without seeing body language of the girl hard to say if flirting or not
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    It sounds to me as if you're flirting with him ;)
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    You're apparently close enough to him that he thinks you are in his inner circle of informants, confidants and ego waxers, so try the same compliments on him and see where it goes from there. ;)

sounds like a good episode for the Office...
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Are you flirting with me?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,601

i'll be honest with you: this guy sucks
    www.myspace.com
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    I don't know, he could be right. I was at the store with a buddy and the cashier was chatting him up and saying he had a nice shirt. Then it was my turn to pay and it was like I said a dead baby joke.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    She just wanted a beer. I hate it when they know how to use us!
  • chadwick wrote:
    your dude is a goofy bastard
    it could be flirting, yes.
    either way your guy is fucked in the head.
    This.
    My Pearl Jam shows: 1 in 1995, 2 in 1998, 20 in 2003, 13 in 2006, 3 in 2007, 8 in 2008, 5 in 2009, 4 in 2010, 5 in 2012. EV: 8 in 2011, 1 in 2012. Brad: 1 in 1998, 1 in 2002.
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    it doesn't 'get to me', i really don't have to interact with him that often at work, it just gets annoying the level of ego to think every little thing is a come on to him and how mad he got when i said it was only possible that she was coming on to him. like i said, it depends on how it was said. if it was just a casual comment or was she slightly biting her lip after saying it? i'm friends with plenty of girls and they've all told me stories about how an innocent remark just trying to be nice was misinterpreted as them having an interest or wanting them.

and i wouldn't say he's hot, he has a pretty thick unibrow, is slightly cross eyed and sometimes, depending on the shirt he wears, you can see tufts of hair from his back....but maybe that's your thing, in that case i'll get his xbox and ps3 gamer tag for ya ;)
    don't compete; coexist

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    dunkman wrote:

:lol:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • sounds awfully insecure to me.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    dunkman wrote:

You work with Dunk?

maybe we're related, dunk? or maybe that guy was right? or maybe a combination of the two.....

after work the other day i was havin a smoke with a guy that works in the same area as that lesbian....he said they hung out the other weekend and despite being a lesbian she is "crushing on (me) really bad". he seems to think she would make an exception for me.
    don't compete; coexist

• ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Paul David wrote:
    sounds awfully insecure to me.
    this :thumbup:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • he seems to think she would make an exception for me.
    awesome!
    that has to boost the old self esteem a tad :lol:

and by the way, i have long hair and women LOVE me....

:lol:
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135

This is a perfect example of why, when it comes to any guy under 30, I have stopped talking to them directly or looking them in the eye. I'm 32 and female. They're just too immature at that age to even try and have a normal conversation with. I used to work with kids like this. You can't even talk to them about work-related things without them turning it into something else.
    This is a perfect example of why, when it comes to any guy under 30, I have stopped talking to them directly or looking them in the eye. I'm 32 and female. They're just too immature at that age to even try and have a normal conversation with. I used to work with kids like this. You can't even talk to them about work-related things without them turning it into something else.

i'm 36 and I totally understand where you are coming from... although to be honest if you were facing away from me right now I'd try and ping your bra strap.