Recurring Illnesses & Conditions

JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
edited October 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Whatcha got?

What do you take?

(please, no mockery, or debates about overmedicaiding, etc!)

I have:

Asthma ( a few flare-ups every year)
Slight Derpression
Moderate ADHD
Occassional Social Phobia/Anxiety

I take:

Ritalin
Xanax
Welbutrin
Celexa
Ambien

(too bad they don't give volume discounts on meds!)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    edited October 2010
    I have allergies

I take Xyzal and occassionally a nasal spray like Flonase

Edit : Also PHILLIES PHEVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)
    Post edited by Phantom Pain on
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Epicondylitis, getting steroid shot number 2 next week but I don't have much hope.
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I am so boring. I used to have allergies and would take fexofenidine, but haven't had them for the past two years.

I'm saving myself for a massive coronary and a couple of amps of epinephrine served with an amiodarone chaser.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I'm perfectly normal and take nothing.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    mild anxiety
    allergies

fruits,veggies, and exercise
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Sinusitis

Was really bad infections every 3 weeks....not good.

Nasonex, codiene, and constant antibiotics.

But had sinus reconstruction and adenoidectomy last week, so hopefully that will be the end of them.
    Must say I cannot ever remember being able to breath so well. Had splints removed today, so waiting for swelling to go down and re-learn to nose breath. :D
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    nothing at all.

can i just add that i find it weird that some of you Americans not only know the names of lots of drugs but that you can all actually spell them properly as well...

i know you asked for no lectures about over-medicating but you guys seem to take a lot of shit for the mildest of complaints :o:o

i.e. my wife and my eldest have allergies to dust, animals and pollen.

medicines:- inhaler as and when required, clean the house, avoid animals... ehhhh thats it.

if they lived in America she'd be on a saline drip and live in one of those plastic bubble thingies
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    I'm allergic to metal/nickle/aluminum. Simple things like loose change, door handles, rusty stuff,etc. Because of this allergy, I'm not suppost to be in the sun! I take zero medication and I'm ALWAYS in the sun.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • I have an nickel allergy and an allergy to certain hygiene products such as face creams, washing powders etc... I'm also (oddly) intolerant to green tea... it instantly gives me stomach cramps and makes me vom.

I suffer from eczema and use a mild steroid cream when it flares up.

I have an immune system disorder called Henoch–Schönlein purpura which hasn't (*touches wood*) flared since I was about 16. I stopped taking drugs for it when I was 19 and I was told that it's something that may re-occur but we have to deal with it if and when that happens... it nearly killed me when I was 12; I had one of the worst cases ever seen.

I also suffer from depression but I refuse to have prescribed 'help' with it.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Whatcha got?

What do you take?

I have:

Slight Derpression
    Moderate ADHD

I take:

Ritalin
    Xanax
    Welbutrin
    Celexa
    Ambien

seriously... why do you take those drugs when, by your admission, the illnesses/conditions you have are "slight" "occasional" "moderate" and "a few flare ups" ?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Laziness.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    I take simvastatin for high cholesterol. In addition to that, I've changed my diet and exercise more so that hopefully I won't have to be on the medication for too long.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    lamictal for seizures
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    dunkman wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Whatcha got?

What do you take?

I have:

Slight Derpression
    Moderate ADHD

I take:

Ritalin
    Xanax
    Welbutrin
    Celexa
    Ambien

seriously... why do you take those drugs when, by your admission, the illnesses/conditions you have are "slight" "occasional" "moderate" and "a few flare ups" ?

I know I am probably (ok, maybe not probably!) over medicated, but, my job (chartered accountant) requires that I be able to focus on detail-oriented deadlines; it has always been a struggle, and perhaps I shouldn't have gone into this line of work. The meds help me get my work done on time, and keep me from having panic attacks during deadline periods. Part of my job is to hang with some of my clients in crowded social situations (backstage, crowded festivals, etc.)...the Xanax helps prevent panic attacks, which I often get in such situations.

Celexa and Welbutrin help prevent depression, and this allows me to live a happier life. I used to fall into my own little shell when I was around people, and I would often mentally shut-down when I was out on dates. I still fall into such holes at times, but the meds help me in such situations.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I have nothing and I'm on nothing.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"