Best "Black" tag??

13»

Comments

• sheila0225 wrote:
    please people understand.. :mrgreen:

Oh...I understand alright. I can listen to this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and not get sick of it. It's the same but different all the time. :mrgreen:
    i wass talking about the Atlanta tag..but you are right girl.. :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Anyone know where I can get the whole show from Marseille, France 9/9/06? http://www.pearljambootlegs.org/ doesn't have Black on there & it also doesn't have a few songs from both the encores for some reason.
  • hanjennihanjenni Posts: 174
    aski wrote:
    hi all!

ok, here's the thing; the song Black has always been a favourite of mine, way back since I first heard Ten in 1991. Now, over the years we all know how the song evolved, now featuring the extended heart-breaking guitar solo from Mike, and maybe even more heart-breaking; the tags.

i have listened through all of my bootlegs (i miss a couple from 2007/2008 featuring the song Black) and transcribed as best as I could every tag Ed has sung.

my favourites so far are Ottawa 2005 and Pittsburg 2006 (it sounds like he's crying at the end)

here you go!

** Black tags **

2005 Tour

04.09.05: We belong, we belong together, together
    We belong, we belong, we belong, we belong…

08.09.05: We didn’t belong, we didn’t belong, together...

15.09.05: We belong, we belong, we belong together, together, together
    We, we…

16.09.05: All the stars in the sky, thought you were up in mine, still I wonder, I wonder, I wonder… You are so long gone, we’ve all come along, still I wonder, still I wonder. (?) brother I know you’re there, somewhere, I wonder, I still wonder…

19.09.05: We belong, we belong, we belong together, together, together
    Belong…

20.09.05: Get out and don’t come back no more, get out and don’t come back no more, get out and don’t come back, get out and don’t come back no more, more

24.09.05: I’m glad that you’re gone, I’m so glad that you’re gone, so glad that you’re gone, you’re gone, you’re gone, you’re gone

25.11.05: We belong, we belong, together, we belong, we belong, together, yeah

26.11.05: From up here it’s so beautiful, so…

02.11.05: Thank you for coming after all these years, thank you! Thanks for listening, thanks for singing! We’d like to thank Mudhoney for playing tonight! We’d like to thank nature and earth for keeping everything cool. It’s better than Seattle, this is better than Seattle. And next time maybe two or three years, not fifteen! Maybe one! But really, you made a sad song very happy song for us, so thank you very much! Thank you for everything, thank you! Abrigado! Abrigado Sao Paulo!

07.12.05: We belong, we belong, together, together, we belong, we belong, together

09.12.05: We belong, we belong together, together, we belong, we belong together, we belong, together, yeah

10.12.05: We belong, we belong together, together, we belong, we belong together, together

2006 Tour

13.05.06: We belong, we belong, together, together, together, we belong, we belong together

16.05.06: We belong, we belong, together, together, we belong, we belong…

20.05.06: We belong, we belong together, together, we belong, we belong together, together, together, we belong, we belong, we belong…

25.05.06: We belong, we belong, together, together, we belong, we belong, we belong together, together, forever, together, together, together

28.05.06: So lonely, so lonely, so lonely, so hold me, so lonely, so lonely…
    We belong, we belong, together, together, we belong, together…

03.06.06: Don’t you see, don’t you see, we belong together, we belong, we belong, we belong together, together, we belong, we belong together…

23.06.06: We belong, we belong together, together, we belong, we belong together, we’ll be apart, we’ll be apart forever, forever, forever, forever, forever… It’s ok, that’s ok, that’s ok, it’s ok, it’s ok, I love anyway, it’s ok, it’s ok, I love you anyway

27.06.06: We belong, we belong together, we belong, we belong, we belong together, together, together

03.07.06: We belong, we belong, together, together. We belong together, together, we belong…

06.07.06: I’ll be here, come back, I’ll be here, come back, I’ll be here, come back, come back…

09.07.06: We belong, we belong, together, together, together, we belong, we belong together, together, we belong, we belong….

13.07.06: You take the pain away, when you say, you take the pain away, when I hear you say, take the pain away, when I hear you say…

22.07.06: Make the pain, make the pain go away, make the pain go away, help the pain get away…

23.08.06: Hear me, you hear me, heal me… Heal me. Heal me. We belong, we belong, together, together, we belong, we belong

30.08.06: We belong, we belong, together, together. We belong, we belong, together…

01.09.06: We belong, we belong, together, together. We belong, we belong, together, together.

02.09.06: We belong, we belong together, together. We belong…

04.09.06: We belong, we belong together, together, together. We belong, we belong, together, together. We belong, we belong…

05.09.06: We belong, we belong, we belong together, together, together. We belong, we belong together, together, together, together…

07.09.06: We belong together. We belong, we belong together, together, together. We belong, we belong together. Just wanna be, just wanna be together, forever, together, together, forever, together…

09.09.06: This love, I will remember forever. This love, I will remember forever. And that is why, I’m lying, when I say I don’t love you, don’t love you no more, don’t love you no more, no more, no more, no more, no more. We don’t belong, we don’t belong, together, together. We don’t belong, we don’t belong together.

11.09.06: Long gone, long gone, we didn’t belong, we didn’t belong, together, together, together. Didn’t belong, didn’t belong together…

14.09.06: Ah we belong, we belong, together, together, together. We belong, we belong together, together, together, together, together, together, together, together, together...

17.09.06: Heal the wounds by the broken heart, heal the wounds, heal the wounds, heal the wounds…

19.09.06: We belong, we belong together, together, together. We belong, we belong together. Ah we belong, we belong together, we belong, we belong together…

20.09.06: I long to be a good man, don’t want you to be a bad woman. That is why I’m lyin’ when I say I don’t love you no more, I’m lyin’ when I say, that I don’t love you no more, no more, no more. No more, no more… We belong, we belong together, together, oh we belong, we belong together, together, together… We… Together, together…

23.09.06: Time heals the wounds, no one can see. Time heals the wounds no one can see. But my memories, my memories won’t let me back. My memories won’t let me be… Heal, heal heal… We belong, we belong together, together, together. We belong, we belong together, together, together. We belong…

26.09.06: We belong, we belong, together, together, together. We belong, we belong together, together, together. We belong, we belong together, together…

30.09.06: We don’t belong, we don’t belong, together, together, together. We don’t belong, we don’t belong together, together, together, together.

07.11.06: Oh, my dream world is just about to end, my dream world is just about to end. We belong, we belong together, we belong, we belong together, together, together, together, together! We belong…

10.11.06: Time heals the wounds that no one can see. Time heals, time heals, time heals… the wounds that no one can see, time heals… We didn’t belong, we didn’t belong together, together, together, no we didn’t belong, we didn’t belong together, together, together. We didn’t belong…

13.11.06: Pain, pain, pain, pain… Come let your dogs loose upon me, come let your ship sail on me. We belong, we belong together, together, together. We belong, we belong together, together, together, together, together, together…

16.11.06: Somebody help me, somebody love me, somebody help me… Pull me up, pull me out, pull me up and pull me out… We didn’t belong, we didn’t belong together, together, together. We didn’t belong together, together. We belong…

21.11.06: Come back, come back, come back, come back… Come back, come back, come back, come back, come back oh oh… We belong, we belong together, together, together. We belong, we belong together…

25.11.06: We belong, we belong together, together. We belong, we belong together, together, together, together, together, together…

02.12.06: We belong, we belong together, together, together. We belong, we belong together, together. We belong, we belong…

2007 Tour

24.06.07: We belong, baby we belong together, together. We belong, we belong together, together. We belong… Or maybe we don’t belong, maybe we don’t belong, so for the better, so for the better, so for the better…

26.06.07: Oh look at all, all the lonely people, oh look at all, look at all the lovely people, look at all, look at all the beautiful people, beautiful people, beautiful people, beautiful people. We belong, we belong together, together. We belong, we belong together, together, together…

2008 Tour

14.06.08: We didn’t belong, we didn’t belong, belong, together, together. Didn’t belong, didn’t belong, together, together.

22.06.08: I thought we’d belong, thought we’d belong, together, together, together. Thought we’d belong, but I was wrong together, together, together, together. It’s alright, it’s alright, it’s alright, it’s alright, it’s alright, it’s alright, it’s alright…

thank you for this!!! i have just been paying attention to the black tags the last few weeks, after i caught this one on PJ radio the other day:

"10.11.06: Time heals the wounds that no one can see. Time heals, time heals, time heals… the wounds that no one can see, time heals… We didn’t belong, we didn’t belong together, together, together, no we didn’t belong, we didn’t belong together, together, together. We didn’t belong…"

i think this is more fitting than the we belong, and i like the time heals wounds part...
    "How I choose to feel,... Is how I am."

after 20 years of waiting: EV Fox Theatre Detroit-6/26/11;Alpine Valley-9/3/11 & 9/4/11;Toronto-9/11/11;Music Midtown-8/22/12;London, Ontario-7/16/13;Wrigley Field, Chicago-7/19/13
  • hanjenni wrote:

thank you for this!!! i have just been paying attention to the black tags the last few weeks, after i caught this one on PJ radio the other day:

"10.11.06: Time heals the wounds that no one can see. Time heals, time heals, time heals… the wounds that no one can see, time heals… We didn’t belong, we didn’t belong together, together, together, no we didn’t belong, we didn’t belong together, together, together. We didn’t belong…"

i think this is more fitting than the we belong, and i like the time heals wounds part...
    yeah the one from Brisbane, Australia
    i believe the same..we dont belong fits better..but you know what...?
    lifes comes one day,and punch u in the head,that there is no time to waste..and you need to let your self to believe there is out there the one you belong together..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

MADRID 2007......
    what could it been ,what could it been,we never be ,we you could been here,i could been there,i wanna be here,,its alright,,its alright..and i sing tururutu tururu

• sven82sven82 Posts: 152
    Berlin, 23.09.06: Time heals the wounds, no one can see. Time heals the wounds no one can see. But my memories, my memories won’t let me back. My memories won’t let me be… Heal, heal heal… We belong, we belong together, together, together. We belong, we belong together, together, together. We belong…

Highly recommended!
    “There's no such thing as a soul. It's just something they made up to scare kids, like the boogeyman or Michael Jackson.” <em>Bart Simpson</em>
    "Never eat more than you can carry" <em>Miss Piggy</em>
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours" <em>Stephen Roberts</em>
    "Retired? Fuck off, you're revolting. Look at your suntan, it's leather, it's like LEATHER MAN, your skin. We could make a fucking suitcase out of you. Like a crocodile, fat crocodile, fat bastard. You look like fucking Idi Amin, you know what I mean?" <em>Don Logan</em>
  • sven82 wrote:
    Berlin, 23.09.06: Time heals the wounds, no one can see. Time heals the wounds no one can see. But my memories, my memories won’t let me back. My memories won’t let me be… Heal, heal heal… We belong, we belong together, together, together. We belong, we belong together, together, together. We belong…

Highly recommended!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mptSle_PgFY

My memories won’t let me be… Heal......we belong together,....

best fuckin frikkin song in the history of music..

:D:D:D
  • sven82sven82 Posts: 152
    sven82 wrote:

Highly recommended!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mptSle_PgFY

My memories won’t let me be… Heal......we belong together,....

best fuckin frikkin song in the history of music..

:D:D:D
    so glad I was there :D , probably my best PJ moment so far...
    “There's no such thing as a soul. It's just something they made up to scare kids, like the boogeyman or Michael Jackson.” <em>Bart Simpson</em>
    "Never eat more than you can carry" <em>Miss Piggy</em>
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours" <em>Stephen Roberts</em>
    "Retired? Fuck off, you're revolting. Look at your suntan, it's leather, it's like LEATHER MAN, your skin. We could make a fucking suitcase out of you. Like a crocodile, fat crocodile, fat bastard. You look like fucking Idi Amin, you know what I mean?" <em>Don Logan</em>
  • 8-)
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfDIukHc ... re=related

Take my sadness away from me....

Take this pain away from me....

Oh, sing me to sleep.....

With just a melody...

Take it away.....

Take it away....

Take it away....
  • RoeghmannRoeghmann Posts: 968
    sven82 wrote:

Highly recommended!

YEAH!
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • Wow can't wait to dive into this thread too!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
  • marc34marc34 Posts: 221
    I am going to go way back with this one and see if anyone knows what show its from-

I had a bootleg cassette around 94/95 and it had a version of black on it with a tag something like-
    " i'll do it, I'll fucking do it..." We Belong, We belong together" I am pretty sure it was longer but the I'll do it part still sits with me. I lost the cassettes a long time ago but would love to find that version

It was from the 93 tour I think? Anyone?
    Hartford 96
    Mansfield 98 x 2
    Mansfield 00 x2
    Mansfield 03 x 3
    Boston 04 VFC x 2
    Hartford 06
    Boston 06 x 2
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield 08 x 2
    EV Boston 08 x 2
    Hartford 10
    Boston 10
    EV Providence 11
    EV Boston 11
    EV Hartford 11
    Worcester 13 x 2
    Hartford 13
    Buffalo 13
    Baltimore 13
    Fenway 2016 x 2
    Hot Stove 2017
    Fenway 2018 x 2
    marc34 wrote:
    I am going to go way back with this one and see if anyone knows what show its from-

I had a bootleg cassette around 94/95 and it had a version of black on it with a tag something like-
    " i'll do it, I'll fucking do it..." We Belong, We belong together" I am pretty sure it was longer but the I'll do it part still sits with me. I lost the cassettes a long time ago but would love to find that version

It was from the 93 tour I think? Anyone?
    7-14-1993 London-UK
  • oh..and London 10
    we belong together tag of ed on the Mike solo,was a "heavy metal version.." and then.
    "oh baby look me now,i say you are a star,oh baby look us now,make you cry,make us cry,
    we belong together..(and crowd singing why why can it be mine.). :)

this was the first time I saw the band, had liked them for years but all the previous UK dates(from 2006 onwards) were on exam days or I had no money etc. This was one of the greatest experiences of my life so far and was just so moving, and when eddie screams/ howls twice right at the end just felt like the perfect expression of pain in a song ever, not sure I explained that right but you know what I mean
    oh..and London 10
    we belong together tag of ed on the Mike solo,was a "heavy metal version.." and then.
    "oh baby look me now,i say you are a star,oh baby look us now,make you cry,make us cry,
    we belong together..(and crowd singing why why can it be mine.). :)

this was the first time I saw the band, had liked them for years but all the previous UK dates(from 2006 onwards) were on exam days or I had no money etc. This was one of the greatest experiences of my life so far and was just so moving, and when eddie screams/ howls twice right at the end just felt like the perfect expression of pain in a song ever, not sure I explained that right but you know what I mean
    thats the unique with this song..put out to everyone fellings,different each time but you understand how the other person feels!!..London 10 was one of the best version i ever saw,the huge park,50k + people,amazing solo,with one of my best friends,Mike sign this bootleg for me..so special show in so many different ways
  • jmay26jmay26 Posts: 11
    Charlotte 10-30-2013.