reclaiming

pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
edited June 2018 in All Encompassing Trip
 Please forgive me, son and husband.  Please forgive me.
Post edited by pickupyourwill on

Comments

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I am so lucky. Lowest maintenance MIL ever. Made sure Mr. Unlost knew how to cook, how to do his own laundry, and how to put the toilet seat down. That's really all I ask, and I thank her for that.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited April 2018
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    i love my mother in law, but wow....sometimes she drives me absolutely INSANE!!!! and my wife is beyond patient with her & her ways...when we start having kids, it's going to be interesting. (hopefully in a good way)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    edited April 2018
    mfc2006 wrote:...
  • vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,091
    Mother-in-laws can be a real pain in the ass, but so can in-laws in general. I have a friend who has the most AMAZING mother on the planet; he would be worth marrying just to have a mother-in-law like her. She is definitely a rare breed.
    We’ll meet again, but not yet…not yet. 
    edited April 2018
    vmfury wrote:...
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    mfc2006 wrote:
    i love my mother in law, but wow....sometimes she drives me absolutely INSANE!!!! and my wife is beyond patient with her & her ways...when we start having kids, it's going to be interesting. (hopefully in a good way)

I'm sorry to tell you this, but, the MIL's don't get better after kids. They just get more involved and nagging. But since you're the bread-winner, you're gold. Because then they don't have to support their daughter anymore :D ...or as much anyway.

the thing that's going to be interesting is we live in TX, as do my in-laws. (about 3 hours away) once my wife is done with grad school, we're moving to Seattle. we know this, they know this....but it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out b/c once we move, we're going to start a family. i'm sure there will be many fun conversations coming up. and i really do love my in-laws......but sometimes.....ugh. :?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    My MIL rocks and I think my hubby would say the same about his MIL :lol:

We're both very lucky. Although I think it definitely helps that we live in a different province, absence and all that ;):mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Both my mother in law-to-be and step mother in law-to-be are awesome... two very different people but both equally gorgeous. I get on well with both of them and I feel honoured to know I'm becoming part of their family :mrgreen:

I love my mum but I feel sorry for my hubby-to-be having her as a mother in law :lol:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    My first MIL was the witch from hell, a certifiable nut job. My 2nd was one of the most wonderful women on the planet. I should have a 3rd but my wife's mother died when she was young.

I do believe the saying "look at the mother because that is how your wife could turn out"
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    My mother in law is lovely. She also knows where the 'boundaries' are. :mrgreen:

On the other hand, my mother was hard work as a mother-in-law (pity my poor husband!).
  • you know that philosophy begin from my country..so ill trust them , the oldier people here say to me that the best mother-in-law is the dead one.. :lol::lol: ...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ok ok so do all you mil come in here . why you all being so nice about them all...i know pearl jam fans are getting older but come on..
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Because it's true thrilla!!! :mrgreen: My mother in law doesn't interfere or 'offer' me advice. I did let her buy ONE pink frilly dress for my daughter when she was a baby, just so she could get it out of her system (other grand kids are boys and she was desperate to be able to 'do' girlie!) but then I put my foot down. That was my major concession :mrgreen:
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    ok ok so do all you mil come in here . why you all being so nice about them all...i know pearl jam fans are getting older but come on..
    Does this mean you have a MIL you're not impressed with. I took my 2nd MIL to the theatre, we had a great time. Now if we had a thread called Wives I could really blow a gasket. :lol:
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Oh I love my MIL a lot but she is a MAJOR PIECE OF WORK!!!

My entry point to my experiences with her mother (who lives 7 hours away) when she was up for a conference in NY, out to lunch after 4 weeks of dating her daughter :shock:

My wife had no idea (and has since found out and would have broken up with me if she had known)

So she gets me out and tells me she thinks that I should marry her daughter but I should know some things to make sure she is very happy... Proceeds to tell me I am like a dog, and her daughter is like a cat :?

And it's been all down hill since :lol: ... now she loves me like a son and I would do anything for her but.... yeeeeeeesh...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • ugh.... mine is fucking crazy...

I could go into details, but it's not worth my time. The good news is that my wife knows she is nuts and besides obligatory family functions, we have little to do with her. It's sad, because my father in law is cool, but we don't get to see he a lot because we'd rather not go visit them because of her...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    My MIL is a great lady. She lives about 900 miles away, but when I see her, everything is fine. She has 11 grandchildren (ages 10 months to 19 years), and one great grandchild....they ALL live in the same town, so I'm thankful I don't get the 'When are you having kids' schpeel. :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    I love mine soooo much for helping with all she has, but sometimes... oy vey!

I'm with ya kid! the sad part is. she adores me. She praises me to her friends all the time. She can't say one good thing about her daughter and my wife does more for her than I ever do. I hurt for her.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    in 7 years of dating, i've met exactly one relative of my gf.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    81 wrote:

She is ashamed of you. Thankfully, we are not.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    81 wrote:

You are Sooo Lucky!
  • 81 wrote:

She is ashamed of you. Thankfully, we are not.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Mother-in-Laws, hmm what to say?

Cuckoo_for_Cocoa_Puffs.jpg

15635-Snobbish-Blond-Caucasian-Woman-In-A-Pink-Hat-And-Dress-Filing-Her-Nails-While-Ignoring-Everyone-Else-Clipart-Illustration.jpg

rebel-flag.jpg

and she wants me to call her Mom :lol::lol::lol:

ya i don't think so Ayn!
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378

rebel-flag.jpg

ya i don't think so Ayn!

She wears that? Does she have all her teeth?

rebel-flag.jpg

ya i don't think so Ayn!

She wears that? Does she have all her teeth?

Ironically she was a Dental Hygenist, so yes. But like i said Crazy Snobby Southern Aristocrat.

oh and it's not the Civil War, but the War of Northern Aggression, and it had nothing to do the Slavery.

Many a fun nights *Discussing* history.
  • Borat loves his mother in law.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,091
    vmfury wrote:
    Mother-in-laws can be a real pain in the ass, but so can in-laws in general. I have a friend who has the most AMAZING mother on the planet; he would be worth marrying just to have a mother-in-law like her. She is definitely a rare breed.

vmfury. I haven't seen that name around these parts in a long while! How the heck are ya, girl? :D

I know what you mean. Some moms seem heavenly. But every rose has its thorn, right? Eventually, you'd have some issues with her. Some moms put on a good show.

Well, hello there! I'm great! How about you?

I agree that people can put on a good show. Honestly, his mother is awesome. I have known her for half of my life and she is as close to an angel as a human being can get. It's mindblowing how wonderful she is.
    We’ll meet again, but not yet…not yet.