had my first seizure tuesday, should i see neurologist?

PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
edited October 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
im 17 and had my first seizure on Tuesday. Apparently I was convulsing for two minutes. Saw my doctor and only problems I have is my iron levels are low, my vitamin D is low, ferritin levels are low, which he said can contribute to brain function but i've researched seizures and doesn't seem like that would be the cause. I just hope I don't have another!! Do you think I should see a neurologist???
Shows:
Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Had my 1st @ 26

I had every test done and they didn't have a reason why

Had a 2nd a few months later

Started seeing one and was put on medication

Felt good and went a whole year w/out one

Thought I didn't need the meeds anymore...liKe an asshole mind you and stopped taking them

Few days later I had my third

Went to a different dr and was put on a different med. It's been 6 years clean

I go back to dr.in march and I should be able to ween off the med ...they say 5-6years is the magic number

Anyway it wouldn't hurt to see a dr.

If you don't and have another you def.will need some medication

Good luck and stay on top of it
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Yikes. That shit is no fun. Ive never had a problem but on the way to bonnaroo, my brother had one. He was all rigid and ended up having blood coming out of his mouth. Docs could never find the cause, so he takes meds daily now. Its been a while since his last
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    It never hurts to get more information. I had a friend who had a seizure in my basement and broke his jaw on the tile floor when he fell. Its scary stuff.
    PLAY THE SOUTH