Social Network

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited October 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
whars everyones opinion of the movie? Ive been waiting to see it forever, and minutes ago the movie ended. I thought it was great. Really well done, well told. David Fincher is amazing, Jesse Eisenberg and Justin Timberlake all give great performances.

Whats everyones opinion of Mark Zuckerberg? Is he evil? Or just a 18 year old kid who was and is way in over his head?

One of my main questions is, why the movie used the real names of all the players in the creation of the site, yet renamed Shaun Fanning the creator of Napster to Sean Parker?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• viewtopic.php?f=14&t=140829

my favorite part of the movie was definitely sorkins snappy dialogue... everyone had a good wit without it seeming unrealistic... thats really what made it hard to choose who was right in the end

it was pretty restrained stylistically for fincher except for the rowing scene... still had that quality throughout in small ways though

as far as the conflict(s) goes... the winklevoss' clearly didn't have the know-how to get the site going - nor do i think their idea was identical to what facebook would eventually become... nor did they really need the lawsuit money or fame... plus the movie made them into cliche 80's movie villains so i dismissed them pretty quickly

the triangle between zuckerberg, fanning, and saverin was really interesting though... facebook couldn't have been started without saverin's $$$ but who knows where the site would be without fannings connections... definitely not on a global scale so quickly

that last line from rashida jones really sums up the lasting impression of zuckerberg though

**SPOILER ALERT**

he wasn't an asshole, he was just trying to be... i know plenty of smart, nerdy people in the same boat... they've been the outcast for so long that eventually they cultivate a bitter, sarcastic persona that deserves to be alone

loved seeing him sit there refreshing the page though... he uses the monster he created the same way so many other broken hearts do around the world... thanks alot dick! :P
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/