Blackberry Torch

The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
anyone have it? thoughts? opinions? think i might be purchasing this......
www.myspace.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    Cant decide between the Torch the Samsung Captivate or the Sony Xperia..
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    EVO for the win. Trust me.

I've played with the Fascinate (verizon version). It's a fine phone. Worked well. although i do like HTC sense vs. Samsung touchwiz.

If you go android today, i would go EVO or EPIC (captivate on sprint w/ a slideout keyboard). Philly has 4g now and 4g kicks ass on phones. or if you want att android, i would wait until you get 4g (sometime next year i think is the rumor). verizon should have there version of 4g up and running late this year or early next.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    81 wrote:

I've played with the Fascinate (verizon version). It's a fine phone. Worked well. although i do like HTC sense vs. Samsung touchwiz.

If you go android today, i would go EVO or EPIC (captivate on sprint w/ a slideout keyboard). Philly has 4g now and 4g kicks ass on phones. or if you want att android, i would wait until you get 4g (sometime next year i think is the rumor). verizon should have there version of 4g up and running late this year or early next.

i don't speak chinese
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

i don't speak chinese

if you didn't understand that, you shouldn't be buying a phone.

just go to your best buy and say evo please. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    81 wrote:

I've read that 4G's roll out is first quarter of 2011, and by end of the year most of the market possibly? If you buy a 3G phone now, it's like buying the last tube-television 6 months before they stop offering them.

...btw, Philly has 4G on Verizon now, or another carrier? Aside from speed, is there a difference in reception - cutting thru walls better, etc?

And one thing to consider is I've seen a chart from Verizon of the end-of-life dates (as far as selling goes) for a lot of the new phones (Droid X, Droid Incredible and I think Droid 2) and they all will end sales of those phones on 3/31/10. I'd bet Verizon is about to roll out some amazing phones on 4/1/10, hopefully 4G, around that time, or maybe even an iphone.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
    sprint has 4g live in philly.

verizon should be coming up with some new stuff when they go live with 4g later this year or early next.

as for 4g, the big thing is speed. i typically get 4 megs down, 1 meg up on my phone. i've been as high as 9.3 megs down. the problem with 4g on sprint, is it doesn't play friendly with office buildings. outside my office, i get good speeds, in my office (with a window) it doesn't connect for shit. however, at home it works fine inside (wood framed house with alluminum siding). part of the reason 4g doesn't like office buildings is sprint uses wimax technology which has a short wave length which doesn't penetrate very well. verizon and att are building out an LTE network that uses a longer wave and should penetrate buildings better.

regardless of carrier or phone selection, i wouldn't buy a phone today that doesn't have 4g on it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i have att. when are they getting 4g in philly?

and i love the blackberry for the email integration. do other phones allow you to do that?

my f'ing trackball is screwed up. i don't know if i want to wait much longer to get something new...
    www.myspace.com
  • HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    Don't bother. Underpowered device with a lack of capabilities. Get an Android or iPhone device. Blackberry is like having one arm tied behind your back.
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13

and i love the blackberry for the email integration. do other phones allow you to do that?

my f'ing trackball is screwed up. i don't know if i want to wait much longer to get something new...

Define intergration. I have me hotmail sent to my phone. You can do gmail, yahoo or whatever. My company is testing corp email now (exchange)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Define intergration. I have me hotmail sent to my phone. You can do gmail, yahoo or whatever. My company is testing corp email now (exchange)

i honestly don't know shit about phones. you're saying you can get hotmail emails sent to you in a similar fashion as a text or something right?
    www.myspace.com
    Yesmy hotmails go to my phone. You can hook up multiple email accounts to your phone, or you can visit your email via the intetnet ifyou want. Think of these phones as computers that can make phone calls.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Yesmy hotmails go to my phone. You can hook up multiple email accounts to your phone, or you can visit your email via the intetnet ifyou want. Think of these phones as computers that can make phone calls.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

okay......maybe i phrased my last post wrong. i know more about these phones than your reply leads on. i just thought blackberry was the only one where emails work kind of like texts. obviously you can check them on the browser...
    www.myspace.com
    Blackberry pushs. I'm not sure what type push and which pull. That would need research, but i think exchange and something else push. In my case hotmail pulls. I ve got it set to check once per hour. If push/pull is important, youll need to research that
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Blackberry pushs. I'm not sure what type push and which pull. That would need research, but i think exchange and something else push. In my case hotmail pulls. I ve got it set to check once per hour. If push/pull is important, youll need to research that

what the hell are you talking about?
    www.myspace.com
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    81 wrote:

what the hell are you talking about?

Sounds like tug-o-war to me :? :lol:
    verizon info on LTE (4G)

if you are on verizon, or prefer verizon, i wouldn't touch a new phone until you see what is coming out in 3 months

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-a ... s-end-year
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    verizon info on LTE (4G)

if you are on verizon, or prefer verizon, i wouldn't touch a new phone until you see what is coming out in 3 months

now...does the android have a push email option?
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    verizon info on LTE (4G)

now...does the android have a push email option?

just found this

http://www.androidcentral.com/using-gma ... ail-server

i'm sure that the blackberry devices will end up with 4g as well, so if you don't want to switch software you won't have to. but trust me, you want 4g
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    trackball officially does not work. i'm not waiting any longer for 4g. f it.
    www.myspace.com
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    trackball officially does not work. i'm not waiting any longer for 4g. f it.
    my wife and I both upgraded to Samsung Captivates about two months ago...I still can't believe how much I can do with this thing..If you like full touch screen I highly recommend this phone.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• I have the torch. Love it.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"