Have you ever sent Fan Mail to Pearl JAM?

JoJo Posts: 2,098
edited October 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
:lol:

Did you???? :lol:

Be honest, because I've even wrote and still have a few cover letters introducing my crap but never send them and they are dated pre 1995... :lol:..

I want to send PJ my crazy writings....but I'm too cool. 8-)

Am I alone in this? Be honest.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Never posted anything to them. But I was convinced when I was on holiday in Barbados in about 1993 that I would bump into them on the beach :oops:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    no, I did write bands when I was younger, and always only got junk mail for their fan club...I became disillusioned... :cry: I do see in Deep mag, that PJ does read every letter and some people get return letters....I'm a terrible letter writer though.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Where would you send it? Just to the 10C and hope that it'll make it to them?

I've been saving newspaper clippings for a while now. Going to send something ransom style.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Claireack wrote:
    Never posted anything to them. But I was convinced when I was on holiday in Barbados in about 1993 that I would bump into them on the beach :oops:

Haha, I was convinced I would meet them on the penthouse pool decking of the nearest 'posh' hotel after Sydney concert 10 years ago... :oops:... and I stayed up till dawn....( double :oops: )
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Where would you send it? Just to the 10C and hope that it'll make it to them?

I've been saving newspaper clippings for a while now. Going to send something ransom style.

That's what I would think...on the 'Contact Us' link it says Send all fan letters and gifts to:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    No, but I did send them an invite to my wedding last year :)
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    BinFrog wrote:
    No, but I did send them an invite to my wedding last year :)

Cool! :P
    My PJ crazy friend reckons if I write to them and ask, they will come all the way to my house and do a gig for my 40th. He reckons PJ would do that because they could just go south a little bit for some of the best surf and wine in the world.
    I'm thinking I have a chance?....yes? :mrgreen:
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    The only person I ever wrote to was Pete Townshend and I received a very nice note back from him. That was back in 1989 and I’ve written to him several times since then and he always replies back to me and in a very timely manner. Even sent me a Christmas card one year.

He’s my favorite person in the world, so it’s a very cool thing for me.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :lol: invited to wedding. that's rich
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    So back in the early 90's I had a job where I read fan mail for a summer. Note that I said the early 90's. Read mail for Michael Jackson, Lionel Ritchie, Pee-Wee Herman, and Don Johnson.

These guys never got their mail (except Pee-Wee, he'd get the foil and rubber bands for his foil and rubber band ball on the show). You'd just look for threats, send those to legal, and then shred the rest. The only thing you'd do is get the address and send back a form letter to join the fan club.

A lot of 'normal' mail requesting autographs, etc. Some crazies (the letters from Jesus letters were postmarked from Oklahoma, and Satans Mistress lived in Japan). All in all, a very cool summer job.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    81 wrote:

PJ did send a lovely gravy boat from their registry.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    81 wrote:

Yeah but they forgot to include gravy so I sent it back.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    BinFrog wrote:
    81 wrote:

Yeah but they forgot to include gravy so I sent it back.

Not sending gravy? That's just poor upbringing right there.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    It's Stone's fault.
    It's Stone's fault.

Stone puts that shit on everything.
  • Dear Pearl Jam,

Why now u not sending gravy?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Dear Pearl Jam,

Why now u not sending gravy?

That never gets old, makes me chuckle every time :lol:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    JB wanted me to write and invite them on the boat... :? ....right.... :? :wtf:

but no no fan mail from me
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I have, I admit I wrote Jeff a letter years ago after meeting him.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I've never sent them fan mail, but i did once drive my car into Eddie Vedder's house. He wasn't home, but his security guard was.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,025
    edited October 2010
    I've never sent them fan mail, but i did once drive my car into Eddie Vedder's house. He wasn't home, but his security guard was.
    OH I remember that!!! He was at Lukins at the time, he's got a spot there you know. Anyway, as I remember the story, I think he went to the fridge and grabbed himself a beer.

I could be wrong though, he was telling that story very fast.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    merkinball wrote:
    So back in the early 90's I had a job where I read fan mail for a summer. Note that I said the early 90's. Read mail for Michael Jackson, Lionel Ritchie, Pee-Wee Herman, and Don Johnson.

These guys never got their mail (except Pee-Wee, he'd get the foil and rubber bands for his foil and rubber band ball on the show). You'd just look for threats, send those to legal, and then shred the rest. The only thing you'd do is get the address and send back a form letter to join the fan club.

A lot of 'normal' mail requesting autographs, etc. Some crazies (the letters from Jesus letters were postmarked from Oklahoma, and Satans Mistress lived in Japan). All in all, a very cool summer job.

that'd be a cool job.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg