Funny or weird habits!

pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Post a funny or weird habit you may have had in the past, or now.

explain, if you like..... your habit or reason for doing it

Comment on the last habit posted before yours. :D

mine....

I read magazines or catalogues from back to front!

I have no idea why :?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    nothing to crazy.

i have a thing for fours.

every now and then i'll step on a crack with one foot and have to balance that act with a crack with the other foot. not always tho.

if i'm first at a light i try to beat the car next to me off the line.

that's about it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    my Mom does the same thing, Pandora. she thinks that the least important articles are i nthe back so she like to get them out of the way.

when i start a session on the guitar, i always find myself playing PJ's "Insignificance" as a warm-up for some reason. yeah, i love the song...but aside from that, i don't know why i always play it. and if i forget and start another song, i usually stop once i realize it and start playing "Insignificance!"
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • All of my funny/weird habits would make you think I have a mild case of OCD (which I probably do have):
    -every night before bed I set 2 alarm clocks and check them and recheck them and recheck them (recheck at least 10 timed) before going to bed
    -I have to alphabatize things (CDs, DVDs, books) and get upset when someone puts something back out of order
    -I have to count the number of stairs every time I walk up or down a flight of steps

yeah, I'm definitely a little weird....
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    mfc2006 wrote:
    my Mom does the same thing, Pandora. she thinks that the least important articles are i nthe back so she like to get them out of the way.

when i start a session on the guitar, i always find myself playing PJ's "Insignificance" as a warm-up for some reason. yeah, i love the song...but aside from that, i don't know why i always play it. and if i forget and start another song, i usually stop once i realize it and start playing "Insignificance!"

really weird i've been doing the same thing. can't stop playing insignificance. then i usually have to go for a run or something cause i'm all ready to go. fun song.
    it was porch for awhile :)
    megatron wrote:
    really weird i've been doing the same thing. can't stop playing insignificance. then i usually have to go for a run or something cause i'm all ready to go. fun song.
    it was porch for awhile :)

that's pretty cool! it's such a fun song to play...so many parts & layers to explore.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • before I bake or cook anything my kitchen has to be spotless.
    everything from the floors up. The reason why i rarely cook dinner for the family... :lol:
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    i like to breath in the air that's trapped under a pepsi bottle, that air between the soda and the cap, that's the pepsi flavored air. it's good.
  • When I watch sports which is quite often...I have to make 100 out of the numbers on the jersey's

For example I see a player wearing 25 I add 75....73 add 27...I know its OCD'ish

Damn it...I just had to stop typing I had to wash my hands..again
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    All of my funny/weird habits would make you think I have a mild case of OCD (which I probably do have):
    -every night before bed I set 2 alarm clocks and check them and recheck them and recheck them (recheck at least 10 timed) before going to bed
    -I have to alphabatize things (CDs, DVDs, books) and get upset when someone puts something back out of order
    -I have to count the number of stairs every time I walk up or down a flight of steps

I do all 3 (except I set 1 alarm...but I check it a bunch)
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Everyone in this thread wishes they were as normal as ol' eyed.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    people who stare at me while picking their noses.
    that is weird as hell to my notion.

pick your nose, that is fine by me.
    please do it when im not looking you in the pupils.

how would you like it if i pulled my pants down and fingered my anus 3 inches away from your face?

same shit...

now get out of my face with your boogery fingers.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    chadwick wrote:
    people who stare at me while picking their noses.
    that is weird as hell to my notion.

pick your nose, that is fine by me.
    please do it when im not looking you in the pupils.

how would you like it if i pulled my pants down and fingered my anus 3 inches away from your face?

same shit...

now get out of my face with your boogery fingers.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    What's it called, the fear of the number 13? (I looked it up, it's Triskaidekaphobia - what a great word.) When I'm reading a book, I never stop on page 13. Or chapter 13. I either stop before, or keep reading. But that's the only weird thing I do with 13 - I don't care about any other 13 stuff, like Friday the 13th.

I think I read Stephen King admits to having this.
  • BinFrog wrote:
    All of my funny/weird habits would make you think I have a mild case of OCD (which I probably do have):

I do all 3 (except I set 1 alarm...but I check it a bunch)
    I have gotten a little better with the alphabatizing one, simply because my wife will go pick out a movie off the shelf and then return it in some random place. Although every now and then it finally gets to me and I go off and order them propely. She knows not to mess with my CDs though, because I'd go apeshit if I couldn't find say a PJ album because it's mixed in with the G's... :oops:

Another one that I do is count down the number of miles left to go when driving on the interstate....exit 45, only 3 more miles to go....but this is every time I pass an exit

Another one that I do is count down the number of miles left to go when driving on the interstate....exit 45, only 3 more miles to go....but this is every time I pass an exit

i always do an ETA when i leave on a road trip and set a tripometer so i can tell how many miles i have left. i try not to pay too much attention to the mile markers as it makes the trip drag when you are counting down hundreds of miles one by one. my eta's are ussally pretty accurate, so long as traffic/contrucstion doesn't kill my time.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I drink water straight out of the tap from my kitchen sink, but I refuse to drink it from the tap of my bathroom sink.

I speak on telephones minimally, If someone calls I just let it go to voicemail, If it's important enough of a call they can leave a message.

How to prep a toothbrush: rinse toothbrush, apply toothpaste, wet toothbrush again...any other way is barbaric.

I also read magazines from back to front. Here's my theories: I'm left handed. The first pages are full of advertisements/ table of contents/ fluff. The last pages tend to have smaller and more direct articles which I prefer.

if toilet paper isnt flap-side-front, I will flip the roll.

I enjoy channel surfing more than watching TV.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg

I enjoy channel surfing more than watching TV.

i always watch two shows to avoid commercials. it's best if one of the shows is a sporting event since tv stations line up commercials so that no matter what station you are on at 9:12, you are going to get a commercial.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I have no weird habits. But then I do look at feet for a living, that's probably weird enough in itself.
    Claireack wrote:
    I have no weird habits. But then I do look at feet for a living, that's probably weird enough in itself.

your post has me worried about what kinds of pictures may follow.... :?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

your post has me worried about what kinds of pictures may follow.... :?

Was going to put a picture of some really horrid feet on, but decided to be kind and use this pic instead;

images-1.jpg

:D
    :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    "mookeywrench"

I speak on telephones minimally, If someone calls I just let it go to voicemail, If it's important enough of a call they can leave a message.
    Me too, JB says I'm afraid of the phone :?
    I don't like it cause I can't think through my answers, I like email better.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    pandora wrote:
    "mookeywrench"

Me too, JB says I'm afraid of the phone :?
    I don't like it cause I can't think through my answers, I like email better.

Me three. Obviously, if I wanted to hear from you, I'd call you! :D
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    you all can call me anytime

if you can find my phone number
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Has it got 81 in it somewhere?
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i have tons of funny & weird habits
    none of them are good
    i'll skip listing them all
    that would be quite extensive
    and time consuming for us all

1. i like putting left sock, pant's leg, and shoe on before the right.
    left foot, sock.
    then i can put the right sock on

left leg into jeans, then the right.
    left shoe then the right...

if i do it any other way
    it feels odd to me

stereo volume cannot be on a weird volume setting in my car
    6 or 7 is bullshit, same as 13 and other settings
    i guess i do not like looking at certain numbers, i dont know why. but it drives me nuts
    fuck that,,, no way is the volume number set on 11,,, that would be dumb when 10 or 15 or even 14 would be fine...

weird habit?
    funny ass habit?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Claireack wrote:
    81 wrote:

my main line has a 1 in it, but no 8's. my other line has both 1 and 8. feel free to start dialing.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Claireack wrote:
    81 wrote:

my main line has a 1 in it, but no 8's. my other line has both 1 and 8. feel free to start dialing.

OK don't go anywhere, you'll be getting a call any minute.
  • I can't stand for different foods to touch on my plate.
    Though there are a few very special and occasionally acceptable exceptions to this rule
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • 81 wrote:

Can I call you Al?

Woah, sorry....random 80's song thought there...