edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
According to TMZ

A fixture at all the roasts

Rip
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    very sad...
  • Wow, thats wicked sad. He's been so funny at those roasts for so long.

RIP Greg. You will be missed.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Rx Drugs...

life's a party
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    so sad...I loved him on Last Comic Standing :cry:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • I heard him on O&A the other day...unless it was a replay. I don't think it was. Anyway, he didn't sound like he was doing well.

I hate to hear that. Always liked him.
  • Sad to hear. He was one of my fav comedians
  • wow... hadnt heard about this

i was never a huge fan... but he was always pretty good

its a miracle more standup comics don't die young the way they live
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Dam. Sad
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    RIP Greg.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    That's crazy. I remember him at the Hoff roast and I thought he stole the show. He was a great talent and he will be missed.

RIP Greg
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    RIP. Listened to him on O&A a bit.

...and, to honor his rough humor, who will be the first one to posthumously mock him at the next roast?
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • he went to columbia AND harvard law. that's impressive.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    youngster wrote:
    That's crazy. I remember him at the Hoff roast and I thought he stole the show. He was a great talent and he will be missed.

RIP Greg
    he stole the show at all of them

RIP Greg
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

The Comedy Central family mourns the loss of a true friend of the network as Greg Giraldo passed away on Wednesday. Greg was our go-to comedian for a reason: he was always game, always generous, and always brilliantly funny.

Greg began his career as a lawyer, graduating from Columbia University and Harvard Law School, but his true calling and gift was for comedy. His stand-up was intelligent, yet accessible, incisive, tough and inimitably honest. A seasoned vet on the stage, Greg could bring a room full of disengaged hipsters to belly laughs within seconds of grabbing the mic. He ripped into politics, his personal life and pop culture with a uniquely blunt delivery that was both exciting and startling.

In addition to his numerous Comedy Central specials, tours, records and appearances on programming like "Root of All Evil," "Friday Night Stand-Up" and "Tough Crowd," Greg created and starred in sitcom pilots for NBC and CBS, and was given the opportunity to develop and star in his own ABC sitcom, "Common Law." He was most recently seen as a judge on NBC's "Last Comic Standing" and Comedy Central’s Roast of David Hasselhoff.

Greg Giraldo was born and raised in Queens, New York, and was the father to three sons. Our hearts go out to his friends, family and everyone who ever had the pleasure of knowing, working or laughing with him. Greg, we’ll miss you.

http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/a-tr ... d_facebook
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    norm wrote:
    The Comedy Central family mourns the loss of a true friend of the network as Greg Giraldo passed away on Wednesday. Greg was our go-to comedian for a reason: he was always game, always generous, and always brilliantly funny.

Greg began his career as a lawyer, graduating from Columbia University and Harvard Law School, but his true calling and gift was for comedy. His stand-up was intelligent, yet accessible, incisive, tough and inimitably honest. A seasoned vet on the stage, Greg could bring a room full of disengaged hipsters to belly laughs within seconds of grabbing the mic. He ripped into politics, his personal life and pop culture with a uniquely blunt delivery that was both exciting and startling.

In addition to his numerous Comedy Central specials, tours, records and appearances on programming like "Root of All Evil," "Friday Night Stand-Up" and "Tough Crowd," Greg created and starred in sitcom pilots for NBC and CBS, and was given the opportunity to develop and star in his own ABC sitcom, "Common Law." He was most recently seen as a judge on NBC's "Last Comic Standing" and Comedy Central’s Roast of David Hasselhoff.

Greg Giraldo was born and raised in Queens, New York, and was the father to three sons. Our hearts go out to his friends, family and everyone who ever had the pleasure of knowing, working or laughing with him. Greg, we’ll miss you.

http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/a-tr ... d_facebook

Damn, the guy had kids. Now I feel bad. :(

Dude was the most brutal guy at the roasts, but the funniest. RIP dude.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    CJMST3K wrote:
    RIP. Listened to him on O&A a bit.

...and, to honor his rough humor, who will be the first one to posthumously mock him at the next roast?

on that same site that CROJAM Mentioned (TMZ) they quoted Gilbert Gottfried asking something like "if he's cremated will be that be his roast?"

RIP Greg.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Man, that sucks,. This guy was hilarious. And it wasn't just on the roasts, his regular stand-up was some of the funniest stuff out there. What a shame.
  • Really sucks.. he was so funny and his stand-up was always entertaining.
    The one and only time I was able to see him live was about 5 years ago in a tiny venue, and they happened to seat me and my wife right in front of him, literally like 2 feet away. He used us as the set-up for a couple jokes throughout the night, which was a little frightening at the time to be in that position, but ended up being hilarious and a great time.
    RIP Greg.
    No time to be void or save up on life, you gotta spend it all.
    Yes, Greg Giraldo nailed every joke at every roast. That's not up for the debate - the guy was a genius when it came to insult comedy. But let's not forget that he was a hilarious stand-up regardless of the context. A smart comedian who touched on religion, politics and his personal life, Giraldo was a gift to the world of comedy.

Here are 10 of his best lines. Note that these are 10 of the best. Not the best. This guy said so many hilarious things, it'd be insulting to the rest of his massive arsenal of jokes to say this is the definitive list. The world lost a comedic legend and he will certainly be missed.

On Christianity:
    The Virgin Mary...We have a whole religion based on a woman who really stuck to her story.

On Judaism:
    Look at the insane things the Jews believe. The Jews believe that Barbra Streisand is worth $1,000 bucks a ticket.

On Conservation:
    Americans are not gonna conserve. We're not gonna shift to smaller cars. We can't -- we have big, fat kids.

On Raising Children:
    Even before the kids are born, you've go to make these decisions. If it's a boy, do we get him circumcised? If it's a girl, do we keep her?

Terrorism is obviously on everybody's mind. The other day my son says to me, 'Daddy, how come the bad men hate us?' How sad is that? I actually got tears in my eyes -- because he's 18. What kind of a moron am I raising?

Can’t have a favorite. Can’t let them know know if you do. I don’t. I treat my main son and the other two exactly the same way.

On Public Awareness:
    I read recently that 50% of American adults don't know who Madeleine Albright is. Can you believe that? She was so good on 'Murder, She Wrote.'

On Hummers:
    I saw one of those giant Hummer cars with handicapped tags on it. I thought, 'Wow, I never realized that being an a**hole was technically a handicap.'

On Science in Japan:
    The Japanese scientists just found a 25,000-year-old mammoth in the ice in Siberia, and they're about to clone it... You think the Japanese of all people would want nothing to do with prehistoric animals after what happened with Godzilla.

On Relationships:
    Look at Thomas Jefferson. The guy had illegitimate kids in the 1700s, and they caught him last year. If you cheat on your wife and cover it up for 200 years, you're pretty much thinking you're home free.

http://www.funnyordie.com/stories/d815e ... kes?=fbook
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    norm wrote:
    Terrorism is obviously on everybody's mind. The other day my son says to me, 'Daddy, how come the bad men hate us?' How sad is that? I actually got tears in my eyes -- because he's 18. What kind of a moron am I raising?

On Hummers:
    I saw one of those giant Hummer cars with handicapped tags on it. I thought, 'Wow, I never realized that being an a**hole was technically a handicap.'

:lol::lol::lol::clap:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2