Star Wars films being re-released in 3-D

13»

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    oh god... say it ain't so

even harrison ford looks like shit these days

and thats coming from the guy with the big gay man crush on indiana jones

i'm not a hardcore fan by any means but my understanding of some of the final chapters relates to the kids han and leia have ... similar to recasting anakin ... i would think they would recast han solo ... or maybe not ... they made jeff bridges look pretty young in tron ...
  • polaris_x wrote:
    oh god... say it ain't so

even harrison ford looks like shit these days

and thats coming from the guy with the big gay man crush on indiana jones

i'm not a hardcore fan by any means but my understanding of some of the final chapters relates to the kids han and leia have ... similar to recasting anakin ... i would think they would recast han solo ... or maybe not ... they made jeff bridges look pretty young in tron ...
    yah i've read a couple of the book sequels... would be interesting to see how they handle the movies

frankly i'd rather they just leave the series alone at this point... lucas clearly doesn't know how to appropriately delegate power anymore - as you pointed out before
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Animated Thrawn Trilogy , ooh i just got chills typing that.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    polaris_x wrote:

han and leia??? their kids??? :roll:

is there no one in georges life with balls enough to tell him he should have a bad feeling about this.. a very bad feeling.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    polaris_x wrote:

han and leia??? their kids??? :roll:

is there no one in georges life with balls enough to tell him he should have a bad feeling about this.. a very bad feeling.

there's a disturbance in the force :ugeek:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    yah i've read a couple of the book sequels... would be interesting to see how they handle the movies

frankly i'd rather they just leave the series alone at this point... lucas clearly doesn't know how to appropriately delegate power anymore - as you pointed out before

i think the star wars saga contains some fantastic story lines ... that were horribly butchered ... if his ego would allow - there is potential for a great set of films ...

i mean ... is there a more badass heroic fictional character than yoda? ... not to me ... :)
    polaris_x wrote:

i think the star wars saga contains some fantastic story lines ... that were horribly butchered ... if his ego would allow - there is potential for a great set of films ...

i mean ... is there a more badass heroic fictional character than yoda? ... not to me ... :)

i totally agree. watching the prequels was just so painful towards the end.

why sould anakin have been expected to give up everything to be a jedi when we dont even know what it was obiwan gave up? i have a whole backstory about this locked away in my head that wouldve brought a little more balance and guts to the last two prequels at least .. if only george had called. you were filming these in my hometown... why didnt you call george, why?? :lol::lol::lol:

yes.. clearly i am a starwars geek. :geek:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • polaris_x wrote:

he's got serious shyamalan syndrome... good ideas... TERRIBLE writer/director

actually i take that back... shyamalan doesn't even have good ideas

and please share your obiwan backstory, cate :D (lets get nerdy)

Obiwan was gay, he was in love with Qui-Gon but could never hope to love again after losing him, it would just hurt too much to open his heart again after enduring such a loss. :cry::cry::cry:

poor heart broken gay jedi
  • Obiwan was gay, he was in love with Qui-Gon but could never hope to love again after losing him, it would just hurt too much to open his heart again after enduring such a loss. :cry::cry::cry:

speaking of which... is there anything more annoying then when yoda matter-of-factly mentions to obiwan that qui-gon can talk from beyond the grave? EPISODE III COULD NOT POSSIBLY HAVE BEEN ANY WORSE!

Obiwan was gay, he was in love with Qui-Gon but could never hope to love again after losing him, it would just hurt too much to open his heart again after enduring such a loss. :cry::cry::cry:

speaking of which... is there anything more annoying then when yoda matter-of-factly mentions to obiwan that qui-gon can talk from beyond the grave? EPISODE III COULD NOT POSSIBLY HAVE BEEN ANY WORSE!

thank you.. i was so pissed when i heard that. im like WTF!! lucas. you successfully close the story circle then you open it up again with that crap. what was the point? qui gonn is never mentioned again so why even bother? was it so obi wan appearing to luke from beyond the grave made more sense?.. as if thats ever possible in the starwars universe.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Midiclorines or what ever they were called in the blood stream, so you could measure scientifically how powerful a Jedi could be, right there, Cardinal Sin!

Attack of the Clones is Unwatchable, ten minutes after it started my wife turned to me in the theater and said, "I'm Sorry".

Ep 3 would have been even worse if Spielberg hadn't lent a hand.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

Episode VII: Broke Back Jedi
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    Lucas had a great vision with the Episode 4. And even a better vision when he removed himself a bit from Episode 5. Got greedy and stupid with the Ewoks in Episode 6 (it was supposed to be on the Wookie homeworld). And then lost all credibility with 1-3. Three of the worst sci-fi movies i have ever seen. So when Ep 4 comes to 3D in about 5 years i may give it a look.
    eddiec wrote:
    Lucas had a great vision with the Episode 4. And even a better vision when he removed himself a bit from Episode 5. Got greedy and stupid with the Ewoks in Episode 6 (it was supposed to be on the Wookie homeworld). And then lost all credibility with 1-3. Three of the worst sci-fi movies i have ever seen. So when Ep 4 comes to 3D in about 5 years i may give it a look.

Man you just summed it up. i was watching a bio channel special on George recently, he always had a great eye for the visuals and a great ear for the sound, good concepts for stories, but he's just not a good writer.
    And he tries to make everything for kids, which was great, when i was a kid.

When Jedi came out i was 9, if he had gone to Kashyyyk, my god, not that i didn't love the damn ewoks at the time.