Heating up fish for lunch at work

chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
There's an unwritten law about not doing this, right???

Heated up my sammich and now it tastes like the f'ing fish market :evil:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Ugh.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Granted I should have noticed before throwing my lunch in there but I was racing back from a meeting and was in the middle of a conversation with someone...didn't notice till I sat down at my desk. GRR!
  • See, I couldn't eat that, the smell alone is enough to make me gag
  • See, I couldn't eat that, the smell alone is enough to make me gag
    It was all I had and I was starving :(

Son of a bitch! Why....WHY?? lol
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    See, I couldn't eat that, the smell alone is enough to make me gag

reading about it is making me gag...who heats up fish?!?! :sick::sick:
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i worked with a lady that would heat up oxtails on a regular basis at work. i haven't worked with her in about two years, and i think i can still smell oxtail on my jacket.

gross.
  • rival. wrote:
    i worked with a lady that would heat up oxtails on a regular basis at work. i haven't worked with her in about two years, and i think i can still smell oxtail on my jacket.

gross.
    Ewwww.

Yeah it's just rude. Like not eating fish on a flight, I thought it was just common sense. Nothing against fish, i have it at home all the time but never to bring to work!
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    norm wrote:
    See, I couldn't eat that, the smell alone is enough to make me gag

reading about it is making me gag...who heats up fish?!?! :sick::sick:

My old boss used to, tiny office too 11 people, one room. We don't miss him.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Yeah, that's a definite no no.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I'd say yes...but someone at my work was actually bright enough to put an egg in the microwave.

The explosion was quite hilarious...until the smell hit. Have you ever smelled that? GOD. AWFUL. :sick:

I'll take fish over that anyday.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    I'd say yes...but someone at my work was actually bright enough to put an egg in the microwave.

The explosion was quite hilarious...until the smell hit. Have you ever smelled that? GOD. AWFUL. :sick:

I'll take fish over that anyday.
    Ewwww!

I don't want any jacked up scents near my office lol
    rival. wrote:

gross.
    Ewwww.

Yeah it's just rude. Like not eating fish on a flight, I thought it was just common sense. Nothing against fish, i have it at home all the time but never to bring to work!

Also, I think it might depend on the fish...

I've brought tilapia to work and no harm done. However, heatign up some halibut, salmon, or mahi mahi can be some smelly stuff.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I'm sorry.

I would be pissed.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    rival. wrote:

gross.
    Ewwww.

Also, I think it might depend on the fish...

I've brought tilapia to work and no harm done. However, heatign up some halibut, salmon, or mahi mahi can be some smelly stuff.
    This is true. And I've brought tuna salad to work but it's cold and I either eat it outside or in my office so it doesn't bother anybody.

Wolf yeah I was pretty mad, I wasn't about to throw my lunch away so I just gritted my teeth and ate it, all angry lol

Wolf yeah I was pretty mad, I wasn't about to throw my lunch away so I just gritted my teeth and ate it, all angry lol

:( that sucks.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • the wolf wrote:

Yeah, ah well it's okay. I'm taking Friday off so they can all suck it lol
    the wolf wrote:

That's the spirit !! ;)
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    the wolf wrote:

thursday before you go home, put an egg and a can of sardines in the microwave and light that bitch up!! :P :lol:
    norm wrote:
    thursday before you go home, put an egg and a can of sardines in the microwave and light that bitch up!! :P :lol:

Dude, they'll have to evacuate that place man...those fish eaters don't deserve to have Friday off too.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • norm wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'd like to have my job when I come back on Monday though, so maybe I'll hold off on that idea :D
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Really? I wouldn't think twice about it....
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    It's a small lab, without windows in the lunchroom, so the smell can be strong!
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I remember this thread from "the other" board....

When I worked at the law firm with about 20 people, I used to eat sardines and tuna and heaps of smelly stuff at work.... :lol: I never really thought about it! hahaha Those poor girls.

Mmmm.....sardines on toast and onion and tomato sauce.....that's exactly what I feel like now for breakfast.
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Mmmm.....sardines on toast and onion and tomato sauce.....that's exactly what I feel like now for breakfast.

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:
    norm wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

No no noooo.....Delicious!!! :thumbup:
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I remember this thread from "the other" board....

When I worked at the law firm with about 20 people, I used to eat sardines and tuna and heaps of smelly stuff at work.... :lol: I never really thought about it! hahaha Those poor girls.

It might have been me that made the thread, htis is a problem that comes up here :lol:

It just seems bad form when there are close quarters, but some folks here don't seem to get it!
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Didn't that person cover it?

I have my own microwave at work. I brought in a really nice Corning ware covered container and cooked my frozen tilapia in it when no one was around. Later, I apologized to my coworker for cooking it and she said it smelled good. It was Gorton's frozen tilapia with garlic. I think the heavy container I cooked it in helped keep in the fish smell, somewhat.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:

Dude, they'll have to evacuate that place man...those fish eaters don't deserve to have Friday off too.

Friends of mine while in college left a bag of poo in a guy's closet and hid it

:x
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • iluvcats wrote:
    Didn't that person cover it?

I have my own microwave at work. I brought in a really nice Corning ware covered container and cooked my frozen tilapia in it when no one was around. Later, I apologized to my coworker for cooking it and she said it smelled good. It was Gorton's frozen tilapia with garlic. I think the heavy container I cooked it in helped keep in the fish smell, somewhat.
    I *love* the Gorton's tilapia! I always have a stash in the freezer for a quick meal. Yeah covering it makes a difference for sure, apparently this person didn't understand the concept of a lid lol
    ZiggyStar wrote:

To be honest, I wouldn't either. In fact, I've done it before.

Real men eat fish. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL