Where do you hide?

KeiranKeiran Posts: 393
edited December 2007 in The Porch
My husband just yelled at me on the phone again and then hung up. The yellow engine light came on in the car and he is rightfully upset - it's not my car and I don't have the damn book in front of me to tell him what the light means. That would be with him in the car!!!

Anyway, I feel so sad and frustrated that he yelled at me like he did - then hung up on me - my question is . . .

When it all gets to be too much - when you just want to curl up and go away - what PJ song do you turn to? I need one to take me someplace where I can hide and lick my wounds.

Sorry, I can't even think straight.
I wish a guy like Eddie, would like me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• VOLITIONVOLITION Posts: 328
    "Present Tense" brings a piece of mind

If i'm really pissed off RVM or Not For YOu
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • in hidding is a good one
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • VOLITIONVOLITION Posts: 328
    phillyfan wrote:
    in hidding is a good one

Great Fucking Song
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    I haven't done it lately, but I used to listen to No Code in its entirety when I needed to take a deep breath and escape from a rough situation. I think can understand where you're coming from here. Music is like an old friend - so comforting.

Hope you're feeling better soon.
  • VOLITION wrote:
    Great Fucking Song
    from the Vic of course
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • nuzpapernuzpaper Posts: 211
    phillyfan wrote:
    from the Vic of course

word
    Toronto 96, Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Ottawa 05, Toronto 05, Toronto 06, Toronto 06, Denver 06, Denver 06, Chicago 07, New York 08, New York 08...I'm just getting started
  • Gone?
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    The Ten album. It's rocks so well that it distracts me out of any funk I'm in. It's hard not to sing along since the songs are so well known. All that air getting into and out of your lungs would make you feel better.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    When it's just one of those days I usually just sit in the dark or a dimly lit room and listen to every PJ song I have on my computer... can't go wrong with EVERY song!
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • up here in my tree...
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Keiran wrote:
    My husband just yelled at me on the phone again and then hung up. The yellow engine light came on in the car and he is rightfully upset - it's not my car and I don't have the damn book in front of me to tell him what the light means. That would be with him in the car!!!

Anyway, I feel so sad and frustrated that he yelled at me like he did - then hung up on me - my question is . . .

When it all gets to be too much - when you just want to curl up and go away - what PJ song do you turn to? I need one to take me someplace where I can hide and lick my wounds.

"yelled again" and "rightrully upset" are very scary things that you are saying....You think this is your fault? I don't know you so maybe you're right but I'm voting for "Gone" and do it SOON!
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • I Am Mine always CHEARS me up. I prefer not to listen to sad music when I'm unhappy. :)
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Solat
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • pathorses wrote:
    "yelled again" and "rightrully upset" are very scary things that you are saying....You think this is your fault? I don't know you so maybe you're right but I'm voting for "Gone" and do it SOON!
    :o I noticed that too... If I were married and my husband called me and yelled at me for the yellow light coming on in the car :eek: well, to put it mildly, he'd better not expect his dinner to be ready for him or for me to fetch him a beer when he gets home :mad:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    Given to Fly - always a great pick me up and FU to those pissing me off :D

Release too....makes me get it all out
  • Given to Fly and I am Mine...

And Save You came into my head just for the mere fact that yelling fuck is so cathartic...
    Nothing divine dies. All good is eternally reproductive. The beauty of nature reforms itself in the mind, and not for barren contemplation, but for new creation. ~ Nature, Emerson
  • DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    Keiran wrote:

Defiantely RVM without a doubt.......throw in a side of Comatose and you got yourself a winner!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• hidinghiding Posts: 290
    just had a huge blowout with my gf today too. we will not be spending xmas together...

i'm going to the bar and crack some pj on the jukebox and get drunk
    one love

respect
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Keiran wrote:

why take the verval abuse was it your fault that that light came on ,so if it was your fault the song for you would have to be "fucking up "...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Brain of J...completely off the subject so it will cleanse your mind

then get all defiant and shit and listen to Not For You and then grab hold your special area and imagine you are singing to your husband.
    the Minions
  • halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    Come back, ironic-ly

Naive, but still "believe in miracles".

Otherwise... ifit goes to far... rearwiev mirror
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    you describe your location as 'hell/texas'

get out. you can do better.......and you are not the problem.
  • brain of c wrote:
    you describe your location as 'hell/texas'

get out. you can do better.......and you are not the problem.

I was thinking the same thing.

I don't want to get into your private life, but from what you described, it's time to look for help. As stated above, you are not the problem.
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,086
    since when did the message pit become a therapist's office?

you might need more than one song so pick a disc and hit shuffle...
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • KDH12 wrote:

Far from therapy, just a well informed recommendation.

Would you just pass by if a woman was being mistreated? I wouldn't be able too.
  • AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    I don't think PJ has a song for your situation... unless they have a song we're not aware of called "Fuck Off Asshole"
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    for me...all of them....except maybe evacutation or mankind
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,326
    Animal!
  • KDH12 wrote:
    a long long time ago :o did you miss the memo?

have a seat and make yourself comfortable and we can begin :)

but come on, if your sister said that to you... that she was shouted at cos the light in HIS car came on, what would you say to her?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    Keiran wrote:

and your fault in this is??!! :confused::confused::confused:

"Parting Ways" ;)

Behind her eyes, there’s curtains
    And they’ve been closed to hide the flames, remains
    She knows their future’s burning
    But she can smile just the same, same
    And though her mood is fine today
    There’s a fear they’ll soon be parting ways

Standing like a statue
    A chin of stone, a heart of clay, hey
    And though he’s too big of a man to say
    There’s a fear they’ll soon be parting ways