Options

With respect to the World....

JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
edited September 2010 in The Porch
..exluding the United States of America ;)

I suppose you all know where this line comes from.. But I was thinking, isn't it strange that has been included in one of their more optimistic and positive records? riot act and self titled was more "anti-usa" than backspacer, for sure..

Maybe it's their way to say "we like the actual President a lot more that his predecessor, but we're still angry"

What do you think?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    robcascie wrote:

I suppose you all know where this line comes from.. But I was thinking, isn't it strange that has been inluded in one of their more optimistic and positive records? riot act and self titled was more "anti-usa" than backspacer, for sure..

Maybe it's their way to say "we like the actual President a lot more that his predecessor, but we're still angry"

What do you think?

The comment has to do with who manufactured the CD and where they distribute it, not the politics contained in the lyrics or music.
  • Options
    The comment has to do with who manufactured the CD and where they distribute it, not the politics contained in the lyrics or music.

I'm not sure I understood your point :?
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    robcascie wrote:

I suppose you all know where this line comes from.. But I was thinking, isn't it strange that has been included in one of their more optimistic and positive records? riot act and self titled was more "anti-usa" than backspacer, for sure..

What do you think?

I have no idea where that line comes from. What am I missing here?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    It's on the back of the Backspacer cover, vinyl and cd, but only US editions, and the fixer US white vinyl too...
  • Options
    There were two different distributors for Backspacer, one for the US and one for everywhere else. That is all this means.
  • Options
    jamburger wrote:

OK, thanks, now it's all more clear :D
    I was just curious, and didn't noticed that thread..
    and my mother tongue is Italian, so... :lol:
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    robcascie wrote:
    jamburger wrote:

OK, thanks, now it's all more clear :D
    I was just curious, and didn't noticed that thread..
    and my mother tongue is Italian, so... :lol:

I get your rationale as it does seem like the world and the entertainment industry hates the United States these days, although the entertainment industry did ease up with Obama, but not for his work, just his personality, he is definitely more likable.