Go Falcons Go Falcons Go Falcons Go Falcons!!!!

2»

Comments

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    tybird wrote:
    "Go Braves....and take the Falcons with you!".....actual bumper sticker from the 1980's when both teams were awful. :twisted:
    yea I guess all teams have their haydays.....the Falcons has come!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    Both teams last night had 10 wins playing this late in the season. In the two other situations the LOSER of those games went on to WIN the Super Bowl. If so it will 2 years in a row 2 first time winners would have won the SB. Good luck Falcon fans.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    Both teams last night had 10 wins playing this late in the season. In the two other situations the LOSER of those games went on to WIN the Super Bowl. If so it will 2 years in a row 2 first time winners would have won the SB. Good luck Falcon fans.

Peace
    You are always on the bright side... I try.... too :D
    We have dear friends who are Saints fans so we were happy to see them go on to the postseason.
    The Falcons have made me proud and I'm very new to all this but it seems to me that the making of the truly great teams, takes some time. Kind of like a marriage ;):lol:
    Go Falcons!!!
    pandora wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    You are always on the bright side... I try.... too :D
    We have dear friends who are Saints fans so we were happy to see them go on to the postseason.
    The Falcons have made me proud and I'm very new to all this but it seems to me that the making of the truly great teams, takes some time. Kind of like a marriage ;):lol:
    Go Falcons!!!

Now grant you IF the Falcons and the Patriots play in the SB I'll be ALL for the red, white and blue. I'm even looking for one of those large flags to post out in front of our house. I hope no one will destroy it in that I'm in Dolphin territory. This should be all fun come playoff time though. :D

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

The Patriots have awesome uniforms they show off well!! :D
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    pandora wrote:
    The Patriots have awesome uniforms they show off well!! :D

I think they have the best uniforms in the league!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/group/1
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

Here we go!!!! 1sm183hophappy.gif
    There it went :cry:
    and it was brutal

well now on to rootin for my 2nd favorite team

Go Packers Go Packers Go Packers! :D
    Win the Superbowl Wisconsin!
    it will make my Falcon's loss almost worth it
  • pandora wrote:
    and it was brutal

Sorry we crushed you guys last nite.

Thanks for cheering us on the rest of the way.

Go Pack Go!!!!
    pandora wrote:
    and it was brutal

Sorry we crushed you guys last nite.

Thanks for cheering us on the rest of the way.

Go Pack Go!!!!

It was very hard to watch...good thing I was pretty shit faced and don't remember it all :lol:
    I feel for our fans that went to the game, must have been so disappointing and sad.
    But if we had to lose to someone there isn't a better team. :D
    Go Pack Go!!!!
    Here we GO! cheerleading.gifcheerleading.gifcheerleading.gifcheerleading.gifcheerleading.gifcheerleading.gifcheerleading.gif

GO! GO! ** F * A * L * C * O * N * S **GO!

Friday ... look out Miami!!!! :mrgreen:
    1st quarter looked great! 8-) busy with cooking and missed most of it though.
    Then sat down to watch after that and thought who are all these guys :?

My son explained how the exhibition games work and I felt a bit better about the loss
    after that.

Congrats to Miami! :clap: Love the colors!.... very pretty 8-)
    Oh boy .... :(
    I know they keep saying positives on how good they looked in certain respects

and my boy tells me they lost the preseason games last year

but I can't help but worry a little

Mike Smith looked like he had terrible indigestion ... I was concerned

I fell asleep just after half time ... I think that was a good thing

anyways

GO FALCONS! 24854150.gif

I'll be rooting for them no matter what and Turner the Burner is the man! :D
    I watch my boys....

something happens under pressure, I can see it before the game begins...
    on Matty's face
    hopefully with more experience and guidance comes more confidence

I dearly love our coach, his composure to be admired and I'm proud I don't see
    a bunch of swearing for the kids watching, some coaches geez louise ...
    potty mouth... what are they thinking

Whether they win or lose
    GO FALCONS!

and say my name say my name ... 2 points for James! :D
    I picked the Falcons in an upset but it didn't workout but it did with the Horsemen in Mile High :D

Peace

• Rough day for Mike Smith.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    The short yardage calls by your coach killed your chances. There are times to be bold and go for it on 4th and 1 and times to play it safe and he missed on every opportunity.

The first 4th and 1 he should have kicked the field goal. You are on the road in the playoffs. You take the points. You take the lead!

On the second 4th and 1 he should have gone for it. He was in that no-man's land around the 40. Instead they punted and Eli drove to a TD. Killer.

The third 4th and 1 he should have kicked the field goal. They needed points and momentum and got neither. Wow. It was only 10-2 at that point. And of course, Eli completes a 72-yard TD pass three plays later.

Mike Smith was thoroughly out-coached by Tom Coughlin and it sucks to have to write that anyone was out-coached by Tom Coughlin. He made the exact wrong call each time.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Flagg wrote:
    The short yardage calls by your coach killed your chances. There are times to be bold and go for it on 4th and 1 and times to play it safe and he missed on every opportunity.

The first 4th and 1 he should have kicked the field goal. You are on the road in the playoffs. You take the points. You take the lead!

On the second 4th and 1 he should have gone for it. He was in that no-man's land around the 40. Instead they punted and Eli drove to a TD. Killer.

The third 4th and 1 he should have kicked the field goal. They needed points and momentum and got neither. Wow. It was only 10-2 at that point. And of course, Eli completes a 72-yard TD pass three plays later.

Mike Smith was thoroughly out-coached by Tom Coughlin and it sucks to have to write that anyone was out-coached by Tom Coughlin. He made the exact wrong call each time.

There's a difference between being aggressive and dumb. Yesterday, Mike Smith made several dumb decisions.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Flagg wrote:

There's a difference between being aggressive and dumb. Yesterday, Mike Smith made several dumb decisions.

Yes! I am a life-long Dallas Cowboys fan. That makes me an expert on dumb decisions. What the Falcons did yesterday reminded me a lot of a fucked-up Cowboys game.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Flagg wrote:

i don't think the calls to go for it were wrong ... the play calling was what did them in ... the last one where they had no back field was the worst of the worst ... everyone knew it was gonna be a QB keep ...

falcons needed TD's ... they couldn't stop the giants ... giants punted like 4 times ... on their first 2 possessions and like at the end of the half when they should have asked for a measurement ...
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    There seems to be a lot of people on sports radio today in atlanta unahappy with Mike Mularkey.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    intodeep wrote:
    There seems to be a lot of people on sports radio today in atlanta unahappy with Mike Mularkey.

exactly ... it's the play calling that killed them on the 4th down attempts ...
    I just wish it wasn't over for them
    that finality gets to me ... wish for more for them

JB said to me near the end of the game yesterday...
    "guess in about 10 minutes you'll be a Packers fan again"

ain't that the truth...
    Go Pack Go! :D
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    My rule of thumb is that you don't punt between the 45 to 35 yard line ... or course, I don't coach an NFL team. :D

If he gets those first downs, he is hailed as a genius. As it is, he is hailed for being a fool. At least he has the testicular fortitude to make those calls. And I would hope a playoff team can get enough o-line push to advance the football 12 inches. :?
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,775
    Atlanta isn't that far from the elites. New offensive coordinator and some offensive lineman would help. They also need another pass rusher.... Abraham has 1 or 2 more productive years left.

Ryan will get flack, some obviously he deserves. I personally think He'll get it done in the near future. Julio is gonna be unstoppable once he learns a lil more.

Smith and Ryan have 4 straight winning seasons(3 playoff) that's pretty good especially for this franchise. Keep knocking on that door!

I was there yesterday and they just got bullied. They need to toughen up

Watch out for the Giants, they're coming GB ;) and their hungry
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Atlanta isn't that far from the elites. New offensive coordinator and some offensive lineman would help. They also need another pass rusher.... Abraham has 1 or 2 more productive years left.

Ryan will get flack, some obviously he deserves. I personally think He'll get it done in the near future. Julio is gonna be unstoppable once he learns a lil more.

Smith and Ryan have 4 straight winning seasons(3 playoff) that's pretty good especially for this franchise. Keep knocking on that door!

I was there yesterday and they just got bullied. They need to toughen up

Watch out for the Giants, they're coming GB ;) and their hungry
    I like your positive post makes me hopeful for our future

thank you!
    footballs1.gif
  • ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    Falcons looking good early against the Saints. :corn:
  • ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    Well shit! :fp: