how do you upload mp3s to a website???

gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,171
edited November 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
yesterday i stumbled across some old live recordings of my band from about 7 months ago. they were taken from the soundboard but do not have the greatest mix, as some of the levels are a bit off....i did a crappy job of converting a few songs to mp3 by holding a mike in front of the speakers and recording into audacity....which actually helped to shave off some of the high end, but i was thinking of sharing here but i do not know how to upload or link them. does anyone have any suggestions????

i am probably the least tech savvy musician in the world so if you can dumb it down for me i would appreciate it....

if nothing else i can have our webamaster put a few on our website and just link to that i guess....

thanks everyone...
"You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• appieappie Posts: 1,441
    I think that you do best to put your webmaster at work to put them on your website so you have a complete site with pics,info and the music you play all in one place and then name your websiteadres here.
    because you say you suck with tecnical things i think thats the best way to do it.
    And you also make your site complete :D

Good luck and play on..
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • You could also just upload them to a filehoster like rapidshare or something like that and then just use the url button and post it.
  • thanks guys...i will look into it...

i found a promotional dvd we did from 2006 and it is funny to look back at how different we look (i'm down about 25 lbs and have long hair now) and how much better we sound with our current gear lol...i might try to upload some of that as well when i get some time...

• ok so we recorded an entire show from a couple of weeks ago in high def video. i was able to burn it all onto dvds so we can watch it on our home stereos and theater systems but we want to share with all of our friends without the pain inthe ass of having to burn individual dvds from the source.... anyone know of a site besides youtube that will host a few videos for us? i would rather post to where people can stream it, and if it sucks delete it instead of having to download and install...

all suggestions are welcome....

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    http://vimeo.com perhaps. i've watched some really cool wilco stuff on there and the sound and video quality were great and it doesn't appear that they have the absolute filth of the earth trolling the comments like youtube.