Options

hi kids

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited October 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
some of you will remember me. how's it going?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Dude, the guitars in your profile pic are backwards.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    i know. but i got deals on because of it. factory defects. had to learn backwards but the money i saved!!!
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    welcome back ex. long time no see...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    I'm trying to decide whether I should buy a Little Martin for my daughter. She isn't quite 2, but you never know when she might show an interest...
  • Options
    my son is four and he's interested but not old enough to take care of anything but a toy guitar. he already destroyed a ukelele.

he caught sight of one of those mini-strats though and is nagging me about it. it's tempting but i know he's not ready. he's got a *very* cheap kids acoustic right now that he drags around.

my daughter is about 2.5 and might be ready to upgrade from her wiggles button guitar to a little ukelele soon. biggest thing is they haven't learned to take care of anything yet.

they play my piano lots though.
  • Options
    Welcome back
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    HI GREG!
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    PACO!!!!!

[runs along beach to "chariots of fire"]
  • Options
    exhausted wrote:
    PACO!!!!!

LOL...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    i've been forced to watch madagascar way too many times.
  • Options
    I miss Bob...
  • Options
    Dang lefthanders.

Welcome back though. Anything new on the amp building side of things?
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    hiya.

nothing at all on the amp side. barely ever turn them on actually. sleeping kids and all. i want to build a tweed bassman though. i've decided it's the perfect amp.
  • Options
    exhausted wrote:
    PACO!!!!!

:lol: How's the weather in Calgary eh?

you know those new cardboard guitars out there now to make the air guitar thing cooler. I think that would be a great fun toy for kids. It gets them used to having a guitar hanging there, it's instant gratification... and it seems like tons of fun.

http://www.paperjamz.com/ Paper Jamz for Pearl Jamz....
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    exhausted wrote:
    hiya.

nothing at all on the amp side. barely ever turn them on actually. sleeping kids and all. i want to build a tweed bassman though. i've decided it's the perfect amp.

I can understand with sleeping kids. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I don't have to worry about that. Plus the most I play at home is a acoustic, everything else is at the studio.

As for a tweed bassman, I'd say that the '59 is in my top 5 favorites, that and it's brother the JTM 45. Those two are a great combo together, JTM 45 through a 2x10 or 4x10 cabinet next to a '59 baseman would be fantastic absolutely perfect.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

• Options
    Sooner or later everyone eventually winds up with the Bassman. You can do virtually anything off that platform.
  • Options
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Sooner or later everyone eventually winds up with the Bassman. You can do virtually anything off that platform.

Agreed. The JTM 45 is the 59 bassman circuit, different power tube section. Break up on the JTM 45 is earlier compared to the bassman. Cost difference in tubes is huge though.

Bassman works well with pedals. Great great piece.

• Options
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    exhausted wrote:
    PACO!!!!!

:lol: How's the weather in Calgary eh?

you know those new cardboard guitars out there now to make the air guitar thing cooler. I think that would be a great fun toy for kids. It gets them used to having a guitar hanging there, it's instant gratification... and it seems like tons of fun.

http://www.paperjamz.com/ Paper Jamz for Pearl Jamz....
    those paper jamz are absolutely hilarious. the website even has steve peavey in a demo video actually showing you how to rock lol....that video is pretty cheesy....those things are a great idea until some kid sits on it and bends or creases the cardboard...that would be the equivalent to one of us breaking a headstock lol...