Options

Vic/Show Downloads

ChadsStillAliveChadsStillAlive Indianapolis Posts: 450
edited July 2008 in The Porch
1) I have the Vic and Lollapalooza, but I downloaded them a week after the shows and the sound was weak on both accounts. I was wondering if better recordings ever came out that I never heard about. Anyone?

2) What is the best way for me to download shows without having to go through RAR files and Mega Upload? Is there anywhere I can just go and download shows in mp3 format right off the site?

Thanks in advance.
I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side.
I am right by your side.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    1) I have the Vic and Lollapalooza, but I downloaded them a week after the shows and the sound was weak on both accounts. I was wondering if better recordings ever came out that I never heard about. Anyone?

2) What is the best way for me to download shows without having to go through RAR files and Mega Upload? Is there anywhere I can just go and download shows in mp3 format right off the site?

Thanks in advance.

mp3 = worst thing you can do to music. its fool's gold for your ears! go with FLAC buddy.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    you can BUY lolla on itunes, but the vic is only audience recorded
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options

Thanks in advance.

there are a ton of sites out there. get the FLAC shows. they're often posted in both formats.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    FLAC has been just as frustrating for me as RAR...I've downloaded all the necessary programs to translate them and such, but something always ends up hurting my computer, the file, etc.
    I am right by your side.
  • Options
    Also, the Lolla on iTunes isn't the full show, is it? Didn't they leave out a few tracks?
    I am right by your side.
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    there used to be a share and trade thread but it has seemed to have disappeared. :(
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    Also, the Lolla on iTunes isn't the full show, is it? Didn't they leave out a few tracks?

no, its the whole show. go get it. its worth the $10 on iTunes.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    red mos wrote:
    there used to be a share and trade thread but it has seemed to have disappeared. :(

awww man! that sucks! i have it bookmarked on my home computer, but hadn't tried it for awhile.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    no, its the whole show. go get it. its worth the $10 on iTunes.
    ditto
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Pearl Jam_iePearl Jam_ie Posts: 821
    I got Lolla off of ITunes and No More w/ Ben Harper is missing, otherwise everything else is there.
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    mp3 = worst thing you can do to music. its fool's gold for your ears! go with FLAC buddy.

fuck flac
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I got Lolla off of ITunes and No More w/ Ben Harper is missing, otherwise everything else is there.
    If only iTunes was in charge of the last round of boots . . .
  • Options
    you could go here and download complete shows in zip format.

http://www.gremmie.net/bsides/

click on the "complete shows" button.

enjoy.

:)
    member number: 198,xxx
  • Options
    Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    fuck flac
    Why do you say that?
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Options
    Why do you say that?

The files are way too big for my patience. They do sound better than mp3s.....but not better to the extent that I would take the time to download them.

I hate when I scour the internet for a bootleg or album, find it, only to see that it's in flac format and that I'd have to download like 8 rapidshare files to hear it.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    The files are way too big for my patience. They do sound better than mp3s.....but not better to the extent that I would take the time to download them.

I hate when I scour the internet for a bootleg or album, find it, only to see that it's in flac format and that I'd have to download like 8 rapidshare files to hear it.
    Fair enough, I just wouldn't expect someone who actually appreciates the quality of flac (but maybe not the size) to curse it. Funnily, in my experience the worst thing is to scour the web for a boot and to only find it in mp3... :)

I should say to the OP, only two Vic bootlegs ever turned up and both are equally fantastic quality. If you didn't like what you heard that's bad luck.

And there are loads of Lolla boots. itunes, the official lolla site, plus the manuy audience recordings. You'll only get the full show on an audience recording cos the other two were cut, as has been mentioned. And I'd recommend getting the full show.
  • Options
    I use the second Vic recording, and i have a link up for it in the 'Epic shows' thread.

Also, rapidshare sucks. Not FLAC. I use megaupload, and can generally fit all my FLAC shows in 4 .rar files.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    And there are loads of Lolla boots. itunes, the official lolla site, plus the manuy audience recordings. You'll only get the full show on an audience recording cos the other two were cut, as has been mentioned. And I'd recommend getting the full show.

the iTunes album is the only way to go for Lolla. I don't know if you were there, but it was easily the worst sounding PJ concert I was ever at; lots of sound problems...especially for Mike. they cleaned it up pretty nice on the iTunes boot though.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    I use the second Vic recording, and i have a link up for it in the 'Epic shows' thread.

Also, rapidshare sucks. Not FLAC. I use megaupload, and can generally fit all my FLAC shows in 4 .rar files.
    Personally I prefer the first source that came out. Mostly because of the volume fluctuations at the beginning of Education on the second source. But I have both burned to disc and I listen to both now and then.

Good point about megaupload, it's the best filehosting site out there. Not only can you get a show in 3 or 4 parts but the links have no limits.

the iTunes album is the only way to go for Lolla. I don't know if you were there, but it was easily the worst sounding PJ concert I was ever at; lots of sound problems...especially for Mike. they cleaned it up pretty nice on the iTunes boot though.
    Thanks but I have the audience boot from inthepresenttense, I'd avoid an incomplete sbd for a complete audience any day.