• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Crazy.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Woah
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • one of the most underrated, unappreciated athletes in all major sports. he could have played in any era.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    edited September 2010
    Post edited by BinauralJam on
  • I sometimes wonder if they know that I'm gone...
  • amazing accomplishment...only player to ever do that

one more 200 hit season and he'll hold the overall record for the most 200 hit seasons (currently tied with Pete Rose)

if he could have played his whole career in MLB, he would have definitely had a shot at breaking Rose's all-time hits record
  • sad he willl never see the playoffs
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

I'm surprised after all these years he has never been traded to a contender
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    and he's done it with class ... in my keeper fantasy leagues - i'm getting over-market for him but i won't trade him cuz he's the kind of guy you want on your teams ...

great two-way player!
    2001, his first year in MLB he made the playoffs

doubtful he gets back as a Mariner though

i meant actually win something on that team
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Amazing accomplishment.

I'm really surprised he's stayed a Mariner all these years. I guess in this age of baseball, you just expect people to want to win, or want a fat contract...

Does anyone know when his contract is up?
  • mca47 wrote:
    Amazing accomplishment.

I'm really surprised he's stayed a Mariner all these years. I guess in this age of baseball, you just expect people to want to win, or want a fat contract...

he's under contract through 2012

and he did get a fat contract....last one he signed was 5 years for $100M....he's been worth every penny with his production
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    sad he willl never see the playoffs

i meant actually win something on that team
    You mean get to and win a world series. And it is extremely sad.
  • I guess that means he has at least 2,000 hits. :geek:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    mca47 wrote:
    Amazing accomplishment.

and he did get a fat contract....last one he signed was 5 years for $100M....he's been worth every penny with his production

Yeah, but there are teams that would have (and still would) paid him more.

For as many hits as the guy has had, it would have been interesting to see what his numbers would have been if he was on a consistently productive team.
    RBIs, runs...

Or...had he gone to a team like New York or Boston early on, do you think he would have been able to have the same numbers he has now? In Seattle, he's a stud, but he can come to the park, hit the ball and go home.
    I wonder had he started in NY or Boston, etc. if the media insanity would have changed him at all...?
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    mca47 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Amazing accomplishment.

Yeah, but there are teams that would have (and still would) paid him more.

For as many hits as the guy has had, it would have been interesting to see what his numbers would have been if he was on a consistently productive team.
    RBIs, runs...

Or...had he gone to a team like New York or Boston early on, do you think he would have been able to have the same numbers he has now? In Seattle, he's a stud, but he can come to the park, hit the ball and go home.
    I wonder had he started in NY or Boston, etc. if the media insanity would have changed him at all...?
    When his contract came up a few years ago he was courted by all the big market team in MLB, and in the end, he chose to remain loyal to the Seattle Mariners. Sad too, because he has dedicated 10 years to us and we haven't given him shit since 2001 as far as a chance at the post season.