Options

Help PJ beat Iron Maiden and win by voting in the Rock Wars!

bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
edited September 2010 in The Porch
Update: Pearl Jam are through to the final, they are going up against Iron Maiden. Voting for this has started now! I'd appreciate your votes!

http://www.therock.net.nz/MusicampEvent ... fault.aspx

Every year our local rock radio station (aptly named The Rock, some of you may remember it from the fanclub line in Auckland last year) has "Rock Wars" - a knockout tournament pitting 64 rock bands against each other.

Pearl Jam usually does pretty well, but this year they are up against Metallica in the quarter finals! This will be tough because Metallica have just played in Christchurch and are playing next month in Auckland and they have a big following on The Rock.

I'm hoping we can tip the scales in PJ's favour, here's the link:
http://www.therock.net.nz/MusicampEvent ... fault.aspx

I guess you probably have to sign up but it will be worth it. They might need our help against Led Zep in the semis and probably Shihad (NZ band) or Tool in the finals!

You know Eddie's always talking about voting, right? I'm sure he'd approve! :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Just voted and its 72% to 28% for Pearl Jam I think thats a win!
    Calgary 08/08/09
    Calgary 21/09/11
    Edmonton 23/09/11
  • Options
    LieslLiesl Posts: 64
    YEAH p.j beats there ass!!!! Good going all you hardout p.j fans hopefully they can win from here EPIC!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    To be honest, it really surprised me that they won in such a landslide! Go PJ!

Hopefully Ed won't mind if I steal this song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqHTScDBsDU

I'll bump this thread when the semis are on!
  • Options
  • Options
    Just saw a big swing in PJ's favour. Was that you guys? They're coming back at us, but we're still sitting on a pretty handy 60:40 majority.
  • Options
    Pearl Jam is my favorite band ever, but if they beat Led Zeppelin, something is seriously wrong.
  • Options
    TheVan218 wrote:
    Pearl Jam is my favorite band ever, but if they beat Led Zeppelin, something is seriously wrong.
    Why? You're meant to vote for your favourite band! You don't think it's possible that more people like Pearl Jam than Led Zeppelin?

Last year, Led Zep lost to Pink Floyd who then lost to System of a Down. Go figure!

Check out last year's results. Some pretty wacky ones there: http://www.therock.net.nz/Music/RockWar ... fault.aspx
  • Options
    Yeah, seriously.

I love and will always consider Pearl Jam my favorite band, but come on, Zeppelin is fucking Zeppelin.
  • Options
    Wow! I really thought this community would be able to push the result in PJ's favour. It's really close, 51:49. You only have to click a link, and vote (and maybe refresh and vote again?)
  • Options
    GS163319 wrote:
    Yeah, seriously.

I love and will always consider Pearl Jam my favorite band, but come on, Zeppelin is fucking Zeppelin.
    So, you'd vote for Led Zeppelin even though PJ are your favourite band? I don't get that.

Or are you simply saying that you think more other people would call Zeppelin their favourite band and vote for them. I can understand that, but that's why I (tried to) enlist the help of everyone on here!
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    GS163319 wrote:
    Yeah, seriously.

So, you'd vote for Led Zeppelin even though PJ are your favourite band? I don't get that.

Or are you simply saying that you think more other people would call Zeppelin their favourite band and vote for them. I can understand that, but that's why I (tried to) enlist the help of everyone on here!

I don't think I'd even vote, but all I'm saying is, in a situation like this where it's a rock wars type bracket, it's tough to deny that Zep is easily one of the top few ever. There simply would not be a Pearl Jam without them.
  • Options
    GS163319 wrote:
    I don't think I'd even vote, but all I'm saying is, in a situation like this where it's a rock wars type bracket, it's tough to deny that Zep is easily one of the top few ever. There simply would not be a Pearl Jam without them.
    No denying, but in the end this is a popularity contest based on a snapshot in time. It's not a deep, who-is-the-most-influential type thing. It's simple, you just vote for your favourite out of the two. Could you not find a couple of minutes to vote for PJ if you "love and will always consider Pearl Jam my favorite band"?

No pressure, I just thought I'd call on the power of this forum to tip the scales in the direction of my (our?) favourite band...
  • Options
    Bump for finals consideration. Don't worry, in two hours time it'll all be over and I'll let this thread die :)

Thanks all those (if any) that voted!
  • Options
    Last bump, I promise. PJ are in the final against Iron Maiden. Voting has started and Iron Maiden have taken a huge early lead!

Please don't let them lose to Iron Maiden!
  • Options
    topaztopaz Posts: 301
    sweet, 73% pearl jam at the moment.....
  • Options
    topaz wrote:
    sweet, 73% pearl jam at the moment.....
    Last I saw it was 66:34 to PJ, somehow they reckon Iron Maiden won with 52%!

I don't know what's going on there...

Oh well, there's always next year!
  • Options
    raarraar Posts: 30
    I think the web site only reflected web votes :(
    NZ Pearl Jam Fan
  • Options
    FRIGGIN LANDSLIDE!!!!!! for pearl jam of course
  • Options
    raarraar Posts: 30
    Except they lost
    NZ Pearl Jam Fan
  • Options
    oh stink..so they did, oh well Pearl jam are still the best, even if a bunch of rednecks cant see it, I have a real problem with Iron Maiden I hate the way Dickenson sings, he should be in some third rate musical. Stick to flying planes mate!
  • Options
    that is cool pj is great but why would they put two great bands like ac/dc and rem agaainst each other in first round idk but no way is shihad better than david david bowie