Miracle on Ice Gold Medal

pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,310
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
to be auctioned off!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d ... 4#comments

OK this is the saddest thing. And Mark won't get any money from this sale as he sold it back in the 80's. I really want to set up a site where people can donate money to purchase this thing and give back to Mark but have no idea how to start/set up a website????

I know this is a pipe dream but I LOVE hockey and this shouldn't happen to anyone in any facet of life where you have to give up something so hard earned for medical bills!
If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Well, the medal is a symbol of his achievement - simply not possessing it it doesn't take away from the fact that he was on the team that won it ... If you are collecting money, forget the medal, send it to him so he can pay his medical bills, dude!
  • that blows
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,310
    Well, the medal is a symbol of his achievement - simply not possessing it it doesn't take away from the fact that he was on the team that won it ... If you are collecting money, forget the medal, send it to him so he can pay his medical bills, dude!

Yeah I hear you but then you probably couldn't raise a tenth of the money. I was thinking if he had it back that maybe he could make arrangements with a sports related institute (Hockey Hall of Fame?) to have them pay X amount up front and then Mark surrenders it upon an agreed upon date???? I'm just thinkin out loud and am just bummed for him.

You just know he didn't get back then what he could now....
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • pearljim wrote:
    Well, the medal is a symbol of his achievement - simply not possessing it it doesn't take away from the fact that he was on the team that won it ... If you are collecting money, forget the medal, send it to him so he can pay his medical bills, dude!

Yeah I hear you but then you probably couldn't raise a tenth of the money. I was thinking if he had it back that maybe he could make arrangements with a sports related institute (Hockey Hall of Fame?) to have them pay X amount up front and then Mark surrenders it upon an agreed upon date???? I'm just thinkin out loud and am just bummed for him.

You just know he didn't get back then what he could now....

Looks like you got a good plan there, dude ... however, the Hockey Hall of Fame is a lot more concerned about Canadian accomplishments than American ones (it is, after all, our religion up here in le grand nord), so we really have no reason to celebrate American success in hockey ... except if they play for Canadian NHL teams!
    On a related note, I'm actually bummed out for the families and especially kids in Haiti, China and Pakistan rebuilding after their respective natural disasters and I contribute to UNICEF to help them out - now that is my money being put to good use ... Peace
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067

Looks like you got a good plan there, dude ... however, the Hockey Hall of Fame is a lot more concerned about Canadian accomplishments than American ones (it is, after all, our religion up here in le grand nord), so we really have no reason to celebrate American success in hockey ... except if they play for Canadian NHL teams!
    so then explain to me why last year the hhof inducted more americans then canadians

i mean after all it is only for canadians right? :roll: :roll: :roll:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,709
    Thats a shame.
    I'm sure Wells was not paid anywhere near the 125K they predict it could fetch.

I've seen Eruzione's medal.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • metsfan wrote:

so then explain to me why last year the hhof inducted more americans then canadians

i mean after all it is only for canadians right? :roll: :roll: :roll:

I only said we are more concerned with Canadians than Americans - I did not say that we do not induct Americans. How easy it is to construe words ... you really do seem to have a chip on your shoulder
    By the way, please do contribute to help families in Third World countries afflicted by natural disasters ... after watching the highlights on SportsCenter tonight
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067

I only said we are more concerned with Canadians than Americans - I did not say that we do not induct Americans. How easy it is to construe words ... you really do seem to have a chip on your shoulder
    By the way, please do contribute to help families in Third World countries afflicted by natural disasters ... after watching the highlights on SportsCenter tonight
    oh yes i have a sucha huge fucking chip on my shoulder :roll: :roll:.u really no me so well :lol::lol:

i'd rather contribute to poor inner cities then 3rd world countries

hows that for a chip on my shoulder
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?