Tempurpedic mattresses

he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Does anyone have one? Considering buying one as our bed sucks but I'm worried about it being hot. I hear the mattresses retain heat and I like to be COLD when I sleep. Any opinions?
We were but stones your light made us stars
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I used to sell them, and I have slept on one at a hotel for a few nights.

YES-they retain heat, it is a high density foam so they don't 'breathe' that's why they get hot.
    you do sink into the bed and that makes for annoying lumps if you roll around when you sleep. It takes about 15 minutes for the foam to conform, so if you roll over onto your back from your side, you have to deal with the 'dent' you made before. It can take up to 6 weeks to get used to the mattress, that's why they give you that 90 day trial period. I sold many of their pillows and many of them got returned for the reasons I mentioned. I never sold a mattress because if you let them take away your old mattress, then decide to return the Tempurpedic mattress, you have to find a new bed again. :twisted:
    The only benefit of the mattress is that it does not collect the bed bugs, and skin cells (an average mattress will gain 10 pounds of shed skin cells and dust mites, dust mite feces etc in 5 years)
    I have slept on a Sleep Number mattress....ooooohhhhhh heaven! (That's gonna be my next mattress, and they cost about the same as a Tempurpedic))
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Greatest invention known to man kind... my back has stopped hurting and I actually can sleep (some times)...
    It does retain heat a bit but the comfort outweighs it by far...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    4and20 wrote:
    I used to sell them, and I have slept on one at a hotel for a few nights.

YES-they retain heat, it is a high density foam so they don't 'breathe' that's why they get hot.
    you do sink into the bed and that makes for annoying lumps if you roll around when you sleep. It takes about 15 minutes for the foam to conform, so if you roll over onto your back from your side, you have to deal with the 'dent' you made before. It can take up to 6 weeks to get used to the mattress, that's why they give you that 90 day trial period. I sold many of their pillows and many of them got returned for the reasons I mentioned. I never sold a mattress because if you let them take away your old mattress, then decide to return the Tempurpedic mattress, you have to find a new bed again. :twisted:
    The only benefit of the mattress is that it does not collect the bed bugs, and skin cells (an average mattress will gain 10 pounds of shed skin cells and dust mites, dust mite feces etc in 5 years)
    I have slept on a Sleep Number mattress....ooooohhhhhh heaven! (That's gonna be my next mattress, and they cost about the same as a Tempurpedic))

interesting.

thanks for the good info
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg