Pee Wee Football

Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
So pee wee tackle football season has started in my town... See the Starting Lineman for my towns team below

LoganFootball-1.jpg

First year being a football dad and it's great as he really loves it and is not bad (certainly compared to his dad - he would be Lawrence Taylor :mrgreen: )...

Anyway it's my first experience watching other dad's (and mom's) in such a sports environment... Most are ok but some are way crazy!! I obviously read about it but these kids are 7 and some dad's are pulling their kids and yelling and scolding them for not having NFL skills yet... One of the boys lost a fumble and his dad had reacted like he broke his favorite TV...

Anybody else going through this... I love it for the sport but I hope my son gets it from me that it should just be fun and not so serious...
GoiMTvP.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    so he does coke :?

just kidding, enjoy the games and don't become a crazy sport parent. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!

Hal won't let me go and watch him play rugby anymore. I was pretty embarrassing though, I used to yell an awful lot though :oops:
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Wait until the facemask grabbing begins from parents. I was never so shocked in my life when I watch my little brother at 10 get grabbed by the facemask by his coach for doing something wrong. The games can be very fun to watch, but some parents are beyond outrageous.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    it's such an unfortunate name for a sport... :lol:

best of luck to the kid though BD :thumbup:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • aww BD he's a cutie!!
    My bf played baseball as a youngin' and his dad was one of the crazies...yelling at him if he threw a bad pitch, making him practice non-stop. He played thru his Jr. year in highschool...but he hated every moment of it because his dad took it so seriously... From hearing his stories about it, I feel bad for him and other kids like that because really, how embarrassing is it to have your dad out there being a huge A-hole in front of all of your friends parents? Glad your not like that...Its really about having fun and making friends...and if your good at it, then even better...and if your really good at it and can get some scholarships for it, well then...even better yet :lol:

good luck and have fun!!
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• dunkman wrote:
    it's such an unfortunate name for a sport... :lol:

best of luck to the kid though BD :thumbup:
    Yes, unfortunately it's a family curse :cry:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Look at that little man! What a cutie. (He'd probably hate to hear anyone say that, though!) :lol:

I'm amazed at the behavior of the parents. There was a case in Massachusetts not all that long ago in which two fathers got into a fistfight in a hockey rink. Right in front of their kids who were players, the coaches, and onlookers. One of the fathers died as a result. How on earth does it get to that point?!? It's little kids...

In my family it was more like, "Really, you want to play a sport? But you'll get all sweaty! And you might get hurt! Was that a sniffle? Maybe you should stay home." The most strenuous sport anybody did was horseshoes and Scrabble.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)