How old were you when ?..........

Comments

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    54 just happened!! :lol:

How old were you when you visited your first head shop? Awesome memory ;)
  • pandora wrote:

I was gonna answer...but what is a head shop ??

:?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    pandora wrote:

A head shop is a retail outlet which specializes in drug paraphernalia related to consumption of cannabis, other recreational drugs, and New Age herbs, ... 8-) I must be showing my "era" again :P
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    pandora wrote:
    pandora wrote:

A head shop is a retail outlet which specializes in drug paraphernalia related to consumption of cannabis, other recreational drugs, and New Age herbs, ... 8-) I must be showing my "era" again :P

18 uhhh they card you here!

How old were you when you saw your first 'dirty mag'?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,025
    about 6. penthouse under mom and dads bed. nosy little fucker I was.

you first got drunk?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I was actually 10, at my sisters 18, I got into some alcohol, mainly champagne, and kept it on the sly. But then I didnt get drunk till I was about 14 then.

How old were you when you first tried smoking?
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    4and20 wrote:
    pandora wrote:

18 uhhh they card you here!

How old were you when you saw your first 'dirty mag'?
    not in my day! I think i was 16. My sister and brother in law started Joint Venture in Milwaukee first head shop, I made the roach clips as a part time job :D
    How things have changed

Dirty Mag....Have I seen one yet :lol:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    16....I even went to the store and bought the pack...they didn't card! :o :shock:

you had to get stitches?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    4and20 wrote:
    16....I even went to the store and bought the pack...they didn't card! :o :shock:

you had to get stitches?

I had a pretty good gash on my head when I was 5, I fell on some play equipment, and landed on a nail sticking out, about 1cm above my eye. Blood everywhere, I was right near my grandparents house and my mum was a nurse and she tried something to try and put it together to try and avoid stitches, she thought it would be too traumatic. It was cutting strips of band-aids, and pulling the two sides together. And it worked. She has done this trick a few time on others. But then I had some in my mouth when I had my wisdom teeth out.

How old where you when you got ur first job?
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,025
    pjfan31 wrote:

I had a pretty good gash on my head when I was 5, I fell on some play equipment, and landed on a nail sticking out, about 1cm above my eye. Blood everywhere, I was right near my grandparents house and my mum was a nurse and she tried something to try and put it together to try and avoid stitches, she thought it would be too traumatic. It was cutting strips of band-aids, and pulling the two sides together. And it worked. She has done this trick a few time on others. But then I had some in my mouth when I had my wisdom teeth out.

well the first was for the old man on occasion, 5-6 yrs old. The first PAYING job was a paper route at 12 years old.

you realized what you wanted to be when you grew up?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    mickeyrat wrote:
    pjfan31 wrote:

well the first was for the old man on occasion, 5-6 yrs old. The first PAYING job was a paper route at 12 years old.

you realized what you wanted to be when you grew up?

I'm 22 and have no idea what the fuck I want.

You?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I still am not what I wanted to be when I grew up. Always wanted to be a fireman and I actually got an offer after going through the whole process. However I had started a union apprenticeship which paid very well so I declined. I still make more than a fireman now but still have a lot of respect for them and deep down kinda wished I had taken the job when it was offered.

What was the scariest movie you ever saw? One that stuck with you for quite a while?
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • youngster wrote:
    I still am not what I wanted to be when I grew up. Always wanted to be a fireman and I actually got an offer after going through the whole process. However I had started a union apprenticeship which paid very well so I declined. I still make more than a fireman now but still have a lot of respect for them and deep down kinda wished I had taken the job when it was offered.

What was the scariest movie you ever saw? One that stuck with you for quite a while?
    I guess the Exorcist, although it's not that scary (I don't watch a lot of horror flicks). The scene where the girl's head spins around and her walking like a spider kind of freaked me out and stuck with me for a while. I was 14 when I saw it ;)

How old were you when you got in your first car wreck (not necessarily with you as the driver)?
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    youngster wrote:

I guess the Exorcist, although it's not that scary (I don't watch a lot of horror flicks). The scene where the girl's head spins around and her walking like a spider kind of freaked me out and stuck with me for a while. I was 14 when I saw it ;)

How old were you when you got in your first car wreck (not necessarily with you as the driver)?

It was 2000. I was 18 and my dad was driving on Rt 1 taking me to get my Senior Prom tux when the guy in front of us slammed on his brakes because someone else cut him off. We were going about 60mph and slammed into this guy. I remember the car's hood folded up like an accordian in front of my eyes. Luckily we were both wearing seatbelts and neither of us were hurt but I remember after the accident that neither of our airbags went off and it was a 2000 Monte Carlo. Brand new car. Since then I make it a point to wear a seatbelt wherever I go.

How old were you when you got your first CD player? What year?
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • first cd player? definitely had to be 11 or 12.

How old were you when you got your first cassette player?--or boombox?
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Probably mid teens. Can't remember when cassettes came in.

How old were you when you first experienced the death of someone close to you?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    Gramma Lily at age 5

how old were you when you went to your very first concert?
  • first rock concert I was 17....it was Pearl Jam :) 2000 Charlotte, NC show to be exact...great memory :D

how old were you when your parents let you stay by yourself for the first time?
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014

How old were you when you realised being a kid was much more fun?
  • Have not reached that point yet, still having fun :mrgreen:

How old were you when you realized you wanted to be a parent?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Have not reached that point yet, still having fun :mrgreen:

How old were you when you realized you wanted to be a parent?

never..dont want any kids

h o w you when you made the BIG C MISTAKE
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    What's the C mistake?? Cheese, carrots, crew cut??

How old were you when you first climbed a rock face?
    Claireack wrote:
    What's the C mistake?? Cheese, carrots, crew cut??

How old were you when you first climbed a rock face?
    rock face as in mountain or rock face as in rock star? hee hee
    never a mountain a rock star at 21 ;)

How old were you when you got your first computer?
  • Paulina87Paulina87 Posts: 3,300
    pandora wrote:

about 8

How old were you when you started to learn foreign language?
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Paulina87 wrote:
    pandora wrote:

about 8

How old were you when you started to learn foreign language?

learned spanish in high school so 13 ish

how old were you when you had your first big fight
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    my first big fight that sticks with me came at age 8 with an older sister

how old were you when you had what you would consider and remember as your first traumatic experience?
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561

How old were you when first made a cup of coffee?
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    I was a slow learner. My Mum would come home from errands and say " Stick the kettle on for a coffee please Jo ", and that was all I did. All I did was put the kettle on.....I never got the hint she would actually like me to make a whole coffee for her... :(

So, I guess I'm a late ( selfish) bloomer with making Tea and coffee.....

How old were you when you saw your first dead person and how did you react?
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I was 27. It was my grandfather and I didn't feel good about it. He looked like a wax stranger. :|

How many dead people have you seen?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • PJ212PJ212 Posts: 822
    justam wrote:
    I was 27. It was my grandfather and I didn't feel good about it. He looked like a wax stranger. :|

How many dead people have you seen?

I think only one, my grandmother, when I was 20.

How old were you when you first flew on a plane by yourself? Where did you go?
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 2021: SHN, Ohana 2 & 3, 2022: LA 1 & 2, PHX, OAK 1 & 2, Fresno, MSG, BNA, B&B, STL, OKC, DEN, 2023: MSP 1 & 2, CHI 1 & 2, DFW 2, AUS 1 & 2, 2024: Vancouver 1 & 2, LV 1 & 2, SEA 1 & 2