80's Movies Experts Needed

2»

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    What is They Live?--never saw that one--I don't think.

and where is The Legend of Billy Jean--loved that movie.

They-Live_2-20080813-125142-medium.jpg

They-Live-Hoffman-lenses.jpg

theylive.jpg
    20 is "They Live"

Is that the one about the machines that come to life with Emilio Estevez? If not what was that one called?

that's "Maximum Overdrive" which is on youtube :D
  • What is They Live?--never saw that one--I don't think.

theylive.jpg

:wtf: zombie movie?
  • 20 is "They Live"

Is that the one about the machines that come to life with Emilio Estevez? If not what was that one called?

that's "Maximum Overdrive" which is on youtube :D

thank you. the hubz and I will have to watch that sometime to see how different it is now from what we remember.
  • What is They Live?--never saw that one--I don't think.

Rowdy Roddy Piper!!!
    It was a John Carpenter movie...
    GoiMTvP.gif

theylive.jpg

:wtf: zombie movie?

No aliens had taken over the world, corrupted the rich and controlled everything, only by looking through these special glasses could you see what the real world looked like, Starring Roddy Piper ( a fine actor) Great SciFi movie!!! to this day i still wonder about rich people.....
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262

Rowdy Roddy Piper!!!

Man, it's weird to see Rowdy Roddy Piper not wearing a kilt. (Obviously, i watched a lot of wrestling in the 80's).
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • merkinball wrote:

Rowdy Roddy Piper!!!

Man, it's weird to see Rowdy Roddy Piper not wearing a kilt. (Obviously, i watched a lot of wrestling in the 80's).
    I was more of a Bob Backlund, Bruno Semartino 70's guy.. :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • okay 80's dudes. What was the name of the 80's movie where one dude and girl stayed the night in a movie theatre or something and when they came out the next day, all the people were gone? They had turned to red ash or something and were being washed into the sewers? They were like the only 2 people left on the planet.

I think, maybe, that the bad dude at the end of the movie was also actor William Dafoe? actually scratch that--just looked at his filmography and none of his 80's movies seem to match what I was thinking. sorry. :oops:
  • okay 80's dudes. What was the name of the 80's movie where one dude and girl stayed the night in a movie theatre or something and when they came out the next day, all the people were gone? They had turned to red ash or something and were being washed into the sewers? They were like the only 2 people left on the planet.

I think, maybe, that the bad dude at the end of the movie was also actor William Dafoe? actually scratch that--just looked at his filmography and none of his 80's movies seem to match what I was thinking. sorry. :oops:

this is the closest I've got

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6dOoyghxb0
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Okay, we're 95% there. What movie is the badge? My vote is narrowing down to Beverly Hills Cop but I could be totally off.
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
    mbangel10 wrote:
    Okay, we're 95% there. What movie is the badge? My vote is narrowing down to Beverly Hills Cop but I could be totally off.

Robo Cop?
  • mbangel10 wrote:
    Okay, we're 95% there. What movie is the badge? My vote is narrowing down to Beverly Hills Cop but I could be totally off.

Robo Cop?

it's Robocop
  • mbangel10 wrote:

Robo Cop?

That's a good one. Is that symbol in the movie?
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • mbangel10 wrote:
    mbangel10 wrote:

Robo Cop?

That's a good one. Is that symbol in the movie?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23090029@N06/sets/72157623278947855/comments/
  • mbangel10 wrote:

Robo Cop?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23090029@N06/sets/72157623278947855/comments/

Cheater! :lol:

But thanks... it was driving me crazy.
  • mbangel10 wrote:

... it was driving me crazy.

I had the same issue, but not all the answers are there
  • Thanks for the help everyone! I got absolutely no work done this afternoon trying to figure out what movies those symbols stood for.

Also, is it odd that the first movie I thought of for #18 was this?

house.jpg

this is the closest I've got

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6dOoyghxb0

thank you. that might be it. I remember them going to shopping malls and all that. I think I probably jumbled 2 or 3 movie memories into one.