Gramophone and Vinyl collection - how do I find value?

yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I have recently acquired about 20 odd gramophone and vinyl records, which came with an old retro case I bought. I am interested to see if any are rare or valuable, however I'm not sure how to go about it?

There is a collection of Disney stories on vinyl and a handful of gramophone records, which look pretty old. Does anyone know about a good forum or website I could have a look at to try and find the value of these?
"....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Ebay?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I poked around the internet and only found sites that take me to ebay. Most Disney vinyls are going for between $5-20. (These are the ones from the 60s). I actually have about 15-20 of these vinyls, the records don't skip, and the books are in actually really good shape (no rips, tears, or markings). I don't plan on selling them as I listened to these when I was a kid. :)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Thanks all :)

Yeah I had a scope on eBay yesterday and saw that the Disney vinyls were about $10 each...I would love to know how much the gramophone records are worth, and I wonder if I have any rare ones?

Thanks for the link too :)
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed