Options

The Social Network

2»

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    I don't really get how this is a stretch for a movie. The story of Facebook and Zuckerberg is pretty incredible and while I am not a user, I do find it very interesting.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,790
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I don't really get how this is a stretch for a movie. The story of Facebook and Zuckerberg is pretty incredible and while I am not a user, I do find it very interesting.

Agreed. Dude became a millionaire in college. 80's was Apple, 90's was Windows, 00's was Facebook.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,170
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Agreed. Dude became a millionaire in college. 80's was Apple, 90's was Windows, 00's was Facebook.

The 10's is the 10c website.....crashing on ticket day is gonna be huge
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    The complete soundtrack is up on Amazon for $2.99 download right now, only for a couple days. Its worth getting. Trent and Atticus have not only composed 18 tracks, but they've reworked the classical piece In the Hall of the Mountain King by Grieg. Its worth hearing!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    What's to get? It's all opinion and personal interest pretty much.
    In this case I'm the opposite of you.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

To me, the fact that its Facebook is incidental. Its more a story of intrigue, relationships, business and money, and that's more why it interests me.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

How does your or someone elses lack of interest in a movie make it a stretch as a concept?
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

To me, the fact that its Facebook is incidental. Its more a story of intrigue, relationships, business and money, and that's more why it interests me.

Agreed
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

How does your or someone elses lack of interest in a movie make it a stretch as a concept?
    The same way your interest in the concept makes it a good one?
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Ideas for movies are really being stretched these days. :?

agree.. And when the heck is the movie gonna come out showing us how Myspace started and all the drama surrounding it? :lol:

I don't know, but when they do...they've got to include a sub-plot about that dumb-ass girl that took a picture for Myspace in the bathroom but left a turd in the toilet.

myspace-next-time-you-try-to-look-hot-flush-the-toilet-demotivational-poster.jpg

Yup, there it is.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    loving the soundtrack

its ghosts meets nintendo :)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,921
    hearing this movie is getting great reviews. Looking forward to seeing it (probably Saturday).
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    I'd rather read the book :)

+1. I did it's a great read as is most of the books Ben writes.
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I've watched "The Late Shift" about Jay Leno vs David Letterman, "Barbarians At The Gate" about RJR Nabisco and "Pirates Of Silicon Valley" about Steve Jobs vs Bill Gates.

This movie sounds like it might be in the same vane.

It's a highly used website, so people might have more in common to see this film than any of the other ones I've mentioned.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    dcfaithful wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Ideas for movies are really being stretched these days. :?

agree.. And when the heck is the movie gonna come out showing us how Myspace started and all the drama surrounding it? :lol:

I don't know, but when they do...they've got to include a sub-plot about that dumb-ass girl that took a picture for Myspace in the bathroom but left a turd in the toilet.

myspace-next-time-you-try-to-look-hot-flush-the-toilet-demotivational-poster.jpg

Yup, there it is.

*barfs*
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    just got back from it... thought it was very good... a little on the slow side but it does a great job jumping between the past and present and giving several perspectives

the sorkin banter, that dark fincher quality, the NIN soundtrack fit nicely, the acting was good... except JT but you're supposed to hate him anyway so it actually helps

definitely an interesting story... not alot of likeable people

dunno that i would've cared that much if i wasn't into facebook... but who knows

GO CHECK IT OUT

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,921
    Saw this last night. Great movie. Well written good acting. I'm not a Justin Timberlake fan, but he was good in this movie as the guy who founded Napster. Jesse plays Mark (the guy who "invents" facebook), but he is kind of an asshole in the movie. He tries not to be but it just turns out that way. Also Trent Reznor does a great job on the soundtrack, I 'm gonna have to look for it.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Saw this last night. Great movie. Well written good acting. I'm not a Justin Timberlake fan, but he was good in this movie as the guy who founded Napster. Jesse plays Mark (the guy who "invents" facebook), but he is kind of an asshole in the movie. He tries not to be but it just turns out that way. Also Trent Reznor does a great job on the soundtrack, I 'm gonna have to look for it.

You can get the soundtrack off Amazon for like $5.00.

Saw it on Sunday - it was one of the best movies of the year IMO. I plan to see it again this weekend. Someone pointed out that there is at least one Fight Club reference in the movie. (Very subtle)

I thought Justin Timberlake was unexpectedly good. So many funny moments. And sad moments. I found Zuckerberg to be quite a compelling character as portrayed in the movie.
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:
    Someone pointed out that there is at least one Fight Club reference in the movie. (Very subtle)
    i thought i noticed something but cant remember it now... wasn't there a poster in a dorm room or something? i love shameless self promotion :lol:

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,305
    just got back from it... thought it was very good... a little on the slow side but it does a great job jumping between the past and present and giving several perspectives

the sorkin banter, that dark fincher quality, the NIN soundtrack fit nicely, the acting was good... except JT but you're supposed to hate him anyway so it actually helps

definitely an interesting story... not alot of likeable people

dunno that i would've cared that much if i wasn't into facebook... but who knows

GO CHECK IT OUT

agreed it was pretty damn good. the whole chicken/forced cannibalism thing was pretty funny.

i'm sure they greatly exaggerated it, but i didn't think that napster dude was such a huge douche.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    brilliant flick!

sorkin must write every movie form now on! :P :mrgreen:

jessie eisenberg was great

not a big fan of trent's music but it work perfectly
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    saw it friday night.

i thought it was great. im not sure if mark zuckerberg is really like that but jesse eisenberg was great. reznors music had me excited as well. and justin timberlake.. that guy needs to make more films.... and i dont mean yogi bear. i liked the ending.

never piss off a nerd.. you just might make him a billionaire. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say